Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That match encapsulated Spurs to a tee. Between scoring some absolutely beautiful goals we stepped into a bucket filled with flaming turds. Fucking love this team. I would not have it any other way. And I've had an erection for the last three hours.

What a finish. Spurs always makes things interesting at the end now dont they ?

Eriksen steps up yet again. Those peoples slating him earlier in the year have quickly disappeared.

And Dembele had quite the game in that advanced role. Lets hope he continues to build off these recent performances and is a massive contributor in the back-half of the season.

On to some Wembley biz. Bring on the big bad Blues. GS

And Levy needs to get on the phone w/ one of those Milan clubs and hopefully swindle them for 20 plus via Lamela services. Seems so lost out there and simply time to call a spade a spade before its too late

March 1st
Joe Clash: "We won, yay!"
Paulinho on twitter: "So glad to score, big love to all the Spurs fans, except Joe Clash, fuck that guy"
Then he posts a picture of him and Eriksen flipping off the camera at you.

You grow so sad to be hated by Eriksen that you give up football and turn to gardening as your main point of interest.
Or lego

And Levy needs to get on the phone w/ one of those Milan clubs and hopefully swindle them for 20 plus via Lamela services. Seems so lost out there and simply time to call a spade a spade before its too late
Dis-a-fucking-gree. Lamela had a few moments of bad Coco. But he made some absolutely sublime passes today. He beautifully led both Kane and Mason into space on what really could have been goals.

Dis-a-fucking-gree. Lamela had a few moments of bad Coco. But he made some absolutely sublime passes today. He beautifully led both Kane and Mason into space on what really could have been goals.
I would call those passes as ones he should be making. But , he has been so dire, it spawns into a "sublime" pass. I dont see it , but have no problem being proven wrong.

Just got back from the match. Don't know how my nerves survived... Great day out though. It'd be nice to just win these kind of matches comfortably sometimes, but that wouldn't be the Spurs we know and love.

Onwards and upwards, Wembley here we ruddy well come!

That's praise indeed. I thought their fans were decent too, you could see it meant something to them to try and get glory and win and yet without lowering themselves and being nasty or sick. I actually enjoyed the games against them more than playing any of the premier league teams we've played recently, in terms of the goodness of football as a game. I enjoyed taking Chelsea apart for instance, but it was a very one-sided feeling, and there was no love lost for their fans. I feel kinda sorry for United cause they achieved a great deal, especially considering their resources, and I really do hope they go on to knock the other lesser united out in the next round of the FA cup. Man Utd's fans are beyond shocking and deserve nothing but defeat.

On reflection though, I do think our players looked quite a bit better really, we made a lot of chances and could have been four up at half time. We didn't and thats all that matters, but 19 shots to 11 does tell a story. Most of theirs were off target and one of their goals took a big deflection. I was impressed with their fitness and work-rate though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom