Mattia Destro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would we buy a player who barely gets games in league where the quality is not good? Serie A is terrible now besides Juventus. I think excluding Juve there are only about ten players in the entire league that would legitimately improve us. Destro is definitely not one of them. If we buy Destro it is just proof that our director of football is too lazy to actually scout and is just buying players from his previous club. Diabolical. Kaboul and Capoue have gotten more league minutes for us than Destro has for Roma.

Yago Falque has scored 4 in 5 games this year and Gervinho may have been Roma's best player last season. Long gone are the days of Serie A being a prestigious European league.

Why would we buy a player who barely gets games in league where the quality is not good? Serie A is terrible now besides Juventus. I think excluding Juve there are only about ten players in the entire league that would legitimately improve us. Destro is definitely not one of them. If we buy Destro it is just proof that our director of football is too lazy to actually scout and is just buying players from his previous club. Diabolical. Kaboul and Capoue have gotten more league minutes for us than Destro has for Roma.

Yago Falque has scored 4 in 5 games this year and Gervinho may have been Roma's best player last season. Long gone are the days of Serie A being a prestigious European league.

10 mil for Ings maybe 20 mil for Berahino who are good young English goalscorers with Premiership experience or 20 mil for Destro a guy who we have little idea if he will be adaptable to the prem considering the level of the current Italian League.

It just stinks of Soldado all over again.

10 mil for Ings maybe 20 mil for Berahino who are good young English goalscorers with Premiership experience or 20 mil for Destro a guy who we have little idea if he will be adaptable to the prem considering the level of the current Italian League.

Honestly that's unfair to Soldado, he had a significantly better record in a substantially better league. Destro would be such a strange signing at the prices mooted. Luckily, it seems to be bullshit and he's much more likely to be off to AC Milan.

Another potentially expensive striker from a foreign league has fuck up all over it.

I'd get Ings sorted now as I think he's a free agent in the summer, Adebayor will eventually leave and I'd be happy with Kane, Ings & Soldado as our 3 options.

Honestly that's unfair to Soldado, he had a significantly better record in a substantially better league. Destro would be such a strange signing at the prices mooted. Luckily, it seems to be bullshit and he's much more likely to be off to AC Milan.

Yet Soldado has still been very poor hence Destro would be as big if not bigger risk.

Another potentially expensive striker from a foreign league has fuck up all over it.

I'd get Ings sorted now as I think he's a free agent in the summer, Adebayor will eventually leave and I'd be happy with Kane, Ings & Soldado as our 3 options.

Let Bobby go if not for our sake for his sake, he looks a destroyed man out on the pitch, I'd rather have our third choice striker as an up and coming kid, can't imagine Bobby would be a happy person being third choice either behind Kane and Ings.

Let Bobby go if not for our sake for his sake, he looks a destroyed man out on the pitch, I'd rather have our third choice striker as an up and coming kid, can't imagine Bobby would be a happy person being third choice either behind Kane and Ings.
I don't think it's always as clear cut as 1st/2nd/3rd choice, Soldado still has a lot of support at the Lane, it doesn't seem to be working for him but I can't question his work rate. You can question his finishing all day, but he seems a decent presence in the squad and with 2 young strikers in Kane and Ings I'd rather have someone a bit more experienced there as well.

20 for Berahino would be an overpay. He's not better than Ings really.

20 for Berahino would be an overpay. He's not better than Ings really.

Agreed, Ings is my fav young striker right now, has so much talent other than simply scoring goals, like Bony a few years back he is enough under the radar for us to get him if we make a resonable offer, 2-3 years time I am almost certain he will be a top draw striker at which time the Chavs or Citeh will just walk in and take him.

Barahino has great talent but questionable personality, that being said can you blame West Brom for putting such a price tag on him, he is young very has a good scoring record, is a live wire. If Berahino was at Spurs Levy would take £20 million min, probably £30 million for his services.

We are not in a good position to haggel right now, we need a forward end of story, our season depends on having cover for Kane that means we might have to pay over the odds. All very well people saying pick up Ings or that Ukrainian winger on the cheap in the summer but if our season fizzels out because we don't get cover now it will be a very hollow victory.

Has anybody actually seen this guy play much? Seems very expensive and a pretty big risk
Used to watch a decent amount of Roma games. I've never been much of a fan of Destro. He's kinda in between Soldado and Ade. He's not as good as Soldado at passing, pretty good in the air, pretty good finisher, doesn't seem to have the greatest attitude though. I don't think he's worth the money.

Totti Totti should be able to offer some insightful thoughts on him.

From what I've seen, I think he'd be a great buy for us. Happily see Ade or Bobby go the other way.
I've made my feelings clear on Destro. I believe it was in the January transfer window thread.

I'd be happy with the signing as long as we sell Adebayor and Soldado.

Back
Top Bottom