£250-400 for a mascot to walk on the field at the start of a match?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthernCross10

west sydney yid
Is this serious??
If so that is crap imo.
it should be free for the kids to walk out on the pitch as a mascot
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-children-mascots

Eleven Premier League teams, most of whom have spent time in the Championship in the past 10 years, ask a fee for being a mascot on matchday. Queens Park Rangers and Swansea City both charge £450 plus VAT for their packages while West Ham’s prices range from £350-£600 depending on the fixture.

The packages vary between £250-400 at Tottenham, £300-400 at Leicester City, £150-425 at Crystal Palace and £330-390 at Stoke. Burnley, West Bromwich Albion and Hull City also charge, while Newcastle United’s corporate hospitality packages of £3,000-4,000 include mascot places.

Some clubs, including Spurs, QPR and Newcastle, do, however, offer a number of free mascot places through competitions and charities. Others do not charge at all: Woolwich, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Southampton and Sunderland.

Is this serious??
If so that is crap imo.
it should be free for the kids to walk out on the pitch as a mascot
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-children-mascots

Eleven Premier League teams, most of whom have spent time in the Championship in the past 10 years, ask a fee for being a mascot on matchday. Queens Park Rangers and Swansea City both charge £450 plus VAT for their packages while West Ham’s prices range from £350-£600 depending on the fixture.

The packages vary between £250-400 at Tottenham, £300-400 at Leicester City, £150-425 at Crystal Palace and £330-390 at Stoke. Burnley, West Bromwich Albion and Hull City also charge, while Newcastle United’s corporate hospitality packages of £3,000-4,000 include mascot places.

Some clubs, including Spurs, QPR and Newcastle, do, however, offer a number of free mascot places through competitions and charities. Others do not charge at all: Woolwich, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Southampton and Sunderland.
I never knew that. Bunch of cunts if that's the case - us included.

at our home games do both teams have a kid or is it just spurs players and the opposing team captain??
12x400 = 4800
4800 x 19 league games = 91200

£91200 extra a year!!!!????
That's not even what the club are paying Adebayor a week!

I always assumed that they were kids from the academy or kids from the hospital that were well enough to walk out on the pitch...

But to charge them that about of money is absurd
To charge any money is so wrong. Spurs PR is a fucking shambles. Put the kids' names in a hat, and when it's their turn, they trot out. Although that would mean some 50 year olds going out the way we run things.

Every home player has one child and the away team has one player.
About 3 seasons ago, my son was a mascot.......v QPR , live on Sky, but they fecked up and his face and the line up didn't appear on screen, and we won( just happened to be against the team, I first Ever saw my 1st game against, in 1976, we lost 0-3 !!.
It was a fanatic day for him , it included 2 tickets to sit in the West stand ago watch the game, though I had to pay for my wife and daughter .He got to meet Chirpy and nearly all the players , got his shirt signed by most of them too, and being a goalie, got his gloves signed by Friedel.they received a lovely photo album momento.
The best part about it though was, as I had, and still do have a THFC Visa card, and you get points for every purchase, one Sunday I looked through the rewards available, and went down stairs to tell SWMBO , I've applied to be a mascot, she said you're to old and would look a right tit walking out in shorts, holding a players hand at 46...... So my son had to step up.
For some reason they've stopped doing this, which is a real shame, would I have paid, possibly, as it was a wonderful experience for him, he also got his name on the jumbo tons and picture in the programme, he also appeared in a "Match " publication..
It is wrong to charge, but whilst people are willing to pay 150-400 to walk out for a big match I can't see it changing, perhaps half should pay and half could be members and hospital kids.
He's also been fortunate to be a flag waver around the pitch, and he was offered a second opportunity for the Everton game, but at 13 he deemed himself too old.....these offers were open FREE , but only to club members who book tickets in the family Paxton road. It's,also free to get your name on the Jumbotrons for birthdays, first visit, etc and the club are very obliging in adding occasions into the programme

This is crazy. I was a mascot at Burnley back in 1997 (lived there for a short while) and all you had to do was be a Junior Member and you were put into a monthly draw.

"There used to be a football club over there..." springs to mind.

Why get outraged by something like this.......just don't bother doing it

Is your kid really going to look back fondly at walking out hand in hand with Younes Kaboul or Emmanual Adebayor?

In defence of the club.

I believe THE mascot is still a Junior Spur Competition winner. This is a prize, junior gets to walk out first with the captain, kick about on the pitch, photo with the captains and refs. Brilliant prize. I think the mascots gets two free tickets for adults in the West stand.

The other 10 kids are not really mascots. All you are getting is a lap of the pitch before the game and a walk onto the sidelines whilst holding a random players sweaty palm. Then shuffled off to your seats. That's an experience, and I don't see anything wrong with the club charging for that.

Every home player has one child and the away team has one player.
About 3 seasons ago, my son was a mascot.......v QPR , live on Sky, but they fecked up and his face and the line up didn't appear on screen, and we won( just happened to be against the team, I first Ever saw my 1st game against, in 1976, we lost 0-3 !!.
It was a fanatic day for him , it included 2 tickets to sit in the West stand ago watch the game, though I had to pay for my wife and daughter .He got to meet Chirpy and nearly all the players , got his shirt signed by most of them too, and being a goalie, got his gloves signed by Friedel.they received a lovely photo album momento.
The best part about it though was, as I had, and still do have a THFC Visa card, and you get points for every purchase, one Sunday I looked through the rewards available, and went down stairs to tell SWMBO , I've applied to be a mascot, she said you're to old and would look a right tit walking out in shorts, holding a players hand at 46...... So my son had to step up.
For some reason they've stopped doing this, which is a real shame, would I have paid, possibly, as it was a wonderful experience for him, he also got his name on the jumbo tons and picture in the programme, he also appeared in a "Match " publication..
It is wrong to charge, but whilst people are willing to pay 150-400 to walk out for a big match I can't see it changing, perhaps half should pay and half could be members and hospital kids.
He's also been fortunate to be a flag waver around the pitch, and he was offered a second opportunity for the Everton game, but at 13 he deemed himself too old.....these offers were open FREE , but only to club members who book tickets in the family Paxton road. It's,also free to get your name on the Jumbotrons for birthdays, first visit, etc and the club are very obliging in adding occasions into the programme
I actually think that is a fucking brilliant and well worth the money. What an experience!! One of the most memorable days of my childhood was going to The Lane at 5 or 6 (yeah, it was that memorable i unfortunately can't remember anything about the game, who we played or if we won) but it was under the floodlights, midweek after school and I've been hooked for life since. Imagine having all the other stuff on top of that fucking brilliant. Never did this for my kids (wish I did), but I've now got two grandchildren who are a few years off, but expect that my nieces and nephews will now have this experience to look forward to.
Personally responsible for ensuring every child born into the family is a Spurs supporter, there have been a couple of dark moments over the years with two of them facing strong pier pressure at school to support the scum but with corporal punishment, mental and physical (no breaking of the skin) torture I am proud to say we have close to 20 of them all under 21 years old. Having Spurs as a common and shared passion within our family has been so rewarding and has helped keep us close including those that now live overseas. Fuck I've spent some money supporting this club, but without adding it up (I dare not) it's worth every penny.

Parasites, are they really that desperate for a few quid, make it luck of the draw.

Would mean more to some young lad who only gets to go once in a blue moon compared to Tabitha and Tristram who will just pop down from Pappas box.

My nephew was one a few years ago, was shocked at the price, then when you look at the 2 'free' tickets to the game and the full kit you are nearly at the £200 mark anyway.

He was with Modric, and had VDV and Bale either side of him, VDV tapped him on the shoulder in the tunnel and he ignored it, was when the sky cameras zoomed in as well.

Back
Top Bottom