Spurs official social media team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For some reason the spurs Facebook page has spent the last. 24 hours posting messages in different languages like Malaysian and showing interviews with players where they are quizzed about those countries.
I get why they would do it but surely it would be way better to create separate official pages for this countries so that they can release localised content more regularly, rather than confusing the fuck out of fans who aren't from Malaysia etc.

For some reason the spurs Facebook page has spent the last. 24 hours posting messages in different languages like Malaysian and showing interviews with players where they are quizzed about those countries.
I get why they would do it but surely it would be way better to create separate official pages for this countries so that they can release localised content more regularly, rather than confusing the fuck out of fans who aren't from Malaysia etc.
:adethumbup:

For a huge FB page like Spurs', it's very easy to limit the audience of a post to people in specific geographical regions. So those messages could be displayed for people in Malaysia/Thailand whatever only. That would increase the number of Malaysians seeing it, and it wouldn't piss off everyone else.
It's sad that someone has made the call of broadcasting it publicly anyhow. They know 90% of the responses will be angry, but still it's apparently worth it.

For a huge FB page like Spurs', it's very easy to limit the audience of a post to people in specific geographical regions. So those messages could be displayed for people in Malaysia/Thailand whatever only. That would increase the number of Malaysians seeing it, and it wouldn't piss off everyone else.
It's sad that someone has made the call of broadcasting it publicly anyhow. They know 90% of the responses will be angry, but still it's apparently worth it.

The thing is, it isn't worth it. Not by a long shot.
This is how engagement is calculated on Facebook: (((post+comments+likes+shares)/ number of fans)*1000)/length of period you're measuring for, in days)

They would get much higher engagement if they did limit their posts to a certain language and or region, they would also, as you pointed out, avoid getting hordes of angry fans who are willing to un-follow the page for this reason. Higher engagement = greater reach.

Large organizations also have the ability to get multi language support for their pages, in which facebook.com/tottenhamhotspur would always be the link, but depending on your region, you'd get the whole page in your local language - and it would be managed by several different SM teams.
Perhaps Spurs are not eligible for this however, as usually its reserved for brands that spend a lot on Facebook advertising - which I don't think Tottenham have too much reason to do except increasing reach.

I work with social media myself, and I cannot think of any good reason for THFC doing this intentionally - which leads me to believe perhaps there's been a fuck up by a local SM-team in asia. Though I really don't know.. It doesn't make sense considering all the negative feedback and the frequency and time span of these posts...

I think plenty of fans don't go nowadays precisely because of what we've become... a bitter, twisted old shadow of our former selves...
throw in a relegation to sort the wheat out from the chav(sic.) and you'd soon see fans return...
it's just that it would be a different sort of fan! with expectations borne out of reality and history, rather than what Kyle Walker is tweeting about, and Spurs are doing on Fifa Pro these days!
I also see that it didn't take Fazio long to jump on the Daniel Johnson bandwagon, get a £2,000 haircut and post it on twitter.
This is what's wrong with football. So, players are so out of touch with reality they can no longer go to the barbers and pay the local Dad's to get the WAHL's to their heads.
Especially when the England team fly out the same celebrity hairdresser to do hairstyles for the players and staff at the Euro's in Poland to, in their words, make them look good for the match. They care more about how their hair, boots and tat's look than the team they play for.

I also see that it didn't take Fazio long to jump on the Daniel Johnson bandwagon, get a £2,000 haircut and post it on twitter.
This is what's wrong with football. So, players are so out of touch with reality they can no longer go to the barbers and pay the local Dad's to get the WAHL's to their heads.
Especially when the England team fly out the same celebrity hairdresser to do hairstyles for the players and staff at the Euro's in Poland to, in their words, make them look good for the match. They care more about how their hair, boots and tat's look than the team they play for.

#Bennywoulddisagree :baeshock::bae:
Benoit-Assou-Ekotto-008.jpg

The Tottenham full-back Benoît Assou-Ekotto has a haircut at a barber's shop close to White Hart Lane. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian

The first few pages make interesting reading these days. The good old days when it was an absolute doddle to get tickets for some away games, never mind the home games. Couldn’t be further from our current situation

Back
Top Bottom