Spurs official social media team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've posted elsewhere that the empty seats at all matches should be a worry. Check out Touthub before a match too: there can be more than 500 on offer, with prices being slashed. The fan base is so fed up right now. It's worse than the 90s. We had reasons why we were shite then. Now we've had resources, we're pouring money into the club, the club's income has rocketed into the stratosphere, and we're still the laughing stock of the premier league and a complete and utter shambles. Bad decisions continue to be made at the top by people who don't understand the British game, don't understand football, and keep fucking up our club.

Hot Dogs without onions are fine. Now if you use Ketchup I'll cut you:nawty:
ChicagoNoKetchupSign.jpg

What self respecting person would?

I think the not selling out thing could be seen as the way the club have treated long term fans coming back to bite them.

Like the whole loyalty point cull thing, yeah it means that fans that have been going regularly for a couple of years get a chance to get tickets but it also pissed off a lot of fans that have been going for years.

Now that the 'Bale factor' etc has disappeared and we're looking a bit more like 90's Tottenham a lot of these newer fans aren't interested and the club have alienated a lot of that traditional core support.

Maybe they should retwat this vine:

They can add this text to it too:
There’s a story of Roy Keane’s new autobiography that begins with him waiting for Alex Ferguson to give his team talk before a match against Tottenham Hotspur. It’s an anecdote Keane uses to explain Ferguson’s feel for what a dressing-room needs, but it also says much about Spurs.

“I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” said Keane. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll ******* do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham,’ and that was it. Brilliant.”

I think the not selling out thing could be seen as the way the club have treated long term fans coming back to bite them.

Like the whole loyalty point cull thing, yeah it means that fans that have been going regularly for a couple of years get a chance to get tickets but it also pissed off a lot of fans that have been going for years.

Now that the 'Bale factor' etc has disappeared and we're looking a bit more like 90's Tottenham a lot of these newer fans aren't interested and the club have alienated a lot of that traditional core support.

I really don't get the issue on loyalty points - about 1 game a season doesn't go to general sale

I really don't get the issue on loyalty points - about 1 game a season doesn't go to general sale

I was more talking about getting tickets for away games there, but also that it was another thing that could be seen as the club driving away fans that have been going for years in favour of newer supporters, and now that maybe some of these newer supporters aren't turning up, those that were loyal through the darker days have been driven away.

I was more talking about getting tickets for away games there, but also that it was another thing that could be seen as the club driving away fans that have been going for years in favour of newer supporters, and now that maybe some of these newer supporters aren't turning up, those that were loyal through the darker days have been driven away.

I was thinking mainly about away games as well - all but Woolwich goes to members, Loyalty Points for Season Ticket holders are largely irrelevant.

Seems like everyone feels aggrieved, rather than there actually be anything that has directly effected them.

I was thinking mainly about away games as well - all but Woolwich goes to members, Loyalty Points for Season Ticket holders are largely irrelevant.

Seems like everyone feels aggrieved, rather than there actually be anything that has directly effected them.
The only people that will be aggrieved are the people that used to go loads, and now just pick and choose games. If you have a season ticket, or are a member that goes to most games, theres absolutely no reason it would be a problem.

To be honest, whoever OK'd TAKE THAT to provide the music to the pre-match Bill Nick tribute montage wants fucking sacking IMMEDIATELY!

seriously, was there really no music of note in the '60s??
Don't get me wrong, I like Take That but why didn't they just play Glory Glory Hallelujah - the hymn version that they played at this memorial service - there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house.

Don't get me wrong, I like Take That but why didn't they just play Glory Glory Hallelujah - the hymn version that they played at this memorial service - there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house.
Apparently no one took any notice down your end. I know you would have been clapping on the 61st minute, but what about the people around you?

The only people that will be aggrieved are the people that used to go loads, and now just pick and choose games. If you have a season ticket, or are a member that goes to most games, theres absolutely no reason it would be a problem.
But with increasingly expensive tickets people have no choice but to pick and choose games they go to..

Apparently no one took any notice down your end. I know you would have been clapping on the 61st minute, but what about the people around you?

I know some people didn't clap on the 61st minute as it simply doesn't do Bill justice to just clap for a minute. Not myself, other people.

But with increasingly expensive tickets people have no choice but to pick and choose games they go to..
But the core of the support, are the people that are there more often than not. The pick and choose guys can only be a couple of thousand people at most.

Anyway when i say pick and choose, i mean the people that built up a huge number of points and then only went to the big games.

Back
Top Bottom