Ledley King

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes I randomly think about Ledley and remember how class he was. I think one reason is because it puts me in a place of comfort, he's a club legend and won't/can't dick us around like so many of the other top players we've had in recent times.

How much I'd love to have a healthy King in the team.

Sometimes I randomly think about Ledley and remember how class he was. I think one reason is because it puts me in a place of comfort, he's a club legend and won't/can't dick us around like so many of the other top players we've had in recent times.

As Redknapp once said if he could get Ledley fit for 10 games the likelihood is that you would win all 10 he never said that about anyone else, he was right, him and Woodgate could have been Englands centre backs for a decade if all their good luck hadn't gone to that twat Terry

kind of astonishing..watching him make up 20 yards on the likes of robben when he had legs that worked properly...i forgot just how quick he was before the legs fell off.

To be fair, he play, scored and lost in the 4-5 at Woolwich 10 years ago, hardly a pasting but still shipped 5
Don't think thats a twatting though, but yeah thats a fair few, I think I'll rephrase and say we never really capitulated with Ledley in the team, his head wouldn't go down and he wouldn't let anyone else's go down either, just a mammoth of a man, hope we find a leader like him again:ledleylick:

Pretty cool ... look at this from a good bit of distance (if not obvious already):

BzxmyscIUAAXHJM.jpg

to be fair, if he had been fit I doubt he would have stayed with us for long..

Oh no Oz, I can't agree with that. This revisionist crap that suggests he would have been off is just that.

it may be revisionist, but considering woodgate who wasn't at the same level as king got a move to real Madrid wouldnt be off the mark to suggest king may have followed suit. We cant even keep our good players now lets alone in the 90'sa and early 00's when our finances were pants

it may be revisionist, but considering woodgate who wasn't at the same level as king got a move to real Madrid wouldnt be off the mark to suggest king may have followed suit. We cant even keep our good players now lets alone in the 90'sa and early 00's when our finances were pants
Not off the mark at all. He didn't follow suit, and that's how he should be judged.

Not off the mark at all. He didn't follow suit, and that's how he should be judged.

don't get me wrong, king is a spurs legend, undisputedly.
all I was suggesting was when our fans go on about how good he was or how good he could have been given his injuries etc they are doing the same thing; revising history to suggest he was a better player than he was.

talent alone dosent make a great player, I don't care if his talent made him the best CB England has ever seen, the fact of the matter is, he hardly got on the pitch..and if he did get on the pitch I very much doubt given the talent he possessed that he would have stayed with us for very long.

Back
Top Bottom