Jonas on free transfer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Jonas on free transfer?

• Total voters
no we got tanked by liverpoo because they're far more stable and a better run football club than us at present with a philosophy that's been in place for going on 3 seasons now

mate you're opinion in this thread is ridiculous and makes you look like a spoilt man child

we've got 3 first team number 9s on our books but you want one more :levylol:

anyway to each his own, this little discussion has run its course

My opinion is my opinion, just because it's different to yours doesn't make me a spoilt child..

I understand others including yourself are entitled to an opinion, that's why I joined the forum to discuss them.

We have the weakest strike force out of the teams fighting for the top 6 places and that is a concern to me.
Hence, my point of view on the subject.

You are happy with this strike force and are content that we no longer have ambitions of top 4. That's your opinion, I am not happy that we are getting weaker and would like to see us fighting for a top 4 spot.

That is all..

So saying I want a better strike force is childish??? Ok oh wise one..

Grown up man..

We've got Ade, Soldado and Kane then Lamela, Dier:dier: and Chadli capable of playing upfront

some washed up cunt like Jonas or another free agent aint gonna improve the strike force or play at all, it would be a complete waste of money

Togo may not even qualify for the acon as they lost their first match in qualifying to Guinea or some shit and Ghana is in their group too

you've ignored the fact most of the top teams only have 3 first team strikers and the fact Kane has shown massive improvement of late and needs to play to further that

then saying the goons could get all their strikers injured but not miss a beat is bollocks but we're one injury away from a meltdown lol fack off that's defeatist shite

comparing us to the scum when they've been in the CL for seasons on end and had the same manager for decades is also ridiculous when our manager is barely through the door

I want Tottenham to be successful and one of the best teams in Europe but expecting to much this season will just have you pulling out your hair if you've got any left(almost 40 lol). Levy needs to give the new man time(the fans too) thru thick and thin or we'll always be a nearly team with a revolving door of players and managers.

"Defeatist shit" and I'm the one saying we should be fighting for top 4, while you're saying we should forget top4...OK..

In one season we've had to watch Liverpool overtake us and some are saying we should just accept that and go for the Europa or Carling Cup... Now that's defeatist.. We should be on par if not better than Liverpool and be aiming to finish higher than them.. They've had one good season and that seems enough for us to accept they will get top 4 on we won't.. BOLLOCKS..

So saying I want a better strike force

But just adding doesnt mean better. You have to actually find and sign better.

Have you even considered the fact that Chelsea are going into a title and CL chasing campaign...not just making up the numbers, but trying to win them, and everything else they can.

With, you guessed it...three strikers.

One is 36
One is Remy

I guess they will need a fair few goals from midfield no?

Or has Jose has been let down by the tight pockets of Abramovich.

The thing is, apart from casually trying to get Welbeck on loan when he became available, we havent even been after a striker. All this Bony and Negredo (LOL) talk was forum sensationalism.

Poch said he was pretty happy with the squad. He sured up the defence, mostly with squad players, and swapped a DM.

People decided for themselves that "you can NEVER trust what a manager says during the window" and they all knew better, and knew what we needed and that our squad was "shit".

Now they decide that it was Poch who was let down!

People let their imaginations run wild, and its they who are the dissappointed ones.
Blame yourselves, not the club.

But just adding doesnt mean better. You have to actually find and sign better.

Have you even considered the fact that Chelsea are going into a title and CL chasing campaign...not just making up the numbers, but trying to win them, and everything else they can.

With, you guessed it...three strikers.

One is 36
One is Remy

I guess they will need a fair few goals from midfield no?

Or has Jose has been let down by the tight pockets of Abramovich.

The thing is, apart from casually trying to get Welbeck on loan when he became available, we havent even been after a striker. All this Bony and Negredo (LOL) talk was forum sensationalism.

Poch said he was pretty happy with the squad. He sured up the defence, mostly with squad players, and swapped a DM.

People decided for themselves that "you can NEVER trust what a manager says during the window" and they all knew better, and knew what we needed and that our squad was "shit".

Now they decide that it was Poch who was let down!

People let their imaginations run wild, and its they who are the dissappointed ones.
Blame yourselves, not the club.

I would have taken Remy in a heart beat... Chelsea also have Schurle..

I really hope Soldado improves on last season and has a blinding season as Ade will not perform to the required standard over the entire season, we all know that surely??
He has patches where he is nothing more than a statue for games on end. When he's good he's very good but he needs to do it on a more consistent basis.
Harry Kane is OK but needs another season or so before we can be sure he had what it takes, from what I've seen of him he won't make the grade.. This of course is my opinion and one I'll gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

I would have taken Remy in a heart beat... Chelsea also have Schurle..

I really hope Soldado improves on last season and has a blinding season as Ade will not perform to the required standard over the entire season, we all know that surely??
He has patches where he is nothing more than a statue for games on end. When he's good he's very good but he needs to do it on a more consistent basis.
Harry Kane is OK but needs another season or so before we can be sure he had what it takes, from what I've seen of him he won't make the grade.. This of course is my opinion and one I'll gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

Schurrel is a midfielder according to their own OS.

The thing that matters here is that Spurs did not want Remy. Let Poch fail for himself before deciding already we have fucked up...

Ok Woolwich have no strikers...

Sanchez, Giroud and Welbeck

Three strikers. One is average, one is shit.

Yet they are going for the PL and CL, and we need 4 strikers to get 4th....?

I think the thing you are missing is that top teams rarely play with two strikers, as the AM role has become far more aggressive, with 3 goal scoring mids behind the front man.

Striker No ???

Yes, you are right.....Im sure he will help massively in an injury crisis and feature a great deal in their hunt for the quadruple.

So Sanchez, Giroud, Welbeck and Sanogo....for a team trying to win the PL and CL.

I think this rams home the point that AMs are more important than having four top strikers, of whom 3 you will bench.

"Defeatist shit" and I'm the one saying we should be fighting for top 4, while you're saying we should forget top4...OK..

In one season we've had to watch Liverpool overtake us and some are saying we should just accept that and go for the Europa or Carling Cup... Now that's defeatist.. We should be on par if not better than Liverpool and be aiming to finish higher than them.. They've had one good season and that seems enough for us to accept they will get top 4 on we won't.. BOLLOCKS..

you've got unrealistic expectations and your head has been fucked by mainstream media/ modern day fans the internet whatever

liverpoo are a much bigger club than us and they actually spend money on top of what they make from transfers plus they've backed their manager and pay far bigger wages

Levy missed the boat on really capitalizing when we were better than the scousers with Modric, VDV and Bale world class players and a modicum of stability under Harry, we've regressed while the scousers have made big strides under Rodgers

alot of Tottenham fans have a hard time admitting that but you didn't happen to catch the match the other week did ya were we caught a pasting and the point got drilled home, did you get anything from that match?

it will take more than a season for Poch to turn us into genuine top 4 challengers again and you'd be deluded to think otherwise plus this whole bollocks about our strikers being one injury away from panic stations is shite, we've got three strikers and I'd be comfortable with either one starting for an extended period of time, you don't stock pile players incase of season ending injuries unless you're the chavs or man shity who incidently both have 3 first team strikers

this is boring the piss out of me now mate as I don't understand how you can't see what to me is obvious as fuck, we're not a top 4 team any more we have no genuinely world class players our goalie aside and are at the beginning of a new "project". Time and patience and all that shit is what's needed now not whining that we need another striker when the window is closed or going on about how we were better than liverpoo when we had 2 Real Madrid stalwarts.

Last edited:
you've got unrealistic expectations and your head has been fucked by mainstream media/ modern day fans the internet whatever

liverpoo are a much bigger club than us and they actually spend money on top of what they make from transfers plus they've backed their manager and pay far bigger wages

Levy missed the boat on really capitalizing when we were better than the scousers with Modric, VDV and Bale world class players and a modicum of stability under Harry, we've regressed while the scousers have made big strides under Rodgers

alot of Tottenham fans have a hard time admitting that but you didn't happen to catch the match the other week did ya were we caught a pasting and the point got drilled home, did you get anything from that match?

it will take more than a season for Poch to turn us into genuine top 4 challengers again and you'd be deluded to think otherwise plus this whole bollocks about our strikers being one injury away from panic stations is shite, we've got three strikers and I'd be comfortable with either one starting for an extended period of time, you don't stock pile players incase of season ending injuries unless you're the chavs or man shity who incidently both have 3 first team strikers

this is boring the piss out of me now mate as I don't understand how you can't see what to me is obvious as fuck, we're not a top 4 team any more we have no genuinely world class players and are at the beginning of a new "project". Time and patience and all that shit is what's needed now not whining that we need another striker when the window is closed or going on about how we were better than liverpoo when we had 2 Real Madrid stalwarts.

Superb

Sanchez, Giroud and Welbeck

Three strikers. One is average, one is shit.

Yet they are going for the PL and CL, and we need 4 strikers to get 4th....?

I think the thing you are missing is that top teams rarely play with two strikers, as the AM role has become far more aggressive, with 3 goal scoring mids behind the front man.

The overriding fact is with the advent of 4-5-1 like Madrid and the likes of Barca's way (1 or no strikers) there are literally a dirth of good strikers out there, I remember in premier league when 5 or 6 strikers used to have a shoot out for the golden boot and get loads, the attacking midfielder is the new black, getting 3 of them to get 10 is the way to go, the way Poch seems to be playing the game, nobody has put 1 or 2 real names who were available forward who would genuinely improve us, they are a dying breed if not swallowed by big clubs

Back
Top Bottom