Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Griezmann coming in is more important than getting Davies.
Danny will perform much better with a predominately left sided player than a wandering Sigg/Eriksen.
Also we can be assured that Poch will bring more structure/discipline to the back 4.

Agreed. Rose looked much worse last year due to lack of defensive help on that side of the field. Don't want to put Davies or whoever our new LB in the same situation. We are not going to Griezmann though but the LW needs to be sorted out.

Agreed. Rose looked much worse last year due to lack of defensive help on that side of the field. Don't want to put Davies or whoever our new LB in the same situation. We are not going to Griezmann though but the LW needs to be sorted out.

Absolutely agreed, every word. Damn good to have you back man.

I don't think Tevez liked playing in England, I don't see him coming back. He seems more comfortable in Italy, probably closer to Argentinian culture.
We've got enough Argentinians within our contingency to prove the Adam and Eve theory! He'd be fine.

Don't want Tevez, always seems to have some sort of controversy or problem following him around. Hardly one for the future either, would want mega bucks and for him to come I think Soldado would have to go, not saying I think Soldado has done much but I can't see Levy taking a hit on him going to bring in dog boy on £100,000 plus a week.

RE: Schneirdelin & Pirlo.

I would love to have both at the club, the latter more so than the former. The problem I can see is our bloated midfield, there are links for players to leave, but, I would not make a move for either without reducing our midfield.

A lot of roses failings were self inflicted. Hospital balls from deep, stepping on balls, not holding the offside trap, tapping it into touch due to poor control, daydreaming and spending too much time in the final third.

The players in front of him did him no favors, but the managers targeted him for a reason.

A lot of roses failings were self inflicted. Hospital balls from deep, stepping on balls, not holding the offside trap, tapping it into touch due to poor control, daydreaming and spending too much time in the final third.

The players in front of him did him no favors, but the managers targeted him for a reason.

Yep if we don't resolve our LB issue it means for the whole of next season opposition teams will just target our left side like they did last season. Keep hearing Spurs fans saying we don't want a big transfers window but I completley disagree our squad is unbalanced, we have to many midfielders and number 10's and to few defenders and goal scoring strikers. I don't see how we can resolve that without selling 4-5 players from our bloated team and buying players like Davies, Lovren, Remy, Bony to fix our obvious deficencies.

I expect quite a few comings and goings but this window but the alternative is sticking with misfiring strikers and poor defensive cover and as our sqaud stands it is not top 4.

Schniederlin, Schniederlin, Schniederlin.
I'm reading more and more Poch wants this guy.
So if Levy learned anything from the AVB days it was that AVB wanted Moutinho as his number one target - Daniel waited, waited trying to get best price and guess what for trying to save a couple of mill he put the whole season into EL rather than CL (most likely).
So Daniel stich this Schniederlin guy up then off load a couple of midfielders, yes you may drop another couple of mill - but this should be countered by chasing a higher league position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom