Pulis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just for the record, I don't think Pulis would play attacking football. I just think it would be interesting to see him given a punt at a bigger club (again, somewhere other than Spurs)/

As far away from Spurs as possible and Im happy to watch with interest!

The thing is, he had money to get the likes of Crouch, Woodgate, Palacios... He had money to get attacking players IMHO.

Again, Swansea and the like are hardly rolling in it are they? Just as Everton arent this season.

Send him to Manchester. My casual disdain for united would finally turn into active loathing.

Dunno how he'd handle so many foreign players, though.

If it's a choice between pulis, Sherwood and moyes id take pulis but I hope we can aim for pochettino or de boer.

If it's a choice between pulis, Sherwood and moyes id take pulis but I hope we can aim for pochettino or de boer.

If that were the choice Id take Sherwood.
He is the worst manager of the 3 but at least I know his heart is in the right place.
Id know with Pulis and Moyes exactly where we [werent] headed, with Sherwood there is at least the "what if" and "maybe" to console you.
And then of course when he inevitably fails and gets sacked there is every chance Pulis and Moyes wont be options!

Hand on heart how many thought Redknapp would get us playing like we did though.

I did.

When we signed Redknapp my immediate response was "WTF!?!" and then very quickly I realised I quite liked Pompeys style, the team was generally balanced and went out to try and win games. It wasnt long at all before I had high hopes...

I did.

When we signed Redknapp my immediate response was "WTF!?!" and then very quickly I realised I quite liked Pompeys style, the team was generally balanced and went out to try and win games. It wasnt long at all before I had high hopes...
Can't say I did, I thought he would stop the rot , but I didn't expect the team to play with that amount of style/pace/flair.

Can't say I did, I thought he would stop the rot , but I didn't expect the team to play with that amount of style/pace/flair.

"That amount of style/pace/flair" is, IMO, something of a red herring. It didnt happen anywhere near as frequently as people like to think.

He did, however, get the team balanced and pulling in the same direction with the intent to go and win games just as I expected.

no hint of prejudice in there then
Fair enough. Though I was ambivalent about him until I noticed a thread of xenophobia in his comments.

Looks like the (FOREIGN!!@!) Stoke board sniffed that in his actions, as well. Stoke's squad was 67% HG last season. The only clubs to finish higher than they w/ a similar proportion of HG players were West Ham and Norwich, two clubs that had recently plied their trade in the HG-heavy Champo. Maybe he'd still be at Stoke if he'd looked past Britain for players…

(In Pulis's favour, however, when looking for a correlation between league position and percentage of HG players, r is only .42. Some relationship, maybe, but not a confident one:
i4bXlMU.png

)

I am a big admirer of the fella's motivational and man management skills, seems to get his tactics right for the limited resources he has at his disposal.
My question is ; is he capable of moulding a team to play the Tottenham way ?
Not hipster enough for the hipsters. So that's a no.

And a hell no from me

Fair enough. Though I was ambivalent about him until I noticed a thread of xenophobia in his comments.

Looks like the (FOREIGN!!@!) Stoke board sniffed that in his actions, as well. Stoke's squad was 67% HG last season. The only clubs to finish higher than they w/ a similar proportion of HG players were West Ham and Norwich, two clubs that had recently plied their trade in the HG-heavy Champo. Maybe he'd still be at Stoke if he'd looked past Britain for players…

(In Pulis's favour, however, when looking for a correlation between league position and percentage of HG players, r is only .42. Some relationship, maybe, but not a confident one:
i4bXlMU.png

)
so you see a British manager at a British club, trying to encourage the club to be as British as possible to be a bad thing?

As a British person, and a British football fan, I see it as being a positive thing for British football.
I also think that all leagues should be forced to operate quotas, to protect their homegrown talent from being cuckolded by cheaper foreign imports. That statement would be true(r) if it wasn't someone with Pulis's footballing philosophy of course, but boring negativity worked for the Greeks (once)

However, British football has pretty much whored itself out to the rest of the world, so pragmatically - I don't see much chance of there being any regression.

I was just making a gentle jibe in the first place though, I wasn't trying to catch you out or score any points.

Crystal Palace is now Stoke version 2.0.
Well done to the south London lads for shoving a stake through the Scouser's black heart.

I doubt we could have pissed away a 3-0 lead late game, even on one of our 'off' days. :lennonlol:

Back
Top Bottom