Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea why, but I went absolutely mental when Bale scored the third against City last season at the Lane, after scoring 3 goals in 12 minutes and sealing the game was amazing
The possibility of the return of Champs league to the Lane and a small glimmer of hope of retaining Bale also got the better of me I think

Crouch's goal v Man City that secured Champions League. Warm spring evening in the One Tun in Farringdon. The place was so busy you had to buy beer and use the facilities in the Wetherspoons next door.

When Crouch scored it was just unbelievable scenes. Black outs, tears, beer everywhere, men falling over an unbelievable night.

Still Ricky Villa....

Oh and a special mention for this one...

His final goal at White Hart Lane,

and i'll just leave this here... (need to skip to 43:10) thought the tube was going to derail on the way back due to the jumping up and down

Yes that Glennda goal at Plough Lane was amazing, I remember grabbing some complete stranger on the terrace as I was jumping up and down and I ripped the sleeve off his leather jacket. Sorry mate, if you're reading this.

For me, it's Malbranque's goal against Woolwich. We didn't stop going until the very end and to cement getting to Wembley in such euphoric fashion with 5... 5! against Woolwich meant the absolute world to someone who's knowledge of North London Derbies had always been nothing other than loss. It felt like the dawning of a new era. 'This team is going places' I thought. 'We are going to Wembley and we are going to win'. Juande Ramos was going to be the next Bill Nicholson and the glory days had finally arrived.

Ahh, the delusions of grandeur.

No idea why, but I went absolutely mental when Bale scored the third against City last season at the Lane, after scoring 3 goals in 12 minutes and sealing the game was amazing
The possibility of the return of Champs league to the Lane and a small glimmer of hope of retaining Bale also got the better of me I think
This was my first thought as well when posed the question.

Ricky Villa's goal in the Cup Semi replay against Wolves at Highbury. Went dogshit crazy. I was 10. Me and my Dad got carried down at least 20 steps by the surge. Terrifying but thrilling at the same time. Never felt like that since or seen people go quite as mental, though when Bendtner's OG header went in in the Carling Cup Semi - right at the peak of an awesome slow version of "Oh when the Spurs", I felt a release at the Lane I've never heard before and you could literally feel the old ground shake to the core.

29-10-1983.
1-0 home win v Notts County.Steve Archibald.
Why?
First game at WHL. I bought a red bus rover, told porkies to my parents, and travelled from Croydon to WHL on the bus. I were 13 (nearly 14), and I got home very late. and got my arse kicked by my Dad. But when Archibald scored, i were stood in the east lower and I went apeshit.

another one I wont forget, not a spurs goal, was the goal scored by AFC Wimbledon v bromley. Their first ever goal. More amusingly, the guy that scored it was Glenn Mulcaire. who was the PI got jailed for hacking royal phone calls

Last edited:
There's been many i've gone mental at but the most mental was Paul Stalteri's 96th minute goal against Spam.. I went seriously mental. screaming like a little girl and jumping all over people i've never met..
The whole of the away end went crazy..
Kabouls winner against Scum was close as well.

Woodgate against Chelsea was mine, and was in J block for Danny Rose against Arse, I thought it was going to collapse

Then honestly Nayim from halfway line was one I went mental for and Terry slipping in the shootout against man united I celebrated just as much as many spurs goals

For me it has to be that amazing night at Upton Park in February 2013, and Gareth Bale's last minute screamer. This was the best match I have ever been to, and the away end was still going nuts well after the final whistle.

Would be nice to have a repeat of that in May, which I will hopefully be at as well, after making my ticket application today.

Last edited:
Between either Crouch's goal in the 1-0 vs A.C Milan at the San Siro in the Champions League first knockout stage or THAT Bale goal against West Ham in the 89th minute to win it 3-2, absolutely massive goal. Can't separate them personally.

For me it has to be that amazing night at Upton Park in February last year, and Gareth Bale's last minute screamer. This was the best match I have ever been to, and the away end was still going nuts well after the final whistle.

Would be nice to have a repeat of that in May, which I will hopefully be at as well, after making my ticket application today.
I cannot believe I missed that game, the amount of people writing that goal on this thread is saddening
Feels like I missed out on a part of Tottenham folklore

:walkercry:

Lennon in the 4-4 with Woolwich. Sent myself and my step-dad crazy and we were dancing round the front room.

Woodgate in the Carling Cup Final. Listened to it on the radio which I think made it even more special.

Back
Top Bottom