Ledley King

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower said:
It's just a list of players who have contract expiries - Scholes is on it and has now signed a new contract........none of those players have been released by their clubs
Well, I kinda got the impression they had all been technically released since the list purposely uses the word released instead of "contracts expired".

Of course, when a contract expires, they are indeed released until a new one is signed, even if they gap in between is a matter of hours. King's contract is over. He has yet to sign a new one. Therefore he is not currently contracted to Spurs in any form and is thus released from any contractual obligations!

I think the confusion comes in that some people think the word "released" means let go. It doesn't. It just means that, for whatever reason, the player is not longer contracted to the club.

Cripps14 said:
I get the impression the club has offered him a couple options. I imagine a pay as you play contract is one of them and either a coaching or ambassadorial role for the club is the other. Either way he'll be serving this fine club.

If he does choose to retire I'd like to see him bow out in a pre-season friendly at the Lane rather than a Premier League game.
Pre-season friendly? Bollocks to that. The man deserves to bow out in style. Pay as you play until Christmas then a pukka testimonial.

Who would his testimonial be against?

Millwall is the only other club he is sort of associated with.

So would it be a Tottenham / England / Premier League XI?

was on the BBC website and found this:

Former Tottenham skipper Ledley King, now an ambassador at White Hart Lane, reveals ex-Spurs boss Harry Redknapp tried to tempt him out of retirement to play for QPR last season.

"He didn't manage to get hold of me," King says. "I wouldn't have done it though. I played at Tottenham my whole life and it would have been a bit silly to try and come back knowing I can't do what I want, play the way I like to play. I have barely kicked a ball since I retired. And I also have got such a great affiliation with Tottenham, so I would like to leave it there."

Here at Soccer AM we all have our perceptions who's the coolest, who has the best taste in music and who's the funniest in the dressing room.

But what about the boys from the White Hart Lane? Check out Ledley's thoughts from his time at Tottenham.

So read below for King's lowdown on the most skilful and funniest and much, much more..........

Biggest hard man: Sandro - Spurs are not known for our hard men but he's pretty tough - anyone who's seen him on youtube will know he's a tough kid.

Most Skilful: Edgar Davids was one for tricks - people will have seen him before in the adverts but he likes that kind of football, playing in small spaces.

Best dancer: Adebayor or Bassong. The Africans like to dance!

Worst dancer: Crouchie! Although he could fall into the category of best and worst dancing depending on how you look at it!

Best nickname: Jonathan Woodgate used to call David Bentley the horse - something to do with his nice new teeth!

Most intelligent: Not sure how intelligent he is but Brad Friedel can talk! He's the kind guy you go to if you want a bit of knowledge. He's been around for along time - a lot longer than the rest of us!

Least intelligent: There's a few of them - I'll go for David Bentley.

And who's the Longest in the Shower:

Hes not got the biggest body but it's Aaron Lennon.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-...on-his-old-tottenham-team-mates-for-soccer-am

during the haltime break against everton they had a compilation of the fastest goals in prem history...
just in case you didnt know ledley holds the record!!....10 seconds!

Brilliant! ...spoken like a true Brit!!!

If that phrase/sentiment doesn't do wonders for proving you don't judge someone SOLELY on skin colour alone, then nothing will!

Back
Top Bottom