Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They'd have got relegated playing any type of football. May as well have had a bash. Worked for Blackpool LOL

This....

Might as well run with what brought you to the dance...... They'd have needed a complete squad overhaul otherwise.

I think people forget how small Burnley are..... Being a yo-yo club playing good football isn't a bad life for them...... Certainly more desirable than fighting for 17th every year with Brexit-ball.

United have won just 1 game in 90 minutes in their last 9... And that was to the team rock bottom of the league with 16 points....

skysports-erik-ten-hag-manchester-united_6171664.jpg

merlin_159996099_003bebfa-2f7b-4f93-b166-740f3cdada8a-superJumbo.jpg

F7SVVN0XUAARram.jpg

Juve and Ac Milan next, it's incredible how Juve have completely fallen apart this season.

I'm not even entirely sure they get top 4 now.

True, but I’m expecting the FFP stuff to conveniently evaporate. If they don’t deal with City and Chavs, they’ll let others at it.

They'll flex a little longer until it's time to drop the bomb on that pair.... Then the rules will be changed "for the good of everyone".

I noticed Watkins long before this season.
BS! Or did you mean 'noticing' him historically underperforming a stat you wank over...show me positive things you've said about him previously. However, he perfectly fits the criteria of the type of striker I consistently talk about.

Diaz is 1 goal behind xG, Darwin 8. And Diaz can't kick a football properly.
goals/shot or clinical efficiency was the measure and not performance relative to xG...

No the rest of my argument is based on the facts (Nunez is a god-awful finisher who his coach has dropped for this reason) whereas you're basing it on emotion because you like him. Watkins at his worst was a 2-3 goals behind xG striker. That would be Nunez having a good season in front of goal.
Teams don't setup to limit Watkins influence on the game (though they should start thinking about it). But even the likes of Pep has altered his approach to limit Darwin's. It's not just about goals, Deuterz!

Nunez is a dangerous footballer outside of his ability to put the ball in the net. This is a very important trait for the player closest to the opposition goal.
Exactly. Thanks for agreeing with me!

Back
Top Bottom