Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on man, we were 8th last season. We have a new manager, half a new team.

I think a lot of us feared a mid-table position this season, and maybe a couple of seasons ahead.
Expectations change as season goes. Remember people were saying we're title contenders early this season. Now it's top 4 and we are still in a good position to get it.

From BBC:

I'm pretty sure that was said about both Fulham, Brighton and Everton when we played them... What is it about us that simply brings out the best in everyone else??

We have a squad full of absolute shirkers with shit mentalities who fold when the going is tough. Easy to bully.

The fact our fanbase are enthusiastic about permanently signing Timo fucking Werner because he has put a few good balls in epitomises this mentality. A few good performances against Forest and Luton and our fans think a player is awesome. Half a good season and they're a world beater.

Right, I'm off to punch a horse

mads mikkelsen hannibal GIF

I think what’s so frustrating to watch is that we have eons of possession and pass the ball around the box. We make no attempt on goal and can barely generate half a chance. Then they come down and just slice us open so easily.

I wish I could say it’s the defence or attack that’s the issue…but it’s the entire thing.

Back
Top Bottom