Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They've got by far the best defensive record in the league and he's been their stand-out defender. Had an iffy game for sure but he's extremely good.

He's definitely not better than VVD. He is about the same level as Romero.

That’s probably pretty balanced

I think he has a lot more protection from their system. If you asked our CBs to step in for him it would be easier for them,

I think Saliba gets cooked if he’s asked to do what our CBs are asked to to. Romero would have to be in the worst form of his life to have a game that bad in duels.

Also still think Romero is the best defender at our club and a better passer than Saliba or VDV

That’s probably pretty balanced

I think he has a lot more protection from their system. If you asked our CBs to step in for him it would be easier for them,

I think Saliba gets cooked if he’s asked to do what our CBs are asked to to. Romero would have to be in the worst form of his life to have a game that bad in duels.

Also still think Romero is the best defender at our club and a better passer than Saliba or VDV

Saliba is very comfortable on the ball and very athletic. He's a top centre back. What they have (like us) is a really balanced partnership who play together nearly every week. Most teams don't have that and it is more important than any one individual defender. One of the things I admire most about VVD is he can play pretty much next to any CB and they always end up looking good, he's elite .. comfortably the best in the world.

Romero has other weaknesses but been ridiculously impressed with him post-Chelsea. I wouldn't swap him for Saliba and their fans wouldn't swap for Romero, that's how it goes.

Here's a more accurate description of what the ref meant:

n2zKLAh.png

Are there still people on here that think he’s better than Romero or VDV?
Saliba transformed their defence from banter to what it is now.

Ive posted in the Ange forum about the need to get our goals conceded down to less than a goal a game, at worst an average of a goal a game over the course of a season if we are to push the top end of the table.

We havent had sense of defensive stability since Romero joined. HIs best year was his first. If we go another season conceding more than 50 goals in the league, im giving up on Romero

Ive posted in the Ange forum about the need to get our goals conceded down to less than a goal a game, at worst an average of a goal a game over the course of a season if we are to push the top end of the table.

We havent had sense of defensive stability since Romero joined. HIs best year was his first. If we go another season conceding more than 50 goals in the league, im giving up on Romero

You don't think the goals conceded this year are related to the system and injuries/suspensions we have had at the back? You don't remember playing games with 4 FBs?

Romero is a genuinely world class CB mate

You don't think the goals conceded this year are related to the system and injuries/suspensions we have had at the back? You don't remember playing games with 4 FBs?

Romero is a genuinely world class CB mate
Then where is the shortfall. Why is we have conceded so many goals relative to the front three. How many injuries. How can 21 goals be explained.

My biggest fear, is we will continue to make excuses.

Then where is the shortfall. Why is we have conceded so many goals relative to the front three. How many injuries. How can 21 goals be explained.

My biggest fear, is we will continue to make excuses.

9 of the goals we conceded were when we played a centre back pairing of Emerson and Davies.... Across THREE games.

We've conceded about 10 goals from open play alone with Romero and van de Ven partnering one another.

Last edited:

What a ridiculous comment lol

Yes, it's that world cup winner Romero's fault........

:nunothumb:

This ref, Glenn Nyberg, and the VAR team, should be banned from reffing for several seasons and they should be investigated for corruption just for UEFA to set an example that bending the rules is NOT accepted. But I doubt UEFA will do anything - because they themselves are corrupt.
No-one can bend the rules just because it's a CL quarter-final.

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/gabri...pions-league-game-too-big/blt25ef212b904596f6

Back
Top Bottom