Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is right footed, where we have Dragusin to cover Romero. A left footed player makes more sense, but a better option than Tosin would be to just let Ben Davies run out his contract and make a move next summer when we know better what we have with Phillips and Dorrington.

His contract expires in 3 months, it's defiantly true :levystare:

So he's more of a Maddison competitor if we did sign him?

Not sure he plays as deep as Maddison does in this system.

Think he'd probably end up being converted into a striker, but someone who's comfortable providing for others

But also someone capable of playing wide.

Interesting profile to say the least

He has played wide but he's spent this season playing off the striker. Scored a hattrick yesterday for Iceland.

View: https://twitter.com/RSharmzz/status/1771109780469264757?t=YgLtiM66Zk-N07xZjztArg&s=19

Plays for Dragusins old team.

I have been watching a bit of the international highlights this morning and it’s really hard to gauge a player’s ability in it because the standard is so shit. Even in Portugal v Sweden the swedes look awful being cut open time and again the same way.

Saying that, if he is the regen of Andrei Sigporsson from CM3 then I’m on board!

Please. He only has more output because Grealish has been given the mandate of being a safe player in possession under Pep.

Grealish lost possession 29 times last season in the league. In an entire season. Kulusevski has already lost it 48 times.

Grealish also draws a lot more fouls.

Surely nobody is saying kulusevski is better than Grealish? He isn’t. Grealish is a great player turned into a guardiola system robot. He is really a 10 like Maddison. That’s his natural position. Not that we’ll sign him but we should have 6 years ago.

I have been watching a bit of the international highlights this morning and it’s really hard to gauge a player’s ability in it because the standard is so shit. Even in Portugal v Sweden the swedes look awful being cut open time and again the same way.

Saying that, if he is the regen of Andrei Sigporsson from CM3 then I’m on board!

Yeah, don't like judging players on international performances either.

Stats seem to be holding up for Genoa though. Djed Spence is there now, so may look to watch a few of their games from here on out to see what he's like

What was the reason for letting go of Cole Palmer? 😆
First of all, I said often (which does not mean "always") :cool:
Anyway, Palmer had Silva and Foden in front of him at the time of being old (and Man City now have Savio as well). And Cole Palmer wanted/demanded more guaranteed playing time.
And Man City needed some income because of FFP.

Often when Pep let's player go it because of some (very) "good" reasons...

When Manchester City are suddenly really concerned about FFP…….

faint-shocked.gif

29 years old this year... 300k a week... 😂😂😂

Fuck knows who's dumb enough to buy Grealish. But it won't be us. Unless he really has decided he's got nothing else to win and just takes a huge pay cut somewhere just to get games.

29 years old this year... 300k a week... 😂😂😂

Fuck knows who's dumb enough to buy Grealish. But it won't be us. Unless he really has decided he's got nothing else to win and just takes a huge pay cut somewhere just to get games.
I didn't mind Gareth's year with us.
Ain't gonna happen but I would absolutely love seeing Jack play for Sours.

I didn't mind Gareth's year with us.
Ain't gonna happen but I would absolutely love seeing Jack play for Sours.

Underrated spell, imv. Ruined by the fact we couldn't have sell out crowds for his games and Jose Mourinho was in charge.

I don't think we'll be signing any player close to 29 years old under Ange tbh

Can play #6 or #8. When I watched him, he looked like an Ange CM to me.

KDH was promising at the start of 2022, got end product and runs a bit, but it would be kind of concerning to have two midfielders from a relegated team.

Please. He only has more output because Grealish has been given the mandate of being a safe player in possession under Pep.

Grealish lost possession 29 times last season in the league. In an entire season. Kulusevski has already lost it 48 times.

Grealish also draws a lot more fouls.

the fouls thing is irrelevant - Grealish plays for them Kulu chooses to stay on his feet

the fouls thing is irrelevant - Grealish plays for them Kulu chooses to stay on his feet

Erm no it isn't because it's a key part of his remit at City as Pep wants to slow the game down. Players who are harder to get the ball off also get fouled more (e.g Hazard) because they're better dribblers. Grealish is a better dribbler than Kulusevski.

Erm no it isn't because it's a key part of his remit at City as Pep wants to slow the game down. Players who are harder to get the ball off also get fouled more (e.g Hazard) because they're better dribblers. Grealish is a better dribbler than Kulusevski.
I'm not sure either are really the apex player for Ange wideforward. We need to move very carefully with how we refine this team. I hope to goodness Paratici is on this.

Back
Top Bottom