Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's content to be a rotational player, sure. Otherwise any good fee for him in the summer I will surely consider. Definitely not on my list of starters anymore now. He can't complain. Expectation and throughout don't measure up.

We’re certainly not seeing the Bissouma from Brighton for some reason.

I could be way off but I do wonder if some players take their foot off the gas when they get a big move thinking they’ve ‘arrived’?

Whatever his issue I think it’s mentality rather than ability.

His opposite no6 today shows you the level we need to progress this team.

Wonder what bus-conductor bus-conductor is gonna say about his performance, probably some mental gymnastics on how he was just unlucky today or something.

I don’t think he’s a number 6. More of an 8 but then he doesn’t really fit there either. He’s no DM if that’s what we expect of him.

Useful as a squad player, but we have plenty of those.

I don’t think he’s a number 6. More of an 8 but then he doesn’t really fit there either. He’s no DM if that’s what we expect of him.

Useful as a squad player, but we have a plenty of those.

Was thinking the same, think he may work better as a squad/rotation option in a 8 role . This season has given me good insight as to why conte didn't fancy him much. In his ultra defensive team, bissouma wouldn't really work,

We’re certainly not seeing the Bissouma from Brighton for some reason.

I could be way off but I do wonder if some players take their foot off the gas when they get a big move thinking they’ve ‘arrived’?

Whatever his issue I think it’s mentality rather than ability.

It’s definitely mentality. I’ve said it before, at Brighton you can lose games and it doesn’t matter. It’s Brighton. At those clubs the pressure to perform consistently has to come from within yourself.

Here there is a different pressure and he doesn’t look up to it. Back in the early Klopp era players like Van Dijk and Mane stepped up to Liverpool from Southampton seamlessly because they had a top mentality. Ditto Toby and Wanyama to us (before his knee exploded). Bissouma isn’t cut from the same cloth.

Just compare Paulinha tonight with Bissouma. One was determined to win, one wasn’t. You have to be ready to die for the result and I just don’t get that feeling from Bissouma. For every strong tackle there is a brain dead pass/touch or a failure to pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom