Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pedrito’s fit!

soccer-cheer.gif

One q is then Sarr or Benta and Kulu or BJ

VIC

PORRO ROMERO VDV UDOGIE

SARR/BENTA BISS

MADDISON

KULU/BJ SON WERNER

Porro playing would be excellent. Would be our strongest back five back again.

Conceded just 7 goals from open play this season when they've completed 90 minutes together.

I’d keep Johnson on the bench for this and use him when the game gets stretched and players are getting tired.
Yeah, if they're going to be vulnerable to pace then I'd rather hold one of our speedsters back so that we can maintain that threat over a full 90 minutes.

Shoving all 3 into the starting line up is a surefire way to make us too one dimensional, and having 2 out of the 3 on at any one time should still be plenty to exploit their weakness.

I really do hope he starts. To be honest I like all our centre midfielders. Biss,madders,Lolo,Sarr and even Hojbjerg and Lo Celso offer decent back up.
If Sarr is fit enough I think he should start but reading Ange’s comments I think he’ll start with Bentancur.

I actually wonder if he may try Kulusevski in the middle alongside Maddison for this one.

Johnson on the right.

Kulusevski gave them a torrid time in the home fixture. And we looked alot better against Palace when that change was made.

It depends on the game state of course, but BJ coming in at around 60’ has been very effective. Which means Kulu on the right to start and Bentancur/Maddison/Bissouma in the middle. Unless Sarr is truly fit to start, then maybe him over Benta.

I’d keep BJ as impact sub. The role is perfect for him at the moment.

Kulu can at least hold the ball up and allow others to get up the pitch when we’re under pressure. Which we will be at times on Sunday.

His longer passing from deep is a must against a high line with Werner and Sonny’s pace. It’s a weapon we don’t use enough. Him being back takes our attacking options up to another level because royal can’t kick the ball more than 10 yards.
Indeed. I really don't want to hate on Royal, and he seems like a good guy, but our play was so stilted with him filling in for Porro.

I thought I'd be slightly more nervous the closer we get to game time but I'm actually feeling somewhat optimistic that we will get at least something from the game. Just seeing how Luton caused them all sorts of issues with their pace and energy in that second half, but ultimately with far less quality, I can honestly see us scoring a few goals. Albeit I can also see Villa scoring too with the form Watkins and Bailey are in.

I'm struggling to give a shit about this game and our Race for Top 4, anyone else feel the same?

We get 4th, big whoopy do. End up in the Europa, meh as it's not as if we would actually try and win it.

Anyhoo, 2-2 imo.

I'm struggling to give a shit about this game and our Race for Top 4, anyone else feel the same?

We get 4th, big whoopy do. End up in the Europa, meh as it's not as if we would actually try and win it.

Anyhoo, 2-2 imo.

Fear not... You still have the Chavs FA Cup run to get behind.

Anyhoo, 2-2 imo.

Until you embrace the “top 4s our everything motto” your life is going to be an empty place.

But if as a spurs fan some of your best nights weren’t during the early months of 2019 I don’t know if you will ever be fully satisfied as a football fan.

This shirt will be in my heart till the day I die.
Incredible memories of it tbh. Gave me hope when I had none.

tot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom