Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember when everyone said they’d be happy with 7/8th this season so long as they could see improvement in the playing style?

We are ahead of schedule in what we’re doing, some iffy performances whilst we’ve had a horrendous injury list and an injury time goal at Goodison doesnt change that.

The likes of destiny, vdv are young players playing in their first PL season. They’re going to be inconsistent - you can see the lack of experience in destiny especially.

We won’t be seeing the likes of hojberg, Skipp and Gil in the team next season. We are still way off the squads of the top sides. Think of the amount of change we have been through since the summer.

We started the season on fire and expectations went through the roof! The PL is tough and going to places like Everton are not easy. We were 3 minutes from grinding out a great win on the road.

Have some perspective and some patience with what we’re doing.

Definitely. But I tipped us for fifth at the start of the season. The squad is good enough to get that and anything else is a bonus. But now I want us to aim higher because I didnt think we'd be as good as we have been.

Stats are stats - no matter what or how you feel

==
Tottenham have now conceded EIGHT goals after the 90 minute mark in the Premier League this season.

That tally is more than any other side in the league this term and the most they have ever conceded in a the EPL campaign.

Only yesterday and wolves caused us to drop points though. But that doesnt fit into the narrative around us being a soft touch does it?

Just like all the noise around Vicario. Same thing happened to Alisson but you dont see him being singled out.

Wonder how much of it is fitness, are we not fit enough to play the intensity required for the full game?
Of course we’re not. Just because Madders, Sarr, Romero and VDV are back doesn’t mean they are up to speed yet. Sarr recently played 120 minutes in Afcon too. Bentancur doesn’t look up to pace yet either but he had a year out. Deki and Johnson look knackered and even Richi looked done last 15 yesterday. A fully recovered Bissouma massively helps out the defence but that’s a few games off too

We need more players that aren’t going to be sodding off to Afcon and the Asian cup. Man City have none and are flying now. Forest have 6 and dropping like a stone

First time for a while we've had a bench with maybe 5 players on where subbing them on doesn't show a drop off in quality from first team. And maybe that's the reason we used 5 subs.

But I'm not sure using 5 subs today helped us - just seemed to disrupt us and invite pressure onto ourselves.

But I understand using a couple of subs especially with neither Maddison nor Bentancur looking back to full fitness post injury.

Maybe something for Ange to think about for remaining matches
Totally agree about the 5 subs thing. I was thinking at the time Everton want a scrappy game not free flowing and by making all those subs we gave it to them

…. And you’re happy? That is the problem there and then! Your happy we showed no fight bcos we got a point.

Happy? Don't be silly but it's about perspective. I'm difficult to please and frustrated at the result.

The manager and players need to be disappointed, and to want to change the tone of expected disappointment, on such occasioms.

We didn't lose. Too often in the past we would have done.

You don’t think this group is strong mentally to still be where they are after the bullshit they have gone through this season with injuries and suspensions?

There’s no chance in your mind that this is a new team going through very normal growing pains with a fair few young players in the squad?
You're becoming quite the master at twisting people's words, almost as if you're trying to stir something up...missing cunt offs that bad?🤣

Also feels that, as usual, we aren't allowed to criticise...or, in this case, make suggestions as to why the team is conceding more goals than any other PL side.

The team has shown great character on plenty an occasion, yes...doesn't mean they can't also fail mentally with some other, different situations like conceding late goals.

And please, don't patronise me with that last paragraph. I wasn't born yesterday and I'm not some idiot who can't see the bigger picture.

Anyway, whatever the reason/s behind the issue, we must sort it out asap cause it's costing us big points.

COYS

Yes but it was only a few more minutes. Surely MADDs could have seen the game out? Could have told him not to track back and just hold the ball up. He could have played where kulu played who was shite and has been for weeks!

Kulu came on earlier..... Thus this makes no sense.

Puzzled by what exactly?

Youre seriously wondering why a player who's 20 years old and never played a minute of men's football doesn't make our bench consistently? 😂

And FYI, Santiago wasn't on the bench against Brentford.
My error about Santiago but the point is the same, why use a player we don’t want instead of giving one of our highly rated youngsters a go?

Dont know if this been pointed out but anyone else think our set piece defending been brutal since mason took over that area of coaching

Jedinak’s in charge of defending set pieces according to Alasdair Gold’s article this morning.

Ryan Mason is the attacking coach, so I think he’s in charge of winning set pieces at the other end

Back
Top Bottom