Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean it’s hilarious .. except I’ll bet literally any amount of money with BC or you that Rice will start every single week in the league when fit regardless of Onana joins or not.

But no .. their current player of the season will be dropped because the teams had a few bad games.

At 100m Arteta would look fucking stupid if he didn’t start him. But will he start in the remit he was bought for? Because most weeks he isn’t and, as I said to you months ago, they are now bringing in someone who can play the 6.

If Havertz had worked out the way Arteta wanted him to, as a L8, I would take your bet, because sooner or later Arteta would have been faced with a dilemma.

As I said to you a while ago, Rice is a decent footballer, but massively over hyped and over rated, lacks the discipline/rigour to be a great 6, lacks the talent/vision to be a great 8.

Never got exposed in Moyes’ bus park like he will in a proactive side. In one of the threads yesterday, one of the football media bods did a YouTube piece on him. Have a watch.

At 100m Arteta would look fucking stupid if he didn’t start him. But will he start in the remit he was bought for? Because most weeks he isn’t and, as I said to you months ago, they are now bringing in someone who can play the 6.

If Havertz had worked out the way Arteta wanted him to, as a L8, I would take your bet, because sooner or later Arteta would have been faced with a dilemma.

As I said to you a while ago, Rice is a decent footballer, but massively over hyped and over rated, lacks the discipline/rigour to be a great 6, lacks the talent/vision to be a great 8.

Never got exposed in Moyes’ bus park like he will in a proactive side. In one of the threads yesterday, one of the football media bods did a YouTube piece on him. Have a watch.

He won’t drop him because Rice has been excellent for 90% of the season. Prior to a recent run of bad games he was their runaway player of the season having been their Motm vs Liverpool and City.

As a team they’re struggling. Odegaard hasn’t rocked up, Havertz is shit, the forward line are struggling. So of course the 100m signing who everyone has been waiting to get at is the one getting a bit of stick. Nobody’s had a chance for the rest of the season as he has been imperious - before this run there was 10/11 games where he was legit their MOTM contender every single game.

He will be fine, they need more around him but there isn’t a player around who does better defensive work. He is pretty much a brick wall from a defensive viewpoint.

Woolwich have been shit this season. Terrible. Martinelli/Saka/Odegaard especially all well below par. Rice is actually the sole reason they’re even top four this season and their only midfielder who has been doing shit all week in week out. Him and Saliba anyway, those two are the ones having a good season.

He won’t drop him because Rice has been excellent for 90% of the season. Prior to a recent run of bad games he was their runaway player of the season having been their Motm vs Liverpool and City.

As a team they’re struggling. Odegaard hasn’t rocked up, Havertz is shit, the forward line are struggling. So of course the 100m signing who everyone has been waiting to get at is the one getting a bit of stick. Nobody’s had a chance for the rest of the season as he has been imperious - before this run there was 10/11 games where he was legit their MOTM contender every single game.

He will be fine, they need more around him but there isn’t a player around who does better defensive work. He is pretty much a brick wall from a defensive viewpoint.

Woolwich have been shit this season. Terrible. Martinelli/Saka/Odegaard especially all well below par. Rice is actually the sole reason they’re even top four this season and their only midfielder who has been doing shit all week in week out. Him and Saliba anyway, those two are the ones having a good season.

“Imperious”

Im Not Sure Season 11 GIF by One Chicago

“Imperious”

Yeah. Like I said, he was their player of the season. It wasn’t close. He was in every single pundits team of the year (he’s still in carragher and Neville’s btw) due to his stand-out performances.

I’m not going for the revisionism stuff. He’s been poor last handful of games for sure, although was their best player in the loss at Anfield. But before that he was excellent, when you looked up post match player ratings it was ‘it’s almost getting boring saying how good he is again’ from journalists.

Yeah. Like I said, he was their player of the season. It wasn’t close. He was in every single pundits team of the year (he’s still in carragher and Neville’s btw) due to his stand-out performances.

I’m not going for the revisionism stuff. He’s been poor last handful of games for sure, although was their best player in the loss at Anfield. But before that he was excellent, when you looked up post match player ratings it was ‘it’s almost getting boring saying how good he is again’ from journalists.

Still

Back
Top Bottom