Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He reminds me greatly of Robbie Keane, hear me out! He (Keane) was notorious for being outstanding off the cuff, but would fluff loads when he had time to think.

See exactly the same in Richie, the world class goal at the World Cup, just instinct, yet pulls and screws up numerous easier finishes when he has a moment to think about it. The goals this season have all been “In the moment”.

Think a good psychologist could really help him in this dynamic.
Robbie keane in his pomp was 10x the player Richarlison will ever be

Only watched about 30 secs so far, but it's like he's implying Richy had just arrived in the UK for the first time from abroad and needed help with the culture shock. I mean, I get it, being around scousers 24/7 to then coming to London is a pretty similar culture shock, but yeah....anyway....
Gomes was talking about when Richarlison joined Watford from Fluminese (in Brazil) back in 2017. So, yes, Richarlison did come straight from Brasil to the UK for the first time.
And that time Gomes was also playing for Brazil.

Oh, RIchieRichieRichie...

I really had the hopes up for you, but I think it is fair to say that "good old Richie" is back.
Wasteful and ineffective, though working his ass off and trying his best.

5 goals in 5 matches - *crickets*

Poor game vs Burnley - “this guys is never going to be good enough”
His first bad game in a month and the knives are out for him. You aren't going to find a striker at the level of Kane and Son.

If he gets service,he will score.

These 2 posts are such bullshit...

Right not it seems that this very good run of 3 games 4 goals was a blimp, not the rule (very much hope he himself proves this statement to be totally wrong as soon as possible though)-
Cause you know what? Since then he has also started 3 games, in which he could have scored like 9 goals, should have (meaning no striker converts 100% of very good chances) scored minimal 4 but did actually score ... 1.

It is totally fucking absurd to even for second complain about service, when he has been put 1-on-1 with goalkeeper number of times, but he has fucked them all up. What more can you ask for as a service?

Also when he went on the good run, MANY were praising him (including me - number of times I even pointed out he could have won EPL player of the month) - so that was okay? But now, after exactly same long series of poor games people come out and are critical, then it is "knives out" ? what a bullshit.

Goals change games and we need much better conversion ratio from our ST if we want to go higher. Brighton game was good example - he was put on 1-on-1, he couldnt time his run and goal was taken for offside and Brighton scored in their very next attack. It was difference between 3-1 or 4-0 then... WE.NEED. BETTER.

Oh, RIchieRichieRichie...

I really had the hopes up for you, but I think it is fair to say that "good old Richie" is back.
Wasteful and ineffective, though working his ass off and trying his best.

These 2 posts are such bullshit...

Right not it seems that this very good run of 3 games 4 goals was a blimp, not the rule (very much hope he himself proves this statement to be totally wrong as soon as possible though)-
Cause you know what? Since then he has also started 3 games, in which he could have scored like 9 goals, should have (meaning no striker converts 100% of very good chances) scored minimal 4 but did actually score ... 1.

It is totally fucking absurd to even for second complain about service, when he has been put 1-on-1 with goalkeeper number of times, but he has fucked them all up. What more can you ask for as a service?

Also when he went on the good run, MANY were praising him (including me - number of times I even pointed out he could have won EPL player of the month) - so that was okay? But now, after exactly same long series of poor games people come out and are critical, then it is "knives out" ? what a bullshit.

Goals change games and we need much better conversion ratio from our ST if we want to go higher. Brighton game was good example - he was put on 1-on-1, he couldnt time his run and goal was taken for offside and Brighton scored in their very next attack. It was difference between 3-1 or 4-0 then... WE.NEED. BETTER.
His goals this season match his xG btw.

5 goals in 5 matches - *crickets*

Poor game vs Burnley - “this guys is never going to be good enough”
He is very inconsistent despite his obvious improvement. Like most things it isn't black and white - he hasn't been a total disaster but he isn't what you would expect for £60 million either (the price tag really doesn't help here).

He is very inconsistent despite his obvious improvement. Like most things it isn't black and white - he hasn't been a total disaster but he isn't what you would expect for £60 million either (the price tag really doesn't help here).
I actually think he's doing alright this season for his price tag.

I took a look at the strikers valuated in the 60m range according to transfermarkt , and its Watkins,Nunez,Vlahovic,Ferguson and Hojlund.

Out of all of them Watkins is the only one clearly above Richarlison this season. Top goalscorers are hard to find and are very expensive. Look how much Osimhen and Toney are reported to be going for.

Back
Top Bottom