Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only done one of these, it ended up draw as I remember it, which wouldn't be a bad result against the petro-doped Gulf-pumped serial cheats.
So I'm two for two on the draw front, still unbeaten.

I see myself as something of a Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - yes there are more creative match thread starters, I'm more than happy for them to take the plaudits, but I'm there on the bench, ready to come on when a difficult result needs to be ground out.

Like PEH, I won't let you down, I'll give it my all.

0_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Leeds-United-Premier-League.jpg

For City's 2nd, we had enough players back defending (9) and it should have been easy to deal with.

Lo Celso was tracking Alvarez. However, for some reason he left him and chose to run towards Doku - an area where we already had 4 of ours vs 2 of them. Bissouma was ball watching and completely unaware that Alvarez had slipped in behind.

- Why didn't Davies give Bissouma the shout to cover the run?
- Why on earth did Lo Celso leave his man and run to a space where we already had 4 players?
- Why was Bissouma ball watching? Royal actually had to run past him to try and block the move.
Probably because they are the best footballing team in the world.

He was about midway in our half, with Son starting his run about 5 yards inside our half as well. The ball's first bounce is maybe 5 yards into their half.

By your metric, KDB is the biggest long ball hoof merchant in the game.
I tell you what, why don't you just ignore what I said, interpret in in any way you like, and then criticise me for your version

It’s diversion away from them failing to score enough goals and win the game. Standard nonsense and only worth ignoring.

Agree on diversion but more from their defending than attackers.

Their fans are starting to get jittery about Gvardiol. They call him Josko Barbiedoll.

But we caused all of their defenders issues. If Gil was sharper and played Son in with a very simple pass, we would have had 2 very high-quality chances in the first half and we got in down their left several times in the first half even when they were dominant.

we could have won it... playing tiki tikki from the back killed us.
we conceded 2 goals from playing-around in our own box.
they say ange is a gambler -BUT what do you gain from playing like this in your own box?
we could have been down 3-1 by half time if not for good luck

You gain a massive numbers advantage every time you pass the ball through an opponent's press.

it's basically creating a counter-attack situation every time you can do it. Counter-attacks are the highest percentage scoring chances, especially when you play with Pace like Son and Johnson up front.

Plus we get the benefit of building a belief that we can play our way and dominate the ball against anyone.

Back
Top Bottom