Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lmao it is, didn't spot it until you said but now it's so clear
Me too! It is so obvious now it’s been pointed out. Haha and we’re all making out he’s running away from his teammate! 🫣😂

That just shows what the vice captaincy has done for Cuti as last season he’d have probably been getting stuck in helping Emerson chin the guy!

Me too! It is so obvious now it’s been pointed out. Haha and we’re all making out he’s running away from his teammate! 🫣😂

That just shows what the vice captaincy has done for Cuti as last season he’d have probably been getting stuck in helping Emerson chin the guy!
There's a clip somewhere of Son pulling back Bissouma when he tried to argue with the ref and then gesturing for the whole team to calm down and focus.

The leadership from the 3 captains, especially Son and Romero is a breath of fresh air compared to the mute leadership of Kane and Lloris (at least on the pitch), and the impotent finger pointing of Dier.

Absolute monster. Saying he's the best CB in the world is not hyperbole. How many are better than him?

View: https://twitter.com/NelleMUFC/status/1700812320635544059

is he the best in the world? i dont know. but i know i wouldnt swap him for anyone else. if there is anyone better than him surely it would be obvious because they would be some fucking CB.

i loved toby, jan and king but i think romero might trump the lot to be honest. love that hes a violent brute, for me a CB is meant to have a bit of that nastiness to them. youd love looking behind you to see romero wearing the same shirt in big games thats for sure, you aint going to get bullied off the park.

There's a clip somewhere of Son pulling back Bissouma when he tried to argue with the ref and then gesturing for the whole team to calm down and focus.

The leadership from the 3 captains, especially Son and Romero is a breath of fresh air compared to the mute leadership of Kane and Lloris (at least on the pitch), and the impotent finger pointing of Dier.

It's glaring isn't it?

It used to really annoy me how we would rarely rally or get behind each other on the pitch or even get in the refs face after a bad decision, just accepted the shit decisions from refs and the bullying from other teams.

I'm telling you man, Kane leaving and Ange essentially breaking up this leadership group was probably the best thing for this bunch of players, gave them an air of responsibility and purpose, that leadership group was pretty farcical truth be told.

is he the best in the world? i dont know. but i know i wouldnt swap him for anyone else. if there is anyone better than him surely it would be obvious because they would be some fucking CB.

i loved toby, jan and king but i think romero might trump the lot to be honest. love that hes a violent brute, for me a CB is meant to have a bit of that nastiness to them. youd love looking behind you to see romero wearing the same shirt in big games thats for sure, you aint going to get bullied off the park.
King will take some beating , Cuti is quality but he isn’t at King levels yet

This guy gonna be a cult (and cunt) hero for us. Loving him this season.

But by god is he one violent motherfucker. I would HATE playing against him. I'd probably pretend to be sick tbh.

:harrylol:

Love him but best CB in the world is hard to measure.

Virgil was the most dominant for a while but there are ways to be a Cb that don’t require you to dominate as much.

If Romero cancels out the woolwich and Liverpool attackers the way he can, the noise is going to get louder because he’s playing really fucking well right now.

Love him but best CB in the world is hard to measure.

Virgil was the most dominant for a while but there are ways to be a Cb that don’t require you to dominate as much.

If Romero cancels out the woolwich and Liverpool attackers the way he can, the noise is going to get louder because he’s playing really fucking well right now.
I can't say I watch enough of the CBs around the world to be able to conclusively decide who's the best but I refuse to accept there are many better.

You don't have to watch football for long to realise that a player of his attributes and quality is very rare.

We've got a real monster on our hands with this guy. I Love that Ange has given him a role in the Club, it's a stroke of genius to hand him big responsibility on and off the pitch. Also having someone Cuti can depend on beside him is allowing him to concentrate on his own game much more. The guy is 25, loads more to come from him and massive for the central core of the team. I'm not sure about best in the world but I also can't think of who I'd want instead of him. Just glad he's ours!

Many people including myself used to think he needed an experienced leader beside him since he was so aggressive and front foot. Ange instead gave him the responsibility of being that leader and put an even younger CB next to him. Genius.

Back
Top Bottom