James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pickford is 6”1 for a start and is not small.
You keep going on about his short arms?? I’ve seen no evidence of this and you sound nuts to
Keep going on about this tbh.
He has a strong character and shouts to organise the defence I don’t see this as a fault.
I’ve been very impressed by vicario so far all be it early days so I probably wouldn’t trade him for Pickford but I do rate Pickford very highly
You rate him, fair enough.

Think we are both good with Vicario.

England Pickford starts anyway so don’t really matter. He’s done OK for Southgate

So Madders leaves Leicester for a big club and suddenly gets picked for England.

What must the Leicester fans think?

Lol just kidding. Who cares what they think. Gobby cunts can chant about Spurs from the champo where nobody will hear them.

To this day I don't know what they were chanting about "it's happened again" when Bergy took them to school.

In fairness to Gary, he has a lot of real selection headaches in this team. Not only because he has multiple good options, but to use this example, Grealish Foden and Rashford are three VERY different players.

Maddison is a match winning footballer when put in a specific role. Does that role exist in this England team? Is Maddison so good that you switch everything around to ensure it exists?

These are hard questions!

For me, your best players are Kane and Bellingham and you start there and build the rest to maximize what you get from them, and to my mind pace on the wings and willingness to run in behind seems to do that. There has always been a compelling logic to a Sterling-Kane-Saka forward line for me.
I think a match winning footballer is a role every team in the world would want.

Absolutely love this guy. My manutd supporting friends cant believe they didnt go for maddison.

Shows what playing for a bigger club does. If Maddison was at Chelsea and Mount at Leicester, you can bet United would have gone after Maddison.

Maddison’s A/G numbers were big at Leicester, think only De Bruyne has had more over the past 3 seasons for an AM. On top of that Maddison is a good player all round, we got a bargain.

Because there’s a bigger picture

Most Germans backed hitler and majority of British voted for brexit. Facts can be borderline and also situational

I would hate him as a keeper - he’s not awful but never a top 8 keep

What are you going on about? Put the crack pipe down will you.
You disagreed with a post stating the fact Everton conceded less goals than we did last year

Pickford is 6”1 for a start and is not small.
You keep going on about his short arms?? I’ve seen no evidence of this and you sound nuts to
Keep going on about this tbh.
He has a strong character and shouts to organise the defence I don’t see this as a fault.
I’ve been very impressed by vicario so far all be it early days so I probably wouldn’t trade him for Pickford but I do rate Pickford very highly
No he makes a save and then shouts ridiculously at people. Its not organising its for the cameras.
He seems to shorten his arms when diving full stretch. Plenty of vids of him struggling with this. Hence the dinosaur arms thing.
Decent keeper but im with you much prefer vicario

So Madders leaves Leicester for a big club and suddenly gets picked for England.

What must the Leicester fans think?

Lol just kidding. Who cares what they think. Gobby cunts can chant about Spurs from the champo where nobody will hear them.

To this day I don't know what they were chanting about "it's happened again" when Bergy took them to school.

He was in the World Cup squad

Exactly what came to mind when I was considering ‘similar to’ players from the recent past. Madders has all the flair and showmanship of VdV but has the better fitness and a far greater work rate.

Wanted to add exactly the same.
VDV was fully artist, but at this age, he was not much of a menace/runner in the EPL level anymore.

He could trot around the pitch and then produce 2 or 3 moments of magic.
Madders does the same, can also dribble and work much more. Great addition to the side and should have been brought before.

It’s amazing how he wasn’t rated too highly before,he was injury prone,he didn’t work hard enough,drifted out of games and only shone because he was the best player in a poor team🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s been a top player for years,played a lot of games over the last 4 years even though he’s supposed to be injury prone,works his balls off every game,always involved in anything good we do and is now our best player even though he’s playing with better players.

Some cretins on here didn’t want him because of a tweet 10 years ago🙈

Also people think leaders are guys who crash into tackles and bawls and shouts all day which is totally not the definition of what a leader is in football.
This guy is a leader because he exudes class,plays with a smile on his face and everything he does is positive. Even when it doesn’t come off it’s still positive and that rubs off on others. That’s the type of guy you want next to you on the pitch and not the guy who just shouts and kisses the badge every now and then.

So glad we have him and will be a big part in us becoming a top team in the premier league again.

You rate him, fair enough.

Think we are both good with Vicario.

England Pickford starts anyway so don’t really matter. He’s done OK for Southgate

Wouldn't want him here, but have no problem with Pickford playing for England......

The alternatives have their own issues and haven't fared great when tried.

(To a lesser extent; I feel similar regarding Maguire.)

Back
Top Bottom