Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Johnson and a good CB would satisfy me at this moment. We already have a better starting XI than last year and even tho we sell Kane
Selecao Richarlison GIF by Confederação Brasileira de Futebol

View: https://twitter.com/SpursArmyTweets/status/1697558134716301624?s=20

Real problem that there are far too many of our players that think they are far better than they are. Has it not dawned on them that them that the team playing shit football over the past 3 years and them not being picked by ange in the X11, might have something to do with them being average players

Hojbjerg had genuine interest from Atletico so why would he join Fulham?

Even if he does leave he won't be replaced so why people are desperate for him to leave makes zero sense.

View: https://twitter.com/SpursArmyTweets/status/1697558134716301624?s=20

Real problem that there are far too many of our players that think they are far better than they are. Has it not dawned on them that them that the team playing shit football over the past 3 years and them not being picked by ange in the X11, might have something to do with them being average players

The phrasing here doesn't help
Hojbjerg, and isn't all that reflective of his character imo. He's a better player than Fulham, as indicated by interest from United, and strong interest from Atletico who don't seem to have the 30m plus it would take to do the transfer. He's a good player, and entitled not to want a Fulham move at 28yo. Dier has less ground to stand on given performances over the past years.

I’m incredibly depressed that Dier and Sanchez look set to stay with no CB depth incoming, if you had told me that at the beginning of the summer I’d have been so angry

That was the one thing we needed to do - VdV is an upgrade but we absolutely had to replace them.

No new CB is a pisstake and a huge gamble. We better hope Romero Udogie and VdV are fucking iron men or else it’s back to Davies and Sanchez back in the starting XI, which is worst case scenario.

Back
Top Bottom