Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gallagher & Brennan Johnson in and bus-conductor bus-conductor to finally end ENIC by mounting an all out assault on Joe Lewis' yacht.
oh my GIF by Paramount Network

Home grown.
So stupid to try and use HG for attacking players. There is HG talent around but in attack is not the place to find value...and like other players this kid will be hanging around like another Sessegnon in a few years.

The amount of times we repeat the same mistake...our consistency is astounding.

Not again...

Those three games are hardly statistically significant. What is significant is that it's very rare for a team to have basically their entire starting 11 score 4/5 goals each while their front line do jack shit.

Well it's 8.57% of a 70 goal tally.

Call it what you like in terms of significance, but statistically we are 1 goal away from 10% of 70 goals after 7.9% of our games played.

Yeah the starting 11 wont all get 4-5 goals each, but the front line will do more than "jack shit".. statistically.

Realistically I could see us getting something like 16x Son, 11x Richarlison, 8x Maddison, 5x Kulusevski, 4x Solomon, 4x Bentancur, 4x Porro, 3x Udogie, 3x Perisic, 5x from Romero & Ven combined.. that's over 60. 5 own goals, then 1-3 from Emerson, Sarr, Skipp/Hojbjerg, any new signings this week or January to chip in with a few.

Doable and realistic. Would like to think a few of those players will exceed those numbers too.

We are one CB injury away from total disaster, yet our "priority" is an unspectacular winger for twice as much as he is worth.

Just surreal levels incompetence going on, now.

#BaldCuntShambles

So stupid to try and use HG for attacking players. There is HG talent around but in attack is not the place to find value...and like other players this kid will be hanging around like another Sessegnon in a few years.

The amount of times we repeat the same mistake...our consistency is astounding.
It really does have that feel about it.

I know. You prefer to spend your time melting down over other people melting down.
It's a bit weird and freaky, but each to their own I guess 🤷‍♀️

Not JT the person who's only worthwhile and meaningful content only goes as far as constantly trying to get a rise out of people, blatant lies and tags people in every thread purely because your lonely and desperately want attention, now I know you're not trying to talk to me :sonpoint:

Then pay up the contract and fuck them off. At the very least say you'll be playing with the u21s at best and not allow them anywhere near the squad. We must be able to incentivise them to leave somehow

I'm sure if we gave Ndombele 20m quid he'd happily fuck off but that sets a seriously bad precedent with everybody else we want rid of.......

NDOMBELE: YEARS LEFT 2 = 20.8m
LLORIS: YEARS LEFT 1 = 5m
DIER: YEARS LEFT 1 = 4.4m
SANCHEZ: YEARS LEFT 1 = 3.3m
REGUILLON: YEARS LEFT 2 = 5m
TANGANGA: YEARS LEFT 2 = 2.6m
SESSENGON: YEARS LEFT 2 = 6m
PERISIC: YEARS LEFT 1 = 9.2m
PEH: YEARS LEFT 2 = 10.6m
SPENCE: YEARS LEFT 4 = 5.2m
GIL: YEARS LEFT 3 = 6M

= £78.1m