Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t really hate the idea of Johnson as a boost to our HG numbers as he is a useful player, no doubt, I just don’t like the fee we’re spending on him. Still, at this point, if we didn’t get him, it would feel like a letdown.

Darren Lewis chatting on TS earlier.....

He thinks Johnson should get done....

He also says he heard a little rumbling that the plan was:

LW: Johnson
CF: Richy
RW: Son

Goes without saying if Ange wants Johnson, I want him too but i'm suprised the search seems to be revolving around wingers. I know Son and Johnson have played CF at times but really I think we can do with a dedicated CF to challenge Richy rather than try and fit square pegs in round holes.

Darren Lewis chatting on TS earlier.....

He thinks Johnson should get done....

He also says he heard a little rumbling that the plan was:

LW: Johnson
CF: Richy
RW: Son
Seems odd to swap Son and Johnson wings, but neither are one footed, and Son has looked quite good on the right playing for Korea from time to time (admittedly a far lower level).

Would be nice to see a more fluid front three (Richy's best position at Everton was LW), to unsettle the opposition. E.g. Son and Johnson taking turns to run at say TAA or Shaw, who would struggle to cope with their pace and agility for a sustained period.

If Forest is in FFP trouble, we could get up to some funny business with Sanchez going the other way.

Forest collect a big loan fee for Johnson now, and also get Sanchez now with his acquisition cost amortized over the length of his deal, and we have an obligation to purchase on 1 July next year that hits Forest's 24/25 books as pure profit since he's homegrown.

Sanchez priced at 20M, five year contract, hits at 4M each season.

10M loan fee up front for Johnson (net +6M for Forest's 23/24 accounts), then 20M obligated next July (net +16M for Forest's 24/25 accounts).

That's a "50M deal for Brennan Johnson".

Or we could loan-to-buy Sanchez and reverse the whole thing. Dunno what the time schedule is of Forest's money concern.

Need someone to confidently proclaim why he's utter crap or the best thing since sliced bread.

My mates nan is a massive Augsburg fan and she says he’s the best thing since Haaland. Absolute goal scoring powerhouse and an unmissable, must get talent. We simply have to get this guy. Pace, power, technique, everything.

(My mate’s nan is dead).

50M is a lot of money for Brennan Johnson. You can find better player for less money around Europe. I know it’s a PL tax, but still… 50M for a player who played ONE season in PL and he’s 22.

I have my doubts to say at least. I hope it ends up great for us.

My mates nan is a massive Augsburg fan and she says he’s the best thing since Haaland. Absolute goal scoring powerhouse and an unmissable, must get talent. We simply have to get this guy. Pace, power, technique, everything.

(My mate’s nan is dead).
Does she have a hipster twitter account I can follow?

Back
Top Bottom