AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where is the festival, Kuala Lumpur??

machete GIF
Honestly you'd think so. I managed to find out the score at about 3pm and then just gave up the rest of the afternoon. Wasn't until about 11pm I realised Woolwich drew as well.

Going to enjoy this win, but it can all come crashing down if we don't sign a striker that can score 20 + goals a season. Can't keep relying on midfielders to score every week. This window seems closed for a new one.

I wanted JN as he was available and at the time back in March / April Ange wasn’t really seen as an option. Well not in public. Also thought it was a Munn linked move. Hopefully he does very well off . Early days and things are looking good. Just one thing is that we seem to be slow either starting or during parts of the gane. I was expecting a more fast paced pressing game which was nonstop. May be that will come. However Ange probably never had teams who also like to press when at Celtic. So as long his learning and adapting and ofc if levy backs him then we could be cooking.
Weren't you saying that if anyone wanted AP over JN they didn't understand Football?

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Going to enjoy this win, but it can all come crashing down if we don't sign a striker that can score 20 + goals a season. Can't keep relying on midfielders to score every week. This window seems closed for a new one.
I'm not sure we need someone that will score 20+. The goals are going to come from everywhere, so Kane's loss will be negated somewhat. But we do definitely need someone that will score 10+ and be more useful than Richarlison is proving.

I think a lot of football fans will be liking us this season.
Remember when Newcastle was many fans second team?
Behave mate, we're Tottenham, everyone's favourite rival to hate.

You can hear millions of TV's across the country being switched off when we come on!

Would you enjoy watching your rival playing well and winning?

This week's Fighting Cock Pod touched on this: that perhaps the dressing room is actually more harmonious now that Kane has gone (rumours on him demanding to play the CL final, that not sitting right with Super Jan, etc).

I've not seen our squad look so together since the heights of the Poch era, and even then Kane being the star had crept into the narrative.

While it seems pretty clear we need an attacking addition of some sort in the aftermath of Kane leaving (and god willing we do so this week) the lads don't look down-heartened at all.
I heard a rumour that it was in Kane's contact that if he's deemed fit then he starts. Poch was going to start Lucas, but was told that he had to start Kane ahead of him.

I don't know how much truth there is in that, if any, but I've heard a few mutterings about Kane. Even the nicest people can develop an ego when they're at the level of worship Kane had.

But that's how the system is set up to work: it gets you goals from all over the pitch.

You have to stop thinking about how we played under the previous managers, who relied on Kane doing the business. That's not how we play anymore.

Vicario had another good game, just one real save that I remember but was good passing with the defenders.
Just soo refreshing, to see pints with his wrong foot, still ending near a player who can at least challenge for the ball.

Lloris was a great shot stopper for years, but I feel Vicario may be better at that and orders of magnitude better with his feet.

I like how Lo celso signalled to Biss when he was coming off to hurry up because he was on a yellow. Then embraced him with a hug. There is a definite togetherness in this squad now.

What a bloody change this season is having match threads to enjoy for positive reasons. It’s still so early in the Ange project and the technical side will take months to develop fully, but the ambition, positivity, togetherness, leadership… all the cultural stuff… are firmly set. We’re playing with the right intent. We’re going to do it with style and through attacking football. Fans are on board. Complete turnaround in the whole heart and soul of the club in just a few weeks.

We’ve got our Tottenham back.

I did. It became boring when there weren't any people like yourself trying to convince me the Guy I support, had such a superior throwing action, it out weighed the fact that his opponent whipped his ass. I could also not find any fans that believed loosing in a shiny revamped pub was better than winning in a smaller community pub
You have already demonstrated, in multiple threads and on several levels that cogent thinking isn't a gift that you have been given to walk you through life.

A rapist justifies (to themselves )that the method of achieving sexual fulfillment is irrelevant to the result.

To some of us, we would rather that the club holds its head up over the way it conducts it's business - rather than bores it's way to results and trophies. Greece once won the Euros in a manner that was the most offensive to view in footballing terms, nobody remembers how they played or who their players were because of the dreadful spectacle they served up. It was best forgotten.

Your attitude is as offensive as your inability to understand the limits of your own thought process.

IMO, Maddison and Bissouma were absolutely huge. Udoggie was great, and Kulu came alive and scored a goal. Vicario was really solid and one good save, albeit he is a bit casual playing it out, but no mishaps. Richy cannot seem to get the ball in position to score.
When he trod on the ball it was like he deflated and not the ball. It's sad watching a talented player looking so bereft of confidence.

That mean Ange knows nothing about football then..
So far Davies, Dier, Hojberg havent started a single match. With other managers all 3 would have started all 3 matches.. I wasnt sold on Ange just because some australians or celtic fans were bigging him up. But how quickly he has dumped the poorer players out of the starting lineup and even starting 20 year old Sarr ahead of Hojberg shows he has balls and is able to see things for how they are. We will see how he deals with the Richarlison issue.

Amazing what a Good defence does. I always wondered why both Conté and Jose insisted on that.

Ange would not have been near 2-0 if he only had the likes of Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sess, Reggie, Doherty in defence.

VdV and Romero make a huge difference with their skill when they keep the ball at their feet.

With these players, both Jose and Conté would have got us a trophy or two. Looking at his tactics, I believe Ange will do so too.
For Jose and Conte, Sarr would be too young and Bissouma apparently cant grasp the amazing system that Conte had...Conte would pick 3 CBs like an idiot knowing very well we didnt have many good CBs and Jose would have picked Davies over Udogie. They also had a boner for Dier , our worst CB, for some reason which led them to their deserved sackings in the end.

Back
Top Bottom