Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cary elwes saw GIF
That's the one....

So every time a forward scores a goal, will you compare it to richy and then criticize him even though he’s not playing?

I haven’t been impressed with richy but this is absolutely shitty support. Go find something more productive to do with your day.
Nein. He's had a dick measuring contest with Antonio online about goalscoring, so it was merely referencing that in some way. I was also really impressed with Antonio's goal and general play today. Haven't you got more productive things to do with your day than argue with seemingly pathetic individuals online? You really should no better.

Last season Richarlison rated 6.06 and only started 16 games.
Against Brentford his combined source average was 5.07.
Against Man U the admin system rates him 5.85 and the media/web 5.38.

Let's see if he gets any better as the season progresses. It's probably too early to judge but I'm not confident. I will be happy if he turns it round. I have the feeling if he does it would probably be short lived.
Honestly, that's EXACTLY how I feel when I see numbers and stats (and don't get me started on xG...

Not that stats don't have a place in football, but it's just so clinical and don't really focus on the HUMAN FEELING (Euphoric or frustrated) you get at games

....I GUESS it's all just too AVB-esque for me to truly grasp!

To be fair we were something like 9-2-1 last year when he played more than 30 mins.
I believe Kane scored in every game he started alongside Richarlison last year, and was barely a goal every 2 games without.

But these first two weeks we haven't gotten that kind of all-action, hard-work-for-the-team type performances from him. Angeball doesn't really ask for that, being a hardworking outlet for a team getting battered is more of an Everton/Conte thing.

Before criticising Richy (who admittedly has been having a rough go of it), please watch the following videos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlC_fjh56k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXEU4EPITs0

A huge portion of Kyogo's goals that weren't a result of Scottish defenders being hilarious is low crosses from the wingers, which is something our wingers aren't really equipped to do. The system relies on fast wingers who can beat their man. So far we've been making it work through other means (Emerson longshots, set piece goals, etc.), but the meat and potatoes of the system's attack aren't really there at the moment.

Last edited:
Before criticising Richy (who admittedly has been having a rough go of it), please watch the following videos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlC_fjh56k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXEU4EPITs0

A huge portion of Kyogo's goals that weren't a result of Scottish defenders being hilarious is low crosses from the wingers, which is something our wingers aren't really equipped to do. The system relies on fast wingers who can beat their man. So far we've been making it work through other means (Emerson longshots, set piece goals, etc.), but the meat and potatoes of the system's attack aren't really there at the moment.

Will they explain why he can’t control the football, constantly loses the football and doesn’t offer either a threat in behind or any hold-up play?

If so, great. Play a traffic cone up front, it’ll be cheaper.

Will they explain why he can’t control the football, constantly loses the football and doesn’t offer either a threat in behind or any hold-up play?

If so, great. Play a traffic cone up front, it’ll be cheaper.
Have we sent any through balls for him to chase? Not many that I can recall. As for the others, he hasn't had great hold up play or anything, but he hasn't been terrible either considering that against Brentford it was basically him vs 3 CBs.

Have we sent any through balls for him to chase? Not many that I can recall. As for the others, he hasn't had great hold up play or anything, but he hasn't been terrible either considering that against Brentford it was basically him vs 3 CBs.

He won’t anyway as he isn’t particularly quick.

His hold up play, first touch etc was poor and erratic in both games. The ball goes to him to die.

I don’t know what he offers on the pitch. I don’t remember him doing anything positive in either game.

One time he did do OK, controlled a ball, got our wide after shrugging someone off .. then looped a ball back to the nearest United player.

He’s been total crap.

He won’t anyway as he isn’t particularly quick.

His hold up play, first touch etc was poor and erratic in both games. The ball goes to him to die.

I don’t know what he offers on the pitch. I don’t remember him doing anything positive in either game.

One time he did do OK, controlled a ball, got our wide after shrugging someone off .. then looped a ball back to the nearest United player.

He’s been total crap.
He had some decent touches vs Brentford and in the second half vs United, but he's never really had the ball enough to have an influence on the game, which is more of a reflection of the system around him than anything else.

He had some decent touches vs Brentford and in the second half vs United, but he's never really had the ball enough to have an influence on the game, which is more of a reflection of the system around him than anything else.

It bounces off him like a trampoline half the time it goes to him.

I dunno. I respect and agree with the he’s not getting service arguments, and don’t expect him to be scoring.

But he’s offering no individual moments and often not doing the basics right. Beat a man occasionally, play a great pass, hold it up well and pin a defender.

I am not seeing the basic competent game of a centre forward. He’s getting completely lost in games.

I just dont think he is a natural goal scorer. We need one of those in that position in this team. It is one thing about him that has occurred to me last season. He is rarely in the right position in the box.

the next three games can be a bit of make or break for him. I'll give him benefit of the doubt it certainly wasn't easy to play against that Brentford team away or Varane.
If he opens the bag of goals in next three relatively easy games he could get us some 15 league goals across the season which in this teams where goals come from all around should be fine.

the next three games can be a bit of make or break for him. I'll give him benefit of the doubt it certainly wasn't easy to play against that Brentford team away or Varane.
If he opens the bag of goals in next three relatively easy games he could get us some 15 league goals across the season which in this teams where goals come from all around should be fine.

Yeah, or 4 games if you include the League Cup. Albeit three of them are away:

- Bournemouth (A)
- Fulham (A)
- Burnley (A)
- Sheffield Utd (H)

Should be more than sufficient to prove that he can do the CF role ahead of the NLD.

I just dont think he is a natural goal scorer. We need one of those in that position in this team. It is one thing about him that has occurred to me last season. He is rarely in the right position in the box.
He doesn’t sniff out chances like a top striker. The top boys have a knack of being in the right place at the right time more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom