Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another CB is far more important signing than a ST

We are still Romero/ VDV injury away from Dier/Sanchez/Davies back in the starting 11.

This is far bigger concern than having Richarlison as first choice ST
Agree

Also starting to think Hojberg out and a deputy #6 to Bissouma that means we don’t lose the press resistance is the second biggest concern.

Maybe that’s Bentancur but he may not get back to his best this season

I still think we want 3 in

Striker - Orban
MF/FWD - Eze
CB - Schuurs

Right now, as much as I want Eze.... Unless we sell GLC (and PEH), I don't think we outright need him considering what we'd have to pay.... If the argument is that he can be a square peg at RW too, then just go and buy a RW.

Would much rather see as spend big on another CB (but.... game-time yadda yadda).

I'm not against signing Orban, but buying yet another striker project (Scarlett & Veliz) doesn't feel like a game-changer given how distraught some are about Richy.

Agree

Also starting to think Hojberg out and a deputy #6 to Bissouma that means we don’t lose the press resistance is the second biggest concern.

Maybe that’s Bentancur but he may not get back to his best this season
We are definitely looking at another press resistent CM as PEH replacement.

Eze and Adarabioyo would be ideal as they’re both also HG

Nope. We need to tighten up the defense first. We're doing fine offensively, averaging 2.0 xG, but our xG against is atrocious. It's going to catch up with us eventually.
Why would a 3rd choice CB fix our XG against?

Seems more likely the players that we already have will fix that by getting more comfortable in the system. Any new defender coming in would also take time to be ready before they can step in for Romero or VDV.

Nope. We need to tighten up the defense first. We're doing fine offensively, averaging 2.0 xG, but our xG against is atrocious. It's going to catch up with us eventually.

That's a matter of time and coaching though; not recruitment..... Unless you want to replace one of our first XI defenders?

With Bissouma and PMS looking like they are going to play important roles in our midfield this season the ACOF in January could be a problem. PEH possibly leaving? Bentancur’s injury? We Could probably do with another midfielder type in there

Look, it’s pretty simple, the club has had a decent start to the window.

You never fully complete a squad but there is still work to do.

The manager has shown in 2 games already that he’s worth getting behind. Levy might need to be less stubborn on prices to get players in and out but it’s not like this is Conte asking for multiple 70m players.

What he’s asking for seems like it fits with price ranges the club has been comfortable with before.

Accepted but any deviation from us needing or acquiring a striker would be slleepwalking into mediocrity.

The whole point of managers is to add value but Postecoglou does need more.

And not being given those players will hinder what we/he can achieve.

How stupid do you have to be to not recognise that we are paying players millions every month that never play
How stupid do you have to be to not realize that we'd be paying exactly the same whether they sit on the bench or we buy out their contracts. And by not buying out their contracts until after the window closes we at least have a chance to get some money back.

I mean, it's not that complicated. For below average to high IQs, anyway.

But if it means you can't bring in new players because of squad space?
I don't think it'll affect bringing in new players. If you identify a new player that you absolutely must pull the trigger on right away, then you go the "get rid" route, which is always available to you.

Back
Top Bottom