Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thing is at worse they'll be loaned, probably until their contracts are up. No one thinks Ndombele or Reggie or Tanganga will be here come 2nd September. So as per usual its just bollocks excuses. They've had 3 months to sort this, we should be down to the last 1 or 2 stragglers by now. We're run like a Sunday pub side.

So why are other clubs going to rush to loan our discarded players early in the window ?

All those clubs are looking fir best players they can get and will only go on to look at the less good players we have as discards at the end of the window.

And the major block to the transfers are probably player needs - Lloris wanting to be No 1 GK, or other players wanting to go to top clubs as after Spurs they want to ensure they are at a top club paying top wages.

Hence at end of the window, other clubs are looking at our discards.

Irrespective of whether your point holds any weight or not, why on earth would you want to sell to the clubs that you want to eventually compete with?!? Proper daft innit

I assume because they believe their is zero chance of the club ever competing with them while we are owned by Joe Lewis and ENIC so schadenfreude kicks in and knowing how good Kane is, a Kane at City, United or Newcastle would make it harder for Arse or Chavs to win the league.

I assume because they believe their is zero chance of the club ever competing with them while we are owned by Joe Lewis and ENIC so schadenfreude kicks in and knowing how good Kane is, a Kane at City, United or Newcastle would make it harder for Arse or Chavs to win the league.

May as well go and support someone else in that case.

May as well go and support someone else in that case.

That’s never going to happen. I don’t know anyone past 18 years old who has changed club, there are men more faithful to their club than their wives. If the club is run poorly then obviously laughing at rivals becomes the pleasure until such a time the club sorts itself out.

As for Kane personally I think Bayern is fine and better than him staying in the Prem as he wouldn’t sign a new deal but we should have had players lined up and players out the door quicker.

That’s never going to happen. I don’t know anyone past 18 years old who has changed club, there are men more faithful to their club than their wives. If the club is run poorly then obviously laughing at rivals becomes the pleasure until such a time the club sorts itself out.

As for Kane personally I think Bayern is fine and better than him staying in the Prem as he wouldn’t sign a new deal but we should have had players lined up and players out the door quicker.

Of course it's not, but if that's honestly someone's thought process then what's the actual point.

Acting as if the club are on the verge of relegation and we have Mike Ashley in charge or something, mental.

I think it's worth remembering that if an owner has viable alternatives to buying from Daniel Levy, they will choose that option. Why would anyone want to suffer the pain of haggling with Levy over a player that isn't even very good?
Same for agents too. Small world and he’s pissed off everyone

So in terms of our attacking options we've basically sold our top ever goalscorer and talisman and bought in Manor Solomon. With less than 2 weeks of the window left. So thats good.

Meanwhile we continue to do the same annual dance off with Sanchez, Tanganga and Ndombele that we've done for at least 3 years. Poor old Ange.

Solomon was brought in replace Moura, Shirley?

I think it's worth remembering that if an owner has viable alternatives to buying from Daniel Levy, they will choose that option. Why would anyone want to suffer the pain of haggling with Levy over a player that isn't even very good?

Good job no other clubs are hard negotiators......

Wait...

Enter Brighton, Brentgord, Sporting, Lyon, Inter, Bayern and..............

:pochrolleyes:

Yeah but none of them are Levy. He's spent two decades fucking everyone off.

Unless you can provide a potted history of those other clubs trf negotiations then that's a really poor counter argument routed in (the always flawed) "only Spurs" theory.

Unless you can provide a potted history of those other clubs trf negotiations then that's a really poor counter argument routed in (the always flawed) "only Spurs" theory.
I can't. And I won't.

But I'll confidently stick to my argument that Levy is a pain in the arse.

Of course you won't...

And I'll stick to my counter argument that they're everywhere and fellow business men accept that's just the nature of the negotiations game...........

People are also overlooking that for the last 2 summers with had Fab doing all this and we still struggled to shift the same players....... Which implies it's not a Levy thing anyway.

Higgo Higgo

Back
Top Bottom