Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've just had a thought.... the 'Andre, Andre give-us-a-wave' chant used to be sung in the late '80s/early '90s didn't it.
But I'm sure we used to sing the '....give us a wave' bit to random parts of the ground, then you'd wait for them to wave, and give them a cheer??? I'll give you an example;

"Paxton, gissa wave, Paxton Paxton Gissa wave..." (PAUSE, they wave) Huraaaaay!
"West Stand, gissa wave, West Stand, Wesat stand gissa wave..." (PAUSE, they also wave) Huraaaaay!
and then we tried our luck;
"Linesman gissa wave Linesman Linesman, gissa wave..." (PAUSE, nothing) Booooo! )
I always hoped the linesman would wave (they never did) just so we could shout 'OFFSIDE!!' ah, happy carefree days!

I'm sure we could try and 'unite the ground' with this on Thursday... and the beauty of it is, it works for ANYTHING with 2-syllables; Ball-Boy, Spurs bench, Policeman, (their) 'keeper, Steward (actually, didn't we sing this to a steward at the Maribor game, Or am I imagining it???)

Who was there for "Steward give us a song" at half time? He sung "YID ARMY" and after a few seconds of us joining in, we all started singing "you're getting sacked in the morning".

Also enjoyed "Is this derogatory" or "Is this political" after a few Yid songs.

Who was there for "Steward give us a song" at half time? He sung "YID ARMY" and after a few seconds of us joining in, we all started singing "you're getting sacked in the morning".

Also enjoyed "Is this derogatory" or "Is this political" after a few Yid songs.

Right next to him!! The look of realisation in his eyes when he thought he might be 'getting sacked in the morning!'
(BTW, can you actually get sacked from a voluntary position?)

Hi, Im a Magpies fan.... No an orginal Notts County Magpies fan and rememeber the time we played you in 1991 sixth round of the FA cup. But my question is. Do you guys still sing nice one Cyril. After the late Cyril Knowles. He died in the same year after a brain tumor and I think its always good to sing about the past heros as well as the current ones. We always chant Jimmy Sirrel's name. These players and managers I feel deserve our praise much more. Good luck, hope you win the Prem league this year.

Hi, Im a Magpies fan.... No an orginal Notts County Magpies fan and rememeber the time we played you in 1991 sixth round of the FA cup. But my question is. Do you guys still sing nice one Cyril. After the late Cyril Knowles. He died in the same year after a brain tumor and I think its always good to sing about the past heros as well as the current ones. We always chant Jimmy Sirrel's name. These players and managers I feel deserve our praise much more. Good luck, hope you win the Prem league this year.

I was at the game at yours in Jan 1978.
3-3 (John Pratt 2, Colin Lee 1).

I was at the game at yours in Jan 1978.
3-3 (John Pratt 2, Colin Lee 1).
Those great days are all gone now, never to be returned but you guys are only headed one way for me. We are destined to live in the shadow of another fallen team Florist. Sorry cant bring myself to say that other team in Nottingham. Reds not my favourite colour. Think I missed the 78 one but Jimmy Sirrel would have been the manager back then. If you get chance read 'diary of a football nobody.' Its all about football in the 70's and what the players got up to. Funny as hell. Sorry if I digress from the thread. Keep going, maybe you should think of a song for Andre Villas Boas :) Sure he would love that.

How about this for a lamela song........ We've just signed lamela,lamela,lamela, from a.s roma,roma,roma and now he is a yido,yido,yido, and thats the way we like it, like it, like it, woaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

I think 'Nice one Kyle' (Walker) caught on briefly a few years back... (seeing as he's our RB now, and had just scored a screeeeeeeeeeamer vs. Woolwich...) but other than that, the original hasn't had much of an airing... maybe Thursday would be a good time to dust down some of the old songs... if there's a lull in the play!

"Nice one Cyril" would be as good a place to start as any...
followed by "We'll take more care of you, Archibald, Archibald...and "Tony, Tony Galvin, Tony Galvin on the wi-ing" (which I think could now be used for Andros BTW!)

Great idea that about singing Nice One Cyril and Tony Galvin On The Wing for Walker and Townsend. Let's get them going, I think it's great to reprise the old numbers that have been sung on the terraces from years back.

Me personally nothing beats a good slow "Glory, Glory Hallelujah".

Not heard before, but would be pretty cool
To the tune of yellow submarine

They tried to stop us sing the word that starts with Y
We really don't know why
Just let em fuckin try
They tried to stop us sing the word that starts with Y
We really don't know why
Just let em fuckin try
YIDIO YIDIO YIDIO.............

That Crowded House one is sung by Ireland fans about St Ledger, they've been doing it a while.
Me and a few mates are gonna launch this one for Lamela: he speeds up, he slows down, he'll give your back four the runaround, I can't wait for Saturday.... Cos tottenham hotspur have the new Pele, Erik Erik Lamela, The Argentinian fella! (Steve Miller band, abra cadabra)

And as for Capoue, Dion's Run around Sue, hey hey, woooah hey hey, woooah hey hey woooah hey keep your hands of my etienne capoue.
Think I will get told to f**k off with that one though!

Back
Top Bottom