Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fee is irrelevant really, it’s what comes next and how it’s invested. Easy to wank £100M down the drain
I still think it is earmarked for those 2 centre backs, and it will happen the minute Bayern stop fucking about and make a proper offer. If they think Levy is selling for below his valuation they are dreaming.

I still think it is earmarked for those 2 centre backs, and it will happen the minute Bayern stop fucking about and make a proper offer. If they think Levy is selling for below his valuation they are dreaming.
Indont think they are dreaming. If he tries to scrape an extra 5M, they may just walk away safe in the knowledge that Kane commits and goes for free next summer or say 20M in Jan. he won’t be cup
Tied for the CL and Levy will have zero leverage. He doesn’t hold all the cards, they will have a walk away point. Professional outfit

Indont think they are dreaming. If he tries to scrape an extra 5M, they may just walk away safe in the knowledge that Kane commits and goes for free next summer or say 20M in Jan. he won’t be cup
Tied for the CL and Levy will have zero leverage. He doesn’t hold all the cards, they will have a walk away point. Professional outfit
Look at the forward options in their squad right now.
Without him they will be out of the Champions League at the group stage.

They are the only club offering money now, its that or a big fat zero and kane walks into another PL club next year.

They are the only club offering money now, its that or a big fat zero and kane walks into another PL club next year.
They aren’t Man Utd, bumbling around in the dark all desperate. I honestly think they bid 100M euros and Levy rejects, it might be enough to turn Kanes head and he agrees to go there for free in principal due to their show of intent. They will qualify for the CL knock outs so Kane can just take it easy for a few months and go in Jan

They aren’t Man Utd, bumbling around in the dark all desperate. I honestly think they bid 100M euros and Levy rejects, it might be enough to turn Kanes head and he agrees to go there for free in principal due to their show of intent
They can't without breaking FFP apparently

They aren’t Man Utd, bumbling around in the dark all desperate. I honestly think they bid 100M euros and Levy rejects, it might be enough to turn Kanes head and he agrees to go there for free in principal due to their show of intent
Have you seen the striker market lately?

Kolo-Muani: he's had 1 good season in his career (price tag, €100m).

Vlahovic: had two good seasons, latest season he scored 10 goals for Juventus (price tag, around €70-ish m)

Hojlund: played 1 season in a top league, scored 9 goals (price tag, €60m).

Kane at £100m is undervalued if anything. They'll pay it, or close to it.

They aren’t Man Utd, bumbling around in the dark all desperate. I honestly think they bid 100M euros and Levy rejects, it might be enough to turn Kanes head and he agrees to go there for free in principal due to their show of intent. They will qualify for the CL knock outs so Kane can just take it easy for a few months and go in Jan
Mané is off, and never worked out for them anyway. Their centre forwards at the moment are a 34 year old (who didn't make it at Stoke City) and a youth player younger than Scarlett.

Have you seen the striker market lately?

Kolo-Muani: he's had 1 good season in his career (price tag, €100m).

Vlahovic: had two good seasons, latest season he scored 10 goals for Juventus (price tag, around €70-ish m)

Hojlund: played 1 season in a top league, scored 9 goals (price tag, €60m).

Kane at £100m is undervalued if anything. They'll pay it, or close to it.
First and third are young players with ten years ahead of them and could be worth double if they shine. Kanes last contract really. 100M for a player who can sign for free in five months?

First and third are young players with ten years ahead of them and could be worth double if they shine. Kanes last contract really. 100M for a player who can sign for free in five months?
But it's a gamble. Why on earth would you take that gamble when you know that Real Madrid, PSG, United are all without strikers. It's basically a crapshoot at that point. And Kane, feeling perhaps undervalued by Bayern, could easily choose to go with a different club.
Or pay now, get the far and away best striker on the market.

But it's a gamble. Why on earth would you take that gamble when you know that Real Madrid, PSG, United are all without strikers. It's basically a crapshoot at that point. And Kane, feeling perhaps undervalued by Bayern, could easily choose to go with a different club.
Agree and they will of the ask is realistic and doesn’t change. Agree it’s a gamble but my point is if they get close, it might make Kane feel valued and he commits to them

I agree.

For the biggest clubs looking for a goal-scoring CF who can also link play, Harry Kane is the only sure thing potentially available.

The only significant risk is your new £100 million CF getting crocked by a bad tackle, and that's a risk for all players in contact sports.

People are acting like it's up to the club, it's up to Kane just as much. If he decides he wants to leave on a free, that's what will happen. So whoever bids for him has to satisfy Levy's price and whatever Harry's demands might be.

If I was him, I'd be going on a free and trousering 4 or 5 hundred grand a week, whilst saying fuck you to Levy for going back on their "gentleman's agreement."

Noone offered 100m 2 years ago and no one has offered 100m this year. The highest offer is 70m and it is unlikely to go much higher. The clubs interested realise that Spurs are in a difficult situation and will not offer much more. Now we should be sorting our CB’s situation irrespective of what happens to Kane. Therefore the money should be invested in a new forward. We are going to attack this season and yet I cannot see the current players at Spurs without Kane scoring enough goals and it is vital that we get a top class replacement. However past experience is that will not happen and we will either get a cheap replacement or no replacement. The team is more important than the money and let Kane go without a top quality replacement and I doubt we will be any better than last season. This should not be acceptable. Stop hoping for 100m it is not happening.

we've all seen this film before. berbatov territory. we'll sell kane, late in the window with no time to use whatever money we get. we'll get in a frazier campbell or a rasiak. madison is what modric was back then. our current top lad can never be allowed to play with our next top lad, cos that might lead to things. one in, one out. the cheapest CB option we're looking at will be the one we get. it is written.

Back
Top Bottom