Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends what you'd consider Ben Davies.

A new centre back means we'd have 7 centre backs for two positions. That's clutter.
Davies is generally shit got torn to pieces by Brentford. That should be enough evidence he can’t play FB. He defo can’t play in a CB 2. So basically he is on no use to anges system as he has no pace.

Yes!!! Although based on not too many games TBH (5-10 at most). One of the best performances I had seen from him was against Woolwich's first game of the season last year. Woolwich blew them off the pitch for the first 10/15mins, then Palace slowly took hold of the game and were by a margin better than them, they controlled the game, and much of that control came via Andersen who was like a combined Toby/Verts hybrid (pinging the ball about from the back like Toby - he also plays some tremendous vertical balls to the feet of their AM's too, bringing the ball out from the back like Verts. If I recall correctly he was immaculate doing the defensive stuff too) - He was the best player on the park that day, but Woolich got an undeserved win so of course that means people have to give MoTM awards to the winning side for some bizarre reason. From memory, I think he was really decent in the return fixture at the Emirates???

Good player.

He’s a fucking wardrobe.

It’s money out but can be stretched across a five year term…. Rather than wages which are in year operational cost.
Cash flow is not an issue, we have guaranteed revenue (mostly).

Shrugs shoulders.

You seem to be having your own little argument here.....

Fill your boots... It has no bearing on what I was talking to someone else about.

I'm sorry, but this post needs pulling up for the patronising nonsense that it is.

We are not the other 80+ teams, are we. We aren't Wycombe or Wigan.
We are Tottenham Hotspur for fuck sake. One of the traditional power houses of the post war English Game. So let's not start distorting the facts with these twisted, insulting comparisons.

One of the Wealthiest clubs on the planet
One of the best supported clubs in the country
First club to achieve the double since ww2.
First English club to lift a major European trophy.
A trophy in every single decade. . before ENIC.
Record FA Cup winners . .before ENIC

NOT just one of the 80+ other teams

However you try and dress it up 1 trophy in 23 years is an utter fucking disgrace and a stain on our proud club..

All we have seen is a failure to back every manager they appointed, a failure to invest at the opportune time, and a failure to push the team forward when the chance was there for the taking.

For a supposed Spurs fan, you seem to endlessly insult the history of our club.
You revel in belittling our past achievements.....As some kind of warped logic to justify our current failings.

You're a sham, mate. Learn to show some respect to the history of our great Club

Tottenham_Hotspur_FC_flag.gif
No one's denying this post.

yes, this is true, but the problem you always have is talk about Spurs in isolation like other clubs don't exist or that nation states or oil oligarchs haven't crashed the party and made the league more competitive.

Yes, we're one of the richest clubs in the world.

Unfortunately, so are 6/7 other clubs in the same bloody league we're in.

City/Chelsea/United/Newcastle are richer than us - So are probably Liverpool and maybe the scum?

you keep going on about 1 trophy in 20 years etc. it's a disgrace etc. etc in 2004 Chelsea came in and bought the sport, in 08 City did the same and by and large there the ones winning the trophies over the last 20 years.

even United the Monster Club that the are have won fuck all over the last 10 years!

we've been in finals including the CL final in the last decade and we've come up short ok, but this "it's a disgrace we haven't won more is extremely harsh. it's shit yes, and we've been close but no cigar. it's incredibly frustrating but we are competing with other very rich and very good sides who are as good as us.
no one's denying our great history and proud tradition but your inability to see the situation in the context of other clubs too is so insane I don't understand it.

We all love the club, we all want to win.

Yes of course they will, with the team they are putting together.
We can't even get 1 x CB for a pre season tour, I don't think there is any argument about the two clubs.
Well clearly from some. Liverpool and them want to do well, concentrate on football and act accordingly despite not being oil money.

I genuinely have no idea what our plan is. No DoF, still, and a lot of faces hanging around that have proved they arent good enough over anything from 1 to 9 seasons. There is just no urgency or real will to want to improve. We finished 8th, Levy was getting dogs abuse and its our last chance to convince Kane to stay. It should have lit a fire under them but its all so half hearted. If not now then when?

Well clearly from some. Liverpool and them want to do well, concentrate on football and act accordingly despite not being oil money.

I genuinely have no idea what our plan is. No DoF, still, and a lot of faces hanging around that have proved they arent good enough over anything from 1 to 9 seasons. There is just no urgency or real will to want to improve. We finished 8th, Levy was getting dogs abuse and its our last chance to convince Kane to stay. It should have lit a fire under them but its all so half hearted. If not now then when?
When ENIC go.

HAHAHAH.... What a dumb strawman job.

Sell the dregs and yet still play them?

................How's that meant to work, Einstein?
Well it's really rather simple, but I'm happy to spell it out for you.

You buy better centre backs, put them in the team, and then the team doesn't concede so many of those goal things.

Btw I wasn't making a strawman, I simply give zero fucks about having a cluttered squad. That's Levy's problem.
He will have to lower his valuations or simply release the excess players.

Obviously you don't understand what a strawman is.

The truth is horrible sometimes Dick.

They back their manager who finished as a runner up.
Sure, they signed their top targets regardless of what it cost them. They went hard at winning.

We’d love Levy to do that, just fucking once.

But they are still idiots that chose Havertz as a top target and they have also got the wrong Timber brother.

They bottled it last year and Arteta is the David Brent of managers.

Fuck the fake hype and help that get from media, refs and fixtures. Fuck woolwich, always.

You buy better centre backs, put them in the team, and then the team doesn't concede so many of those goal things.

Btw I wasn't making a strawman, I simply give zero fucks about having a cluttered squad. That's Levy's problem.

That’s the clubs problem. Levy doesn’t own the players. He can’t repurpose them to trim his hedges.

Complete madness.

I'm waiting for Alistair Gold claiming that Ange loves Joe Rodon and / or Tanganga.

Can only be a few days away.

Sure, they signed their top targets regardless of what it cost them. They went hard at winning.

We’d love Levy to do that, just fucking once.

But they are still idiots that chose Havertz as a top target and they have also got the wrong Timber brother.

They bottled it last year and Arteta is the David Brent of managers.

Fuck the fake hype and help that get from media, refs and fixtures. Fuck woolwich, always.
I think they have over-payed for Rice and I also have doubts about Havertz.

The point is they backed Arteta.

Arteta is half the manager Poch was by the end of the 2016 / 17 season.

Levy is an absolute joke of a chairman.

We all want Ange to do well and wish him all the luck in the world.

However; what do we really expect to happen?

For me Kane leaves before the current window closes and Spurs struggle to make top 7.

I think they have over-payed for Rice and I also have doubts about Havertz.

The point is they backed Arteta.

Arteta is half the manager Poch was by the end of the 2016 / 17 season.

Levy is an absolute joke of a chairman.

We all want Ange to do well and wish him all the luck in the world.

However; what do we really expect to happen?

For me Kane leaves before the current window closes and Spurs struggle to make top 7.
Can’t really argue with much of that.

and backed doesn’t even have to be about price.

They were the top 3 targets, they got all of them.

Out of interest, why is your username a tribute to George Graham?

Is there anything particular about him you respected. Genuine query, not trying to stir the hot pot that is this forum
It’s not a tribute to George Graham. It’s just George Graham.
I’ve made the point several times before:
It’s for those that think trophies are everything. George Graham DID win more trophies at Spurs that Poch , BMJ and Harry combined. Maybe winning trophies isn’t everything?

There was an increasing talking up of Woolwich last year — how they’ve been doing things right despite the undeniable fact that they’ve gone backwards under their current ownership. People who want Woolwich to win thinking it’s going to hurt Danny so much he sells up I We even have out very own Saka Fanboy — the only person who watches the EPL that thought Saka was POTY. So I’m trying to make them feel at home.

I’ll probably change it later this month. I don’t suppose the Admin will let me have ‘Los BellCamp’.

Back
Top Bottom