January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve been offered trossard by his agent. I suspect that’s the news. We’ve probably said no thanks. I can’t imagine it’s gone much further than that
A Paratici plate-spinning special, perhaps?

Certainly don't mind using it as a smoke screen if we're interested in somebody better. Trossard always struck me as a decent player, but not the 'upgrade' we need and his current behaviour is hardly reassuring.

Eh. This is probably not as one sided as it seems.

Should we exile Kane to the kids for his actions before the start of the 2021-22 season? And let's remember that Rose went awol and gave a rogue interview two weeks before the start of a season. Or how Berbatov acted, or Defoe whenever he was benched for more than a couple of games. Shit like this happens and players rebound from it.

Trossard had a really strong start to the season. But De Zerbi and him just doesn't seem to click at all. De Zerbi has been prickly with him in the press more or less since he arrived.

It's not ideal but I don't think it would make Trossard a no go for us or any team interested in him.
Trossard isn’t Harry Kane, so there’s that😅

You can get away with certain things if you’re an elite player.

It’s why City let Carlos Tevez back and LFC stuck by Suarez.

Mitoma has taken Trossard’s place so it’s not like Brighton will miss him.

monitoring
considering
preparing
anticipated
reconsidering
unexpected
challenging
reconsidering
unreasonable
ransom
goalposts
difficult
expensive
risky
reconsidering
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Smokescreen
would be more poetic if it started with considering and ended with reconsidering

Apparently that is the issue or at least that's what I read.

they want it all up front which is apparently quite unusual?
I suppose it's simply that they don't want, or need to sell him. Therefore the only way they let him go is on their terms, or by the law of the league that if someone slaps down 45 million euros on the boardroom table they have to release him from his contract.

Trossard signing makes sense if cheap. Replace Moura with someone who has shown good quality on the ball this season. Would compete on the left with Son and we can push Richy further forward. He can play LWB if needed, which would be helpful as Sess hasn’t looked up to it when coming in for Ivan.

A cheap deal could also open up funds for Porro. He’s not a sexy signing by any means and age isn’t on his side, but he’s a good player and would be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom