Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Phew

Take away Sanchez, Royle and the improvement is obvious. Wake up Sessengon and the improvement is even more obvious. 2-3 will feel better later. But that first 45 minutes was woeful. Absolutely woeful…. Mixed feelings, but ultimately 2-3 away from 2-0 is always special

Yes when we want to begs the question why not start like that get a goal or two ahead them conserve energy and play on the break.
Conte has clearly got the idea that it's impossible to play with such intensity every game, so he trying to ride out the opposition pressure for one half before going for it in the second.

Problem is that it's easy to end up 2 goals down, like we've done the last two games, and that laziness can become a habit. Being on the back foot can lead to fear and doubt, which you can't turn off like a switch.

Bentancur quickly confirming cult hero status.

Obviously thrilled with the turnaround but it was all on Conte that it was even required for setting us up like that.

That has to be the last time we see the Sanchez and Emerson combo.
The 352 only works with attacking full backs and ideally a creative CM (which we don't have).

Sess, Perisic, Lucas, Gil and Dier all produced more that Emerson on the right flank. That fraud should never play again.

Dier as a RCB should be the first Romero rotation option. Lenglet is fine as CCB.

Trouble with Gil - is that for all of his obvious trickery and control, it's a bit like watching an overwound, clockwork, headless chicken fizz about until the spring comes off.

He really is a last 10 minutes player, win a few fouls, maybe a pen - and that's about it.

Spence - you might as well wait for jimmy Greaves to get an outing with Conte in charge.
Wasn't wrong then..

As opposed to Chithouse No Hope.....

Didn't even celebrate the last minute winner. Sure something was going to be chalked off. Not even entertainment anymore.

Papering over the cracks.

Can I also say what a breath of fresh air it is to actually be threatening from corners.
We have pissed away so many seasons by not being able to score from set pieces. Without them this season, we'd be fucked.
Exactly this. It's not even worth celebrating against Bournemouth. We should be beating them 4-0, not suffering until the 93rd minute for a winner. I wouldn't care less if we lost today, and I don't care at all that we won. Performance is concerning, and I'm saying that as a massive Conte supporter.

Back
Top Bottom