We need someone to pick the lock

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not my words but AVBs last season in regard to gb.

I just hope he knows what he's doing. I do feel his signings so far are very, very similar. Including chadli.

I like Townsends emergence, I hope its because AVB has seen what we've all seen and is acting on it. I still think we are short of a cb and a lb and a playmaker.

Defoe can still do a job for us. And he wants too.

Even getting the Roma player doesn't finish the job. Who can we get at lb, cb and a playmaker?

Chiriches looks certain to come in. Speculation around the Roma LB, Ballzs (who knows hoe you spell that...). Then its a pretty accepted view that we need a CAM and speculation around Eriksen or hernanes. I think all three positions will bs settled

I think Lamela has a great eye for a pass & having players of the quality/power we have we'll learn to either our pass or physically grind our results. A lock picker is important & I feel, in time players like Paulie,Lamela & Erikson (jinx) will add that , then add Dembele,Sandro & Siggy to fill in . I think that AvB is looking for a team that has versatility as a key goal.

Quick feet, quick brains. I hope the gelling period is also quick

Sorry for edit -- my pretext is raping me

We can manage with what we have. if somehow we pull off Coentrao, Vlad and Eriksen then surely we have the most complete squad any of us has seen with our own eyes.

I think AVB is trying to turn us into more of a team. The teams that win things tend to have goals coming from all over the team and I think the new midfielders we have can all contribute to creativity. I think Lamela is a step forward in that regard but I agree we need someone central to pull the strings and I think we will go with Erikson. I think he is decent...though I admit I wish there was someone better (or rather, more guarenteed to be better).

@ , Levy's got you brah.
Christian-Eriksen-008.jpg

I think AVB is trying to turn us into more of a team. The teams that win things tend to have goals coming from all over the team and I think the new midfielders we have can all contribute to creativity.

This is very true though. I'm sure AVB had enough of relying on a lone player to do any given job last season.

I think AVB is trying to turn us into more of a team. The teams that win things tend to have goals coming from all over the team and I think the new midfielders we have can all contribute to creativity. I think Lamela is a step forward in that regard but I agree we need someone central to pull the strings and I think we will go with Erikson. I think he is decent...though I admit I wish there was someone better (or rather, more guarenteed to be better).

But it's so narrow. I trust in AVB I really do and let him build but all these players are so similar .

I'm not sure mate. There is no way he is the finished article.

In six Champs League games last season against Manchester City, Real Madrid, and Borussia Dortmund (note the latter two were a semifinalist and finalist respectively), he provided a goal and four assists. City couldn't even hope to handle him in the Amsterdam feature. For Ajax this season, he's already put away four goals in five games.

And Levy said, Let there be creativity: and there was creativity.
And Levy saw the creativity, that it was good: and Levy divided the creativity from the semicircle attack of mediocrity.
And Levy called the creativity Eriksen, and the semicircle he called Last Season. And the immediate injection of more through balls and higher pace of play were the first Eriksen.

Last edited:
I'm not sure mate. There is no way he is the finished article.

he is a proper two footed little creative playmaker though

lets be honest whoever we put infront of Sandro and Paulinho or Capoue and Dembele will have one hell of a base to work off

Siggy has upset me in that position but I think Eriksen will be far better suited

something about Eriksen is just very spursy.........

Truth is. AND I KNOW ITS EARLY DAYS(c) capoue is the player I think that will make it.

I think Pauly and chads are coasting at the mo. my only hope is that its a wc year....

Eriksen has had 46 assists in the last two seasons. And this...

Sounds like an excellent lock picker.

I thought Pauli did pretty damn well against Swansea last week aside from losing composure a couple times in the box. First game for a foreigner at his first big European club in front of her home fans, some nerves are to be expected. He'll get it going alright. But yeah, Capoue is IMO the jewel of our window to date. Dude hit the ground sprinting for gold.

Truth is. AND I KNOW ITS EARLY DAYS(c) capoue is the player I think that will make it.

I think Pauly and chads are coasting at the mo. my only hope is that its a wc year....

I think Paulinho has been class so far, unlucky not to have scored a couple a real box to box threat. Chadli has shown glimpses and I reckon he'll settle in really well over the season too. I'm not worried about either tbh they both are clearly quality. They'll also both benefit from Eriksen slotting in behind the striker. Capoue has been quality too but in the last match there was afew times he didn't show alot of urgency getting back into position but that's just me knit picking really. I've been really impressed with Rose at LB too think he's looked quality and has a real good engine to get up and down the flank, could see him pushing gibbs for an England spot tbh. I think all our signings have shown they will all settle in and be quality, goals are coming for Paulinho and Chadli soon, hopefully on Sunday along with Soldado. My biggest disappointment so far is Siggy, I was hoping he'd beable to slot in that 10 role and show his quality but he's been very meh although admittedly we are only 3 games in lol

We can manage with what we have. if somehow we pull off Coentrao, Vlad and Eriksen then surely we have the most complete squad any of us has seen with our own eyes.
If we get them then literally anyone on the field could be a potential goal scorer (Minus Lloris, which doesn't make sense wasn't he a striker as a youngin) but think about it if

Soldado/Defoe
Chadli/Lemla, Eriksen, Townsend/Lenon
Demele Paulihno Sandro Capou Holtby, Siggi
Rose Vertonghen Vlad Walker Kaboul Walker

I mean seriously, I know Bales gone, but if every player got at least 2 goals this season thats what 38ish goals, I mean seriously Bale or no Bale this could be the best squad Tottenham has ever seen.

I think Paulinho has been class so far, unlucky not to have scored a couple a real box to box threat. Chadli has shown glimpses and I reckon he'll settle in really well over the season too. I'm not worried about either tbh they both are clearly quality. They'll also both benefit from Eriksen slotting in behind the striker. Capoue has been quality too but in the last match there was afew times he didn't show alot of urgency getting back into position but that's just me knit picking really. I've been really impressed with Rose at LB too think he's looked quality and has a real good engine to get up and down the flank, could see him pushing gibbs for an England spot tbh. I think all our signings have shown they will all settle in and be quality, goals are coming for Paulinho and Chadli soon, hopefully on Sunday along with Soldado. My biggest disappointment so far is Siggy, I was hoping he'd beable to slot in that 10 role and show his quality but he's been very meh although admittedly we are only 3 games in lol

I love that you have seen rose like I have. I would like Townsend and rose given their chance together. It's too early to say anything remotely correct about our new signings. But I do think they are too narrow. And they are very similar.n

Dat Townsend dough

Townsend looks to be a proper player and has really impressed, with him emerging and the signing of Lamela I think wee Aaron could be seeing alot less playing time than he's use too. Rose and Townsend are great examples to our other youth players though, especially if they go from strength to strength this season and play a part in some success. Hopefully they steer clear of the club scene too and continue to work on and improve their footballing abilities. We've got quite afew youth players on the fringes now who could hopefully make an impact in the not to distant future.

Back
Top Bottom