Which Spurs Flop should have been given more time?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dr Rocktopus

🎃🦇🎃🦇🎃
Any players you think could have blossomed if given more time with us. I'm factoring in their talent in relation to the quality of their team mates, and how being surrounded by good players could have seen them fulfil their potential.

I know I'll be shot down for this but I still think Gio dos Santos had the raw talent to do well if given a run in the first team. He showed glimpses of brilliance despite almost entirely playing in 2nd string Cup sides.

Not at all a flop but Gazza would have been a world beater for years had we not had to sell him and had he not tried to go out in a blaze of glory for us that left him partially crippled and mentally scarred.

Any players you think could have blossomed if given more time with us. I'm factoring in their talent in relation to the quality of their team mates, and how being surrounded by good players could have seen them fulfil their potential.

I know I'll be shot down for this but I still think Gio dos Santos had the raw talent to do well if given a run in the first team. He showed glimpses of brilliance despite almost entirely playing in 2nd string Cup sides.
He did have a good run in the nightclubs though

Nico clausen. iirc got in the summer before Clive Allen did his 49 goal season. Talk about timing. But he would have been half decent I think.

If the only criteria is “given more time” then it’s got to be Greaves. Imagine how many more goals he could have scored for us if we hadn’t sold him?

it is the question, did we sell him because he started to slide or did he slide because we sold him?

And cost us a goal in a cup final.
I’m absolutely sure that he wouldn’t have gone clattering in the way he did had he been staying. He loved Spurs a lot and us fans. He so wanted to go off in a blaze of glory by winning the cup on the pitch with us, rather than sitting in a hospital bed in pieces. How badly it turned out for him that day. For all his faults I will always have a soft spot for the crazy bastard and wonder how things may have turned out had we not been in a situation where we had to sell him. The bloke was a bloody genius on the pitch.

I’m absolutely sure that he wouldn’t have gone clattering in the way he did had he been staying. He loved Spurs a lot and us fans. He so wanted to go off in a blaze of glory by winning the cup on the pitch with us, rather than sitting in a hospital bed in pieces. How badly it turned out for him that day. For all his faults I will always have a soft spot for the crazy bastard and wonder how things may have turned out had we not been in a situation where we had to sell him. The bloke was a bloody genius on the pitch.
And he has always said he was happiest when with us.

And he has always said he was happiest when with us.
That for me is the saddest part of all. A wonderful footballer who was getting better and better. Sold when he would have been happy to stay, trying too damn hard to make sure his last game would end gloriously for him and us fans. Whilst he went on to have a great career, I think things would have been better for him had he been given longer at THFC

El Hamdaoui
Walker Peters
Veljkovic
Edwards
Richards - injury so different
Boateng

Dos Santos was good at Ipswich..

Back
Top Bottom