Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I ain't piping down about nothing. read your post again before quoting your mate lawyer, you said it was caused by stadium running. Is that what your lawyer mate says? he didn't get far with that did he?
If you say different then give us your insider knowledge, that goes against numerous enquiries.. if not, then it's sun reader bollocks.
There’s loads of stuff that didn’t come out in the enquiry & there were political reasons behind those decisions…but I’m not posting it on a public forum. Suffice it to say that the unused material alone took entire legal teams 2 years to sift through before the enquiry date was even fixed.
Are you saying that all the fans who turned up at Heysel & Hillsborough had tickets and formed an orderly queue to get in?
And to this day, it’s what scousers do.
No ticket. No problem.

Last edited:
Not saying that at all. Saying, as the enquiry did, that they put loads of fans into one pen and didn't into the others. And that even after the fans on pitch used advertising boards as stretchers, begged police to help, were demonised by certain Murdoch rags and politicians including the current pm, as causing it, including pissing on the dead, robbing them. All disproved by the enquiry.

All turned up with tickets forming an orderly queue? Yeah that's what I said isn't it. I know for a fact loads of us got in to Coventry final without tickets, squeezed through those gates. Hillsborough was different to turning up without tickets. it was due to total indifference by Duckenfield and others giving no fucks as to working class fans being put into a pen that was already full; walking to their death. As the enquiry showed. Come on, give us the truth, you're not giving anyone's name away by doing so on here. remember you said it was due to 'stadium running'.
Working class fans were treated like shit during the 80s. '85 had the miner's strike, Thatcher had her agenda especially post Millwall Luton, anything went for the OB.
So, your lawyer mate, who's arguments were dismissed, let us know what they were, without giving him up; stadium running you said; surely you can give us some stuff? those that were crushed by fences and by indifference from the OB, after indifference from the planners like Duckenfield.. what was different to that?

Not saying that at all. Saying, as the enquiry did, that they put loads of fans into one pen and didn't into the others. And that even after the fans on pitch used advertising boards as stretchers, begged police to help, were demonised by certain Murdoch rags and politicians including the current pm, as causing it, including pissing on the dead, robbing them. All disproved by the enquiry.

All turned up with tickets forming an orderly queue? Yeah that's what I said isn't it. I know for a fact loads of us got in to Coventry final without tickets, squeezed through those gates. Hillsborough was different to turning up without tickets. it was due to total indifference by Duckenfield and others giving no fucks as to working class fans being put into a pen that was already full; walking to their death. As the enquiry showed. Come on, give us the truth, you're not giving anyone's name away by doing so on here. remember you said it was due to 'stadium running'.
Working class fans were treated like shit during the 80s. '85 had the miner's strike, Thatcher had her agenda especially post Millwall Luton, anything went for the OB.
So, your lawyer mate, who's arguments were dismissed, let us know what they were, without giving him up; stadium running you said; surely you can give us some stuff? those that were crushed by fences and by indifference from the OB, after indifference from the planners like Duckenfield.. what was different to that?
Who said his arguments were dismissed? Making an assumption there I’d say.

there was much more to the enquiry than just the 14 questions the Jury were asked to adjudicate on.
I ain’t getting into it further because I’ve more respect for confidentiality than to go into specifics with some random bloke on a public forum.

I’m just glad there were no fucks ups from the French Police last night who tear gassed them instead of waving them through or tuning a blind eye.
But of course the excuses will follow that it was the Police, UEFA etc at fault. They already want an investigation into it.
Tragedies have and will happen when lots of people turn up without tickets to sold out events and try whatever means possible to get in.
So it’s my firm opinion that the scousers have learned nothing from the 80’s and the two tragedies their fans were involved in

Again you are hiding behind the no arguments with what happened last night. Nowhere have I come to any judgement that the mickeys were blameless last night; far from it and even called them out for entitlement, arrogance, victimhood for other stuff over the years, and maybe last night. In fact the rush to blame others for last night was expected.

I said blame them for what they are guilty of; but blame the media, police etc for what they are.
and the latter is Hillsborough.

You seem determined to blame them for Hillsborough as well. Now you're hiding behind not wanting to tell some random bloke on the internet (aren't we all? Mrs P, Carrie F aside)

I ain’t getting into it further because I’ve more respect for confidentiality than to go into specifics with some random bloke on a public forum.

Again I will state, it's simple; give some generalised arguments as to 'stadium running' that caused Hillsborough.. no confidences need be betrayed. Stadium running is what you said. Turning up without tickets isn't what I said, although you keep trying to say I did.
Loads of fans turn up to loads of games without tickets. FFS in my last years at WHL I'd turn up without a ticket with no intention of going to the game, much preferred the boozer with old skool mates.
No names, no pack drill.. just some arguments that go against the enquiry.. some arguments that say that stadium running caused Hillsborough. It's what you said.
They didn't run into the fences. Some pens were empty. Some were so overcrowded at direction of OB that nearly a 100 died. And even those that tried to help the dying were demonised over two decades.
Or give it up.

Again you are hiding behind the no arguments with what happened last night. Nowhere have I come to any judgement that the mickeys were blameless last night; far from it and even called them out for entitlement, arrogance, victimhood for other stuff over the years, and maybe last night. In fact the rush to blame others for last night was expected.

I said blame them for what they are guilty of; but blame the media, police etc for what they are.

You seem determined to blame them for Hillsborough as well. Now you're hiding behind not wanting to tell some random bloke on the internet (aren't we all? Mrs P, Carrie F aside)

Again I will state, it's simple; give some generalised arguments as to 'stadium running' that caused Hillsborough.. no confidences need be betrayed. Stadium running is what you said. Turning up without tickets isn't what I said, although you keep trying to say I did.
Loads of fans turn up to loads of games without tickets. FFS in my last years at WHL I'd turn up without a ticket with no intention of going to the game, much preferred the boozer with old skool mates.
No names, no pack drill.. just some arguments that go against the enquiry.. some arguments that say that stadium running caused Hillsborough. It's what you said.
They didn't run into the fences. Some pens were empty. Some were so overcrowded at direction of OB that nearly a 100 died. And even those that tried to help the dying were demonised over two decades.
Or give it up.
Please stfu

so what do you actually disagree with about my post?
I said I was in a dilapidated crumbling brussels stadium for our final in 84. And that the sort of in running in grounds was rife for years before that. Birmingham Leeds same year, fella killed by a crumbling wall.
I also mentioned that there should be a memorial for Heysel victims.

Hillsborough, wasn't their fault, anymore than our lucky escape was in '81.
It wasn't as you said due to stadium running. FFs how many enquiries have shown that and you're repeating Sun Kelvin McKenzie crap?!
If anything, they shoulda learnt from our experience in '81. They didn't and didn't give fuck. the authorities I mean. Blame the scousers for what they're guilty of, not for stuff that coulda happened to us.
And I did in my post. Said if they're guilty of steaming into ground ticketless, then they need to be called out for it big time.
from your reply, I don't think you've read my post at all. I blamed the authorities for Hillsborough, and mostly for Heysel; called scousers out for lack of contrition on the latter. and tonight if they did what reports say, even more so given history of Hillsborough.

???
The crumbling wall at Heysel had nothing to do with the deaths of the Juve fans, in fact the wall falling down actually saved a lot of peoples lives

The deaths occurred from Liverpool fans crushing Juve fans up against said wall

They are/were completely and utterly to blame for Heysel

Scum

Or give it up.
To quote the scouse, “give it a rest lad”. Liverpool fans wish TAA could’ve defend for them half as well last night as you’re doing here.

Last edited:
All these news interviews, all the reporters crying about how they were treated. Yes, the Police may have been heavy, but what do they do, just open the turnstiles and let thousands of supporters enter and risk crushes and injuries.. Another Heysel or Hillsborough ? Isn't this part of the lessons that were learnt, to try and prevent another happening.

Anyway, NOT one of these interviews or reports are vilifying those trying to gain entry on fake tickets, or indeed no tickets and trying to vault the security fences.

Always the victims..

Oh.... and if they had won, there would have been none of this side of the coverage.

All these news interviews, all the reporters crying about how they were treated. Yes, the Police may have been heavy, but what do they do, just open the turnstiles and let thousands of supporters enter and risk crushes and injuries.. Another Heysel or Hillsborough ? Isn't this part of the lessons that were learnt, to try and prevent another happening.

Anyway, NOT one of these interviews or reports are vilifying those trying to gain entry on fake tickets, or indeed no tickets and trying to vault the security fences.

Always the victims..

Oh.... and if they had won, there would have been none of this side of the coverage.
They said about 60,000 went to Paris without tickets, fair enough if you watch it in a bar or big screen but it looks like a lot went to the stadium. If you go to the stadium without a ticket you are already a problem.

No problem at the Madrid end with tickets at turnstiles ... I guess they had some kind of special anti-scouse turnstiles installed specially for the Liverpool fans because obviously none of them had fake tickets.

:kanehand:

ok, so you weren't disagreeing with my post, but my point is to call the mickeys out for everything else, but not Hillsborough. I include their plane crashing mimicking to the mancs for decades in that, yet expecting sympathy for anything happening to them, but nothing for their own behaviour at times.

For our younger lot who may not know how easily it could've been us and other fans giving us the victim tag, here's a vid.

Eye the Scouse are scum at times but Hillsborough was only ever the police and stadium organizers fault. We got lucky that day for sure they didn't

I got to the stadium about an hour and a half before kick off in madrid and there were still at least a thousand dipper fans outside my gate trying to convince the security guards to let them in

They’re famous for it and then moan when people get hurt

Also they don’t realise that for every one of the cunts that gets in without a ticket, that’s potentially a kid or an older fan that’s gone down the correct routes and spent lots of money to actually get a ticket, not getting in

They’re absolute selfish scum and it’s no coincidence it’s always them involved

They said about 60,000 went to Paris without tickets, fair enough if you watch it in a bar or big screen but it looks like a lot went to the stadium. If you go to the stadium without a ticket you are already a problem.

No problem at the Madrid end with tickets at turnstiles ... I guess they had some kind of special anti-scouse turnstiles installed specially for the Liverpool fans because obviously none of them had fake tickets.

:kanehand:
Perhaps for these big events , UEFA should look towards festival like security , it will add extra cost but they make a fortune anyway & safety doesn’t really have a cost

ok, so you weren't disagreeing with my post, but my point is to call the mickeys out for everything else, but not Hillsborough. I include their plane crashing mimicking to the mancs for decades in that, yet expecting sympathy for anything happening to them, but nothing for their own behaviour at times.

For our younger lot who may not know how easily it could've been us and other fans giving us the victim tag, here's a vid.

Being in that section that day in the lower terrace as a 14 year old lad, it was one of the most frightening things I have ever experienced, now I think back on it. At the time I probably thought it was quite exciting.... Felt completely out of control, was just being pushed with the force of the crowd. Remember my step-dad pretty much grabbing me by the back of my shirt and dragging me with himself under a barrier and so it was behind us - meaning that the ensuing crush was against the barrier and not directly on us.
We were trying to help others do the same. While people were screaming for the gates to be opened, people were trying to get up to the upper tier and falling backwards from standing on the barrier, anything to escape the crush.

We got there well ahead of kick-off as well, but as it got closer you could just sense the crush starting.
I don't recall any reports from our incident, saying people were trying to get in without tickets etc. But, I had seen other incidents at games, where stewards/police actually opened the exit gates to let people in as kick off approached. It just seemed to be something they did. Football fans were seen as and treated as animals that needed herding in many cases

Back
Top Bottom