Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:dembelelol:

Lads and lasses, just step away from this thread. It's 95% bullshit and yet every window, every tweet in and leading up to the window you treat as though it's real and rage and speculate on if they are good or not.

The weather is getting warmer, the sun is out, go to a boozer, or cafe and meet some real people.

So are we supposed to be signing Eriksen or Jude Law?

So in one news article today they say Levy is reluctant in paying £51m for Bastoni ... while another article is saying he's ready to pay £45+ to get Cucurella 🤔 :cool:

Chelsea will have to fork out £45m for Brighton star Marc Cucurella if they want to win transfer race​

CHELSEA must pay at least £45million to win the race for Brighton defender Marc Cucurella.

And they will also have to see off Manchester City and Tottenham to land the Spanish left-back.

Blues boss Thomas Tuchel, buoyed by the news that Todd Boehly’s £4.25billion takeover of the club has cleared its final hurdle, is plotting a major overhaul of his defence.

Cucurella fits the bill after a standout first season in England following a £15.4million transfer from Spanish outfit Getafe. Tuchel is braced to lose left-back Marcos Alonso, who is keen to return to Spain.

Chelsea’s other player to fill that slot is Ben Chilwell and he only returned to action last weekend following a major knee injury.

Cucurella, 23, feels loyalty to Brighton but admits that interest from newly-crowned Premier League champions City is hard to dismiss.

He said: “If the opportunity arises, you have to take advantage of it. There are teams that you can’t say no to.”

Tuchel is hoping Chelsea is on that list — but bitter rivals Spurs are also keen on Cucurella.

And a three-way bidding scrap could kick off.

Chelsea’s transfer ban, imposed when the Government sanctioned outgoing owner Roman Abramovich following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, should be lifted once Boehly’s takeover is complete.

The final potential obstacle was removed when the Portuguese government authorised the sale of the club.

That had to be done as Russian oligarch Abramovich has a Portuguese passport.

All that remains now is for Chelsea to officially announce that Boehly has bought the Londoners.

Then Tuchel — who has already lost centre-halves Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen — can get to work on bringing in his summer targets.

As well as Cucurella, Sevilla’s French centre-half Jules Kounde, 23, is on Tuchel’s wanted list.

That article doesn't say we're happy to pay £45m for Cucurella.

Spurs in the Champions League
Spurs in the new stadium with fans
Spurs with Conte
Spurs paying going rate salaries

I would expect so much more than the likes of Gil, Royal etc. Those "who are they" type players than pissed Danny Rose off.
Not saying we need to go and sign proper household names, but people we are at least aware exist before we're linked.

We need players who are good. Doesn’t matter if we’ve heard of them or not. That’s why we have a scouting system and a director of football.

Everyone had heard of Ndombele before he rolled up here (off the back of two CL matches against City) but how did that turn out?

Spurs in the Champions League
Spurs in the new stadium with fans
Spurs with Conte
Spurs paying going rate salaries

I would expect so much more than the likes of Gil, Royal etc. Those "who are they" type players than pissed Danny Rose off.
Not saying we need to go and sign proper household names, but people we are at least aware exist before we're linked.

So like Danny, unless you've heard of them they must be shit?

Fucks sake.... This January should have taught some of you a valuable lesson, but nope.... Apparently not.

So like Danny, unless you've heard of them they must be shit?

Fucks sake.... This January should have taught some of you a valuable lesson, but nope.... Apparently not.
Swear Rose himself was a fucking nobody until he signed for Spurs?

True, but I think Levy was still drinking the Hitchen Kool-Aid. When Hitch got fucked off mid season I think that's when Paratici really took over.

Hitchen was a lame duck the second Paratici walked in the door, by all accounts he was essentially put on gardening leave except they let him sit on the touch line.

Swear Rose himself was a fucking nobody until he signed for Spurs?

That’s what’s funny, did Danny think Berbatov was jizzing himself when we signed Danny Rose from League One Leeds for £1m?

Where has that come from?

booty GIF

True, but I think Levy was still drinking the Hitchen Kool-Aid. When Hitch got fucked off mid season I think that's when Paratici really took over.

Fab took over in July 21.

Hitchen left in Feb 22.

You honestly think that January trf window was a Levy/Hitchen effort?

Why are so many down on Richarlison? He kept Everton up.
Because he's an arrogant egotistical dick who's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. True he has the odd moment but he's consistently ordinary and we don't want a prima Donna sub Ronaldo type
He's not a team player imo. Out for personal glory.

We need players who are good. Doesn’t matter if we’ve heard of them or not. That’s why we have a scouting system and a director of football.

Everyone had heard of Ndombele before he rolled up here (off the back of two CL matches against City) but how did that turn out?
I totally agree. I just meant signing players that are actually worth buying rather than punts on ones that are one or two tiers below what our rivals want.

Oh ffs, he was never going anywhere to begin with. Especially since that cash infusion was announced.
Well you didn’t think the media was going to let all the good vibes happen at Spurs did you? They hate to see us succeed so they will make up any bullshit stories to unsettle fans

Back
Top Bottom