Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

953.gif

I so don't want us to sign Eriksen for some reason... It's the same feeling i had about Dempsey:avbnaa:.

Who was played out of position and still went on to be the team's second highest scorer. He wasn't the best pickup for what Spurs needed, but he wasn't awful. This Eriksen fella is actually what Spurs need at the moment. I'll be the first to eat my words if he arrives and is a shitshow, but it is imperative we deliver some impetus into our presence in the attacking middle. At this moment we will not get it done against better sides.

I can understand the opinion in not preferring Eriksen individually, but it is unfathomable to me to suggest we don't need an upgrade at CAM.
Two problems with this in my opinion.

#1: It's highly questionable how much we're actually going to be playing with a CAM this season, and
#2: Is he really an upgrade? I haven't seen him play, but a lot of people have made very convincing arguments that he's overrated, and that his form has sunk as well.

Two problems with this in my opinion.

#1: It's highly questionable how much we're actually going to be playing with a CAM this season, and
#2: Is he really an upgrade? I haven't seen him play, but a lot of people have made very convincing arguments that he's overrated, and that his form has sunk as well.

1: Regardless of whether it's a "#10" or a "CAM" or "pressing midfielder," that position must have more creativity if we're to compete for honors.
2: I feel so because Siggy simply isn't getting it done, but like I said I can see how others could disagree.

@ cahspur cahspur Why you ducking me homie? I said Dempsey has weak ass game.

And I say that's ridiculous because whilst having the touch of a rapist, he still contributed more than a majority of the squad and stepped up to bail Spurs out a fair number of times. FFS, it's almost 100 years after the first incident and America is still having to bail the Brits out.

His touch was shit and he was one of the most infuriating players of last season. That having been said, we need Eriksen.

Fair enough, to each their own. And not criticizing, but curious as to who you feel is a Tottenham player who could step into that role and perform?
Are we speaking hypothetically? Mata, Ozil, Mkhitaryan.
Realistically, Holtby. When he played at the U21 Championship, he looked like exactly the player we need. It's time for him to step up.

Are we speaking hypothetically? Mata, Ozil, Mkhitaryan.
Realistically, Holtby. When he played at the U21 Championship, he looked like exactly the player we need. It's time for him to step up.

I completely agree with you. He's the player I was most looking forward to seeing perform this season. However, we do need two people for each position. I thought Siggy did quite well on the left wing last year and I'd like to see him pushed back over there to compete with Chadli. Eriksen and Holtby rotating in the CAM would be excellent IMO. Unfortunately, we have no idea when Holtby is set to return or when he'll get to 100%. This is exactly why we need the backup. I do not want to see us go into the Emirates with Siggy playing that role. I don't think it will turn out well for us.

Why does everyone want Eriksen so badly? He's not the player everyone thinks he is. He has been shit for Denmark for awhile now and has been outshone by Siem De Jong and Viktor Fischer at Ajax. He's definitely not progressing as everyone thought he would've. If we have the money than Willian would be a much better buy.

Why does everyone want Eriksen so badly? He's not the player everyone thinks he is. He has been shit for Denmark for awhile now and has been outshone by Siem De Jong and Viktor Fischer at Ajax. He's definitely not progressing as everyone thought he would've. If we have the money than Willian would be a much better buy.

I would prefer Willian. However, were we to go with Eriksen, I could still hold on to that string of hope we'll yet see Bale feature in lillywhite again. I still think Eriksen would be a great buy, he performed quite well in the Champions League last season. It could simply be a case of high expectations at a young age and the moves he's considered and hoped for having panned out, so he festered out a bit last year. With a new challenge and a more competitive squad, it could just be the spark he needs to get his shit going again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom