Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if there is another top-half top-flight club whose second string seem as totally unbothered as ours do when facing supposedly "second string" opponents?

It strips my gears how little they are looking to impress the boss.
Many of their contracts probably exceed Contes initial one lol

Yeah yeah, I guess that is sadly true. I don't want it to be, but it is. :( I still hope we can persuade someone to part with £30-40m if we agree to pay some of his wages, but I realise even that doesn't seem likely right now. Fucking pathetic lazy bastard - most of us would most likely give our left testicle to have the opportunity and ability that he has, never mind just 'run about a bit and try'. :(

I think Spurs would grab £30m with both hands if we were offered it - that's the going rate for a poor level PL midfield player now I would think (we are offering circa £20m for Traore) .

But even assuming shows some interest in playing at his next club, I doubt if they would want to pay more than, say £100k pw (£5m pa) and even that might be generous.

With Ndomble having 3 years left on his contract, I think we end up having to knock about £15m+ (3 years of excess wages) off any purchase money we might be offered so £30m less £15m,,,,,,,

Tanguy Ndombele, get the fuck out our club you lazy fat sack of shit.

Dele Ali, you have had you’re chances. Now fuck off to Newcastle shit cunt!!

Doherty, you don’t even deserve to be a professional football, Cunt!!!

Rodon - useless Cunt!!!

Gollini - Eminem wanker!!!!!

These players are simply not good enough
Fully agree

I think Spurs would grab £30m with both hands if we were offered it - that's the going rate for a poor level PL midfield player now I would think (we are offering circa £20m for Traore) .

But even assuming shows some interest in playing at his next club, I doubt if they would want to pay more than, say £100k pw (£5m pa) and even that might be generous.

With Ndomble having 3 years left on his contract, I think we end up having to knock about £15m+ (3 years of excess wages) off any purchase money we might be offered so £30m less £15m,,,,,,,

Indeed.

If we cover 50% wages that means we still owe him £18m (42 months @ 200kpw = 36.4m / 2) which would essentially be deducted from any potential trf fee.

It’s like shit to a blanket , we’re stuck with him unfortunately!!

Out of all the shit since Kane started working for Man City in the summer through Nuno and now into Conte era, the best thing to happen has been the apparent resurgence of Harry Winks. I hope he continues in this way and becomes the legendary midfielder we all know he can be.

No club is going to touch them with a effing barge pole. How the hell do you off load them without Levy taking a massive financial hit. Plus the greedy bastards ain’t going to take a dip in their pockets, we are buggered

Ndombele is halfway through his contract so from an accounting perspective the club would need to get £30m for him. They’ll be lucky to find someone who wants to spend £3m!

I haven’t been convinced since day one.

Alli isn't a centre forward, any normal club would have more than one and play the 2nd striker instead. He's on the list to leave of course and Conte will be desperate for another striker, we're a Kane injury away from having nothing up front and he knows it.

Lo Celsius is a weird one, ever since he joined he's struggled to kick the ball very hard when shooting. I don't think he's lazy, just not that good from what I've seen. Willing but lacks quality and physical presence.

Ndom is quite clearly done, isn't suited to the Prem at all.

Rodon isn't wanted by Conte and he played today like he knew it. Hard after not playing and coming into a 2nd string team isn't easy either but he looked nervy and lacking in confidence. Also on the list of outs.

Tanganga also lacked confidence today but he'll stay as back up, Has room for improvement. If we only played 2 CBs he'd benefit from a loan.

Doherty is on the list of outs. Seems quite willing but lacks quality.

Gil we have to wait and see on. Very willing, technical, but lacks a bit of composure. Could go either way for him at Spurs.

Sess needs to remain injury free, if he does he could do well at Spurs. Not sure why Conte swapped the WBs over, sure he had his reasons.

Winks did ok, will remain as a squad player, same goes for Davies.

Couldn't assess the keeper today but would be better to have a home grown one as Gol never plays.

Conte knew all this before today of course and nothing that happened today will have changed his thinking around transfer outs and ins.

Horrific situation. Perhaps the best thing we can do is dump him in the reserves / youth squad, get ourselves into the top 4, and show him what he could be a part of if he really wanted it, see if he changes his tune signicantly, then either keep him or sell him if he does. From the calcs that you and Airfixx Airfixx have provided, I can't see us letting him go in Jan, seems like a better gamble to try to get player out of him somehow. :/

Back
Top Bottom