Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that would be the attribute that most managers would praise in him. He might not be Danny Blanchflower or Ossie Ardiles but he'll do what you tell him.
Actually the reason I said that was because Jose had the same mission for Winks to become a bolder more progressive midfielder, but he got even worse during that period.

Was it a poor coach or a player not listening? Tough to say, but Conte is bringing out the player Poch crafted and slowly lost.

And breathe. Just shows how reliant we are on our first eleven.
Between Ryan and Tiddly for my MOTM, and I thought Gio did well second half, after hardly touching the ball in the first 30 minutes.
Dele is done, isn't he. There was still a part of me that was hoping he could still turn it around. But if he can't put a decent performance against third division strugglers, then all hope us gone :(

As I said, it leaves us with a difficult dilemma. I think you're being a bit melodramatic though - if we said he could go for £10m I bet you there would be clubs all over Europe who would bite your hand off for that deal. But we can't regularly pay £50m+ for players then let them go a couple of years later for peanuts. So it's a case of how much we could get for him. I'm obviously not naive enough to think we can get £50m for N'Dombele right now - as I said that's the problem - but equally we can't really let him go for £10m if we want to have a sustainable business (and therefore club). You might be able to do that occasionally with one player, but you can't do it with 3 or 4 every years as seems to be suggested on here.

The real issue though is his wages @ £200k pw or £10m pa £ years to go on his contract I think) - with anyone taking on that wage means the fee anyone is prepared to pay will be low to compensate, so sadly £10m might be all anyone will pay

Ndombele is owed 42 months wages @ 200kpw.

= approx £36.4m

Even if we gave him away that's a big undertaking for anyone but the top 6/7 richest clubs in the world (who likely don't even want him).

We are literally gonna have to pay to get rid of him unless he'll agree to rip up his deal..... WHich of course he won't cos he's a fucking parasite.

Absolute shit-show.
But then what do we do with him? If we did as you suggest, and really work him into the ground, make him hate life at Spurs, and then later terminate the contract by mutual consent, then we'll be £50m+ down the drain - I wonder if we can flog him for say £30-40m abroad with an offer to pay half his wages? That would be an atrocious outcome from a financial point of view, but as you imply, I'm not sure what else we can do, perhaps sometimes you have to just take the hit and minimise the damage as best you can. It's a fucking disaster of a transfer, quite possibly our worst ever whenever when you consider transfer fee, wages, and reason for poor performance (his attitude it seems). :(

From a purely footballing point of view though btw, he's a fucking cunt. I don't use that phrase as liberally as many on here, but I bet I'm not alone in saying that if I had his ability and opportunity, I'd fucking kill myself on the field for Spurs. It's tragic that so much ability has been wasted on such a pathetic human being. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom