Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are focused too much on Adama's individual numbers and not what he can bring to the whole squad. He adds chaos, can make a defense move out of sorts and will always gain the attention of defenders. Even if he doesn't score, that is helping our other attackers and opens space, something we are extremely lacking right now.

Bringing him on in the 60th minute when we need a goal or to help counter against the top teams will only help our team. It's not like we are signing him to be a starter every match. We need starters, but we need more bench options as well.

Do you realize there’s virtually no space when playing against low block?
Strange. I could have sworn watching City and Liverpool they seem to always find space against low blocks. You won't have space all match but it's up to the attackers moving to create the little space required to make a chance. Like Lucas and Son did against Watford on Son's chance that was saved. Or Kane's miss, or the runs Lucas made that Emerson missed the cross..... There is always opportunities to create space, teams will make mistakes when defending 90 minutes.

Strange. I could have sworn watching City and Liverpool they seem to always find space against low blocks. You won't have space all match but it's up to the attackers moving to create the little space required to make a chance. Like Lucas and Son did against Watford on Son's chance that was saved. Or Kane's miss, or the runs Lucas made that Emerson missed the cross..... There is always opportunities to create space, teams will make mistakes when defending 90 minutes.

People can see how shit we’ve been for years against deep lying defences, and then when the aim is to sign a battering ram to blow the doors apart it’s all “waaaah there’s no space”

Do you realize there’s virtually no space when playing against low block?

There was plenty of space for Emerson against Watford, the reason they left him was because they know he cannot beat players, he can’t take on two players and drive into the box.

I get why people don’t want him but his skill set is all about carrying the ball from deep turning defence into attack, beating the press and most of all creating space for others because the opposition has to double or triple mark him, that’s very different to any player we have.

Last edited:
Acceleration into limited space can be useful against teams in a low block. People act like low block = all their players standing on the goal line. Good teams can still find space, via dribbling and quick passing. Adama might help with the former, we also need players to help with the latter.

I can hear the foundations being laid down already by some for whatever Traore does never being good enough, and when he does something right it was luck or thanks to Kane’s run distracting the whole opposing defence
Okay, so put your money where your mouth is... If we sign Traore, perhaps you can agree not to slag him off till the end of the season?
I feel for 20M Adama will offer more than Royale, Winks and Bergwijn combined

The fact that I think he'll flop makes me want him because all the players that I reckon will do well end up being shit.

Logic.

:contethumb:

Just curious, but what are his passing skills and awareness like? Obviously he can get the ball up and through midfield but once he gets to the attack what does he do with the ball? Not referring to goals and assists, just his ability to move the ball to the right point once he's broken through. I'm not impressed by those aspects of his game but I'll be the first to say I haven't seen him often enough to pass judgment.

Just curious, but what are his passing skills and awareness like? Obviously he can get the ball up and through midfield but once he gets to the attack what does he do with the ball? Not referring to goals and assists, just his ability to move the ball to the right point once he's broken through. I'm not impressed by those aspects of his game but I'll be the first to say I haven't seen him often enough to pass judgment.
Basically, he tries to run to the touchline and dink it between the penalty spot and 6yd box. I think he was quite effective for Wolves when they had Jiminez, Doherty and Jota getting into the box and all strong in the air and active to subsequent rebounds.

His awareness and general ability with the ball is actually better when I've seen him recently, he's playing through central areas more and crossing less, probably because they only have one guy left that can head the ball (and the new coaches preference). He's set up a good few chances that haven't been scored, but his finishing is much the same as that of Bergwijn, he drives the ball as hard as he can in the general direction of the goal and hopes for it to go in. Can't imagine he'll every be good enough defensively to play rwb in a 3-4-3

If anyone says new signings can’t come in straight away, bullshit!!! Look no further than Trippier. Signed for Newcastle yesterday, starts today. Ridiculous. Get Traore in asap you tight fisted bald cunt!!! We might have a chance in the tough run of fixtures with a ready made Son replacement

Back
Top Bottom