Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually very disappointed in Conte's reaction. He has absolved himself of any blame but he chose the tactics and the team and he got it wrong.
He should own up to that.
Simply putting on an extra midfielder in the 2nd half changed the game.

Last edited:
"if you compare the 2 teams there is no comparison"

Conte
Why does he always talk negative. He should sound more positive rather than talk us down. He can’t keep going on about the situation blah blah blah. He is paid £20M / yr like Dino so they should their coaching abilities. What does £20M coaching ability get you? At the moment all I see is a blinkered and stubborn insistence to play 523 system when we blatantly can’t do it.

Jesus sobering words from Conte

"Lets stop and clap the performance of Chelsea"

"one transfer window won't be enough, we need much more patience and time"
Why surely he should be disappointed with the performance., no?
He never answers the question about our 1st half performance. He could own up and say he got it wrong.
Did some posters say that about Dino never accepting it’s his fault. We all chats have better squad than but at least try to complete otherwise why bother. He talks like his thrown the towel in which isn’t great for the players. Positive attitude is needed along with a more positive style of football. To me this is all dejavu going back to Dino”s time.

Gutted but we all knew the squad had issues and no manager on the planet can paint over those cracks. Conte hasn’t even had one transfer window, so he needs some breathing space. We’re certainly playing better in most games than we were. We’re not suddenly going to start mixing it with the top teams without some proper signings.

what’s more of a concern is our historical and recent signings… big questions need asking. That’s the biggest area of concern to me.

All eyes on Harry Kane next week. I’ve seen Moura and Son turn up in big cup games. It’s his turn in 2022. .

A cometh the hour, Cometh the man night beckons.
Might even throw a tenner to Now TV I’m that positive.

200.gif

I'm actually very disappointed in Conte's reaction. He has absolved himself of any blame but he chose the tactics and the team and he got it wrong.
Even if that extra midfielder did fuck all it worked a bit. 4-2-3-1 can work for us

Referee and Sky were Chelski fans. Spurs were caught cold but then it became they could harass Spurs, nibble ankles, push, grab, etc, Spurs do it the Chelski players go down and ref gives free kick.
Spurs players could go down and get nothing constantly. Sky hate Spurs and they even said nothing when Chelscum deliberately elbowed England captain Harry Kane.
It could hav efractured his cheekbone but ref, lino and 4th official missed it, while Sky waffled on about nothing, also deliberately. Harry Kane gets assaulted every game but Jamie Carragher made out he gets preferencial treatment coz he's England captain which is a LIE! Chelski are master of the dark arts, lots of niggly fouls and even bad ones like that elbow. The offender even smirked on camera coz he got away with a RED CARD!
Still one goal in second leg it's game on. Don't give up yet!

On train on the way home after attending the match. What a load of bollocks we witnessed tonight. The squad is shite but special mention should go to Royal for managing to perform to an even lower standard. Depressing.

I genuinely think some of you have amnesia. We can't compete with the European champions lads. We got gubbed mere months ago by Palace. We need the painful rebuild. And Conte pulling up trees with what we have is not in our real intrest. We need to shift a couple this window, if we can get one first team player in as well thats a result but we need five first team upgrades to be ready for next season if we can do that leg work now. Then these results are a good thing. No hiding place for Levy.

And you still think that it's just like going to be coming out in the second half? They will have even more and better players at their disposal.
Well fuck off somewhere and cry and wail in a corner!
I've just bought my ticket for next week, going to cheer them on come what may.

I said the same thing. He keeps bleating on about our situation. Well he knew our situation before he joined. No one is saying we should be playing like citeh or pool right (if at all) but at least try to be competitive, give the players a rollicking, don’t choose players off form, change tactics, do some thing different. He basically keeps the sane 11 and formation which totally doesn’t suits us. So his sent us out with one hand behind our back and then also telling everyone we are miles worse than them. Talk about being positive. Don’t blame me I just get paid £20M / year to tell you all how shot we are and have no chance against better teams. Funny how chavs have drawn a few games recently against teams worst than us so it shows it can be done especially on one off cup games.

Well fuck off somewhere and cry and wail in a corner!
I've just bought my ticket for next week, going to cheer them on come what may.

Could be a memorable night. Hopefully sell some more tickets for a better atmosphere.

Spent £90 on tickets for FA cup on Sunday but have now got covid so I think I might have picked the wrong game Ffs.

:contehandshead:

Why does he always talk negative. He should sound more positive rather than talk us down. He can’t keep going on about the situation blah blah blah. He is paid £20M / yr like Dino so they should their coaching abilities. What does £20M coaching ability get you? At the moment all I see is a blinkered and stubborn insistence to play 523 system when we blatantly can’t do it.

Blatantly can’t do it? We haven’t lost a league game playing that system and have barely conceded any goals. We are clearly better than we were before he arrived.

There are just limits to what can be done with this group of players in so little time.

Would he even want to join us? We're a side step at the moment at best Brighton have a much more cohesive and settled team.

Too much hyperbole... We're a step up in every way.... League position(s), club stature, wages...

Brighton are simply a well coached team, no more no less..... These ARE the good times for them.

Back
Top Bottom