Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no such more deadly variant. Lockdowns don’t work either - we need a Plan B

There is a good plan B. Stop being twats. Use common sense in all scenarios. Wear masks where possible.

Trouble is there are dickheads that lack common sense or understand that masks help for an airborne virus that only gets airborne out of peoples noses and mouths.

Inevitably leads to talk of plan C.

My 68 year old dadhas had a stroke and heart attack.

My 42 Yr old brother has diabetes.

My wife has fairly bad Asthsma.

My little sister is obese.

Bearing in mind we expect all these to live without covid, if any got Covid then we shouldn't record them as so? Or do you want statisticians to decide who was very ill or very old and on deaths door anyway?

The stats are fit for purpose and bringing in judgement calls would be detrimental,
Are they all vaccinated?
Are they all at risk of other contagious illnesses? Are they living in constant fear of those other contagious illnesses?

For the record, technically speaking, I am both obese and asthmatic. I say technically speaking as I'm fit as a fiddle, but my covid was less severe to me than a bad cold. I'm 40 and jabbed.
Any form of chest infection in my life has made my asthma sooooo much worse. I've been hospitalised twice in those cases. Covid - barely lost my breath.

There is a good plan B. Stop being twats. Use common sense in all scenarios. Wear masks where possible.

Trouble is there are dickheads that lack common sense or understand that masks help for an airborne virus that only gets airborne out of peoples noses and mouths.

Inevitably leads to talk of plan C.
My sister in law bought a fucking lanyard off ebay to snide out of wearing a mask. Nothing fucking wrong with her.
It makes me wonder how many of these people wearing them actually are "exempt"

But there are a lot of people not so lucky who didn’t die, but didn’t recover as quickly as you. That middle ground is my concern with Covid
That's where the stats need to be made public. How many of those badly affected were vaccinated, how many was it exasperated by having other issues.

I don't doubt covid. What I want, is for the stats to be really clear. Maybe if they are, then a lot of the deniers might start doing their bit.

And maybe, just maybe, the people making decisions based off the stats, might start seeing things differently. Or not. Who knows.

Are they all vaccinated?
Are they all at risk of other contagious illnesses? Are they living in constant fear of those other contagious illnesses?

For the record, technically speaking, I am both obese and asthmatic. I say technically speaking as I'm fit as a fiddle, but my covid was less severe to me than a bad cold. I'm 40 and jabbed.
Any form of chest infection in my life has made my asthma sooooo much worse. I've been hospitalised twice in those cases. Covid - barely lost my breath.
They were examples, under what you were proposing if you died of Covid there would be a good chance that it would go down as pre-existing conditions. Stats are not meant to be about individuals but populations this is why it's unwise to include judgement calls.

Those interpretating the stats can look at normal distribution of deaths per age, excess mortality etc to make those judgements at a population level.

That's where the stats need to be made public. How many of those badly affected were vaccinated, how many was it exasperated by having other issues.

I don't doubt covid. What I want, is for the stats to be really clear. Maybe if they are, then a lot of the deniers might start doing their bit.

And maybe, just maybe, the people making decisions based off the stats, might start seeing things differently. Or not. Who knows.
The stats are published weekly on the ons website. We use within 28 days as its quick and can be used as indicator of where we are heading, the ons has a lag (2 weeks I think) and so less use when deciding policy now. When comparing the ons deaths caused by Covid to deaths from within 28 days they are very similar and more so when looking at trends.

The Ons has a good reputation and is not politicised.

The stats are published weekly on the ons website. We use within 28 days as its quick and can be used as indicator of where we are heading, the ons has a lag (2 weeks I think) and so less use when deciding policy now. When comparing the ons deaths caused by Covid to deaths from within 28 days they are very similar and more so when looking at trends.

The Ons has a good reputation and is not politicised.
I noticed that the ONS actually go as far as to say we should use their stats and NOT the government stats.
Feels like we're getting both more often than not.

He said, that it’s possible, but I refuse bondage to any such ideas as part of me.

Quite simple.

Also, clearly electromagnetic pollution has a factor in the issues abound IMO, not an outlandish idea, that is a belief with bondage.
Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

Also btw you are wrong, it is not 'possible' that the earth is flat.

Cause I'm sane.
I actually reported this site to trading standards a few months ago. They informed me they have had thousands of complaints and are trying to shut it down.

What's that got to do with my beliefs? No idea if their work is efficacious, didn't look, the ones I make are (but make no claims about EMF's only ionisation/qi as this underpins all).

Wouldn't want a device that uses my homes' earth, as that needs to stay clean at night for my bedding (and my daughters both have earthed sheets and Gold based Orgonite around them).

Faraday links science of east and west here, Tesla, Reich, inspired people. Some aren't sensitive to any such effects, the effects though are usually still happening, IMO.

I noticed that the ONS actually go as far as to say we should use their stats and NOT the government stats.
Feels like we're getting both more often than not.
They do different things, government are quick and easy to give an indication on the current status, ons are showing what has happened with a lag, to do the ons ones take time. There is a strong correlation between the two.

I'll take this on the other non spurs thread if you want to continue.

Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

Also btw you are wrong, it is not 'possible' that the earth is flat.

Because I was showing the difference between holding a thought, and it being part of who you are, so, your idea of me, is not who I am, but who you see Zest as.

Oh dear I see this thread has been hit by the Zesty curse too.

Remember lads if you've got cancer just eat a few blueberries that will clear it right up according to our loveable loon.

100% agreed - time to let this thing rip and kill it with herd immunity like every other virus before - nothing else seems to be working. Lockdowns - LMFAO
No one reasons lockdowns are to eradicate the virus …. They’re to reduce hospital admissions, you can pretty much plot the chart between hospital admissions and lockdowns

Once the health service is approaching saturation in terms of beds and staff that’s it… lockdown

That’s the critical metric

Like every other virus ? Only HIV can hold a candle to this virus’ ability to infect, harm and kill

But why this needs explaining is baffling right because it’s fucking obvious

Back
Top Bottom