Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you do a vegetarian option?

Welcome to Spurs, mate. Are you going to the game (if Covid allows it to happen)?
Yes !
Leeks from Brittany, of course, not from Wales !
My english is too poor, je continue in french. Non, je ne serai pas du déplacement, il est vrai que la priorité est le match de L1, contre Nice, puisque nous avons la chance d’être déjà qualifiés. Bien avant vos malheurs avec le covid, il est probable que notre entraîneur fera beaucoup tourner (il a déjà commencé un peu à le faire dimanche dernier). Avec notre goal remplaçant, Salin, vous avez vos chances ! Centrez, centrez, et c’est bon pour vous ! Cette coupe peut paraître anecdotique, cependant, au prochain tour, question adversaires, il y aura quelques clubs costauds.
une précision quant au programme rennais donné par Jimmy d : Rennes a un match de Coupe de France contre Lorient le 18 décembre. En cas de qualification rennaise, le tour suivant aura lieu le 2 ou 3 janvier. Bonnes guérisons !

Whoever is going on Thursday, bring yer boots, you might get a game!

...and wear a mask, so you don't rule yourself out of Sunday's game too!

We are +2 atm as far as GD is concerned, so it depends what some feel is insurmountable.....

Even if they won 4-0, a 2-0 home win against Rennes isn't out of the question considering it's a dead rubber for them anyway.

I know some can't see past binning the game off (and therefor the comp), but qualifying and then evaluating the landscape in Feb is the far smarter approach.
It was a dead rubber for Mura as well

Yes !
My english is too poor, je continue in french. Non, je ne serai pas du déplacement, il est vrai que la priorité est le match de L1, contre Nice, puisque nous avons la chance d’être déjà qualifiés. Bien avant vos malheurs avec le covid, il est probable que notre entraîneur fera beaucoup tourner (il a déjà commencé un peu à le faire dimanche dernier). Avec notre goal remplaçant, Salin, vous avez vos chances ! Centrez, centrez, et c’est bon pour vous ! Cette coupe peut paraître anecdotique, cependant, au prochain tour, question adversaires, il y aura quelques clubs costauds.
une précision quant au programme rennais donné par Jimmy d : Rennes a un match de Coupe de France contre Lorient le 18 décembre. En cas de qualification rennaise, le tour suivant aura lieu le 2 ou 3 janvier. Bonnes guérisons !
There's nothing like a good crepe.

Merci beaucoup pour l'avis 'centrez, centrez'! Malheureusement nous ne centrons pas beaucoup en ce moment! Les deux equipes seront plus faibles que normal, je crois. Moi, je serais la - avec mon reve de victoire 4-0 a nous :)

This guy reckons they'll be fielding a weakened team, including their reserve goalie and his advice is to get the ball into the box as much as possible. Sounds like he doesn't have much faith in the keeper. Are you reading this, Conte?

Completely agree mate and I’m one of the biggest critics when it comes to our awful trophy record, but this 3rd rate almost inter toto cup style competition really isn’t worth shit. We finish 2nd in this group, we still have too play a 2 leg play off game just to qualify for the knockouts. What the fuck competition does that ? It’s awful.
I didn’t know it was so daft and convoluted.

Yes !
french mon GIF

Romero is injured and Sessegnon is suspended but here is a list of all the players potentially available:

NON-HG
LLORIS
GOLLINI
ROYAL
DIER
SANCHEZ
REGUILON
HOJBJERG
NDOMBELE
LO CELSO
BERGWIJN
MOURA
SON
GIL
DOHERTY
DAVIES
RODON
ASSOCIATION
ALLI
CLARKE
OMOLE
CLUB TRAINED
AUSTIN
WINKS
KANE
TANGANGA
SELECTED U 21
SKIPP
SCARLETT
JOHN
WHITE
MARKANDAY
CESAY
WALCOTT
BLF
MATT CRAIG
MIKE CRAIG
MUNDLE

Last edited:
Apparently the players affected are some of Conte's most important and inform players.. Suggest that could be Son, Dier, Skipp, Emerson and Gill (he was down as ill on Sunday) maybe?

Tomorrow's game was always going to be tough, whether Rennes play a weakened team since they are group winners I'm not sure.

Going on whim as I don't know who will be available, and I think the Brighton game will be postponed..

Gollini
Tanganga - Sanchez - Rodon
Doherty - Winks - Hojbjerg - Davies
Bergwijn - Ndombele
Kane

Apparently the players affected are some of Conte's most important and inform players.. Suggest that could be Son, Dier, Skipp, Emerson and Gill (he was down as ill on Sunday) maybe?

Tomorrow's game was always going to be tough, whether Rennes play a weakened team since they are group winners I'm not sure.

Going on whim as I don't know who will be available, and I think the Brighton game will be postponed..

Gollini
Tanganga - Sanchez - Rodon
Doherty - Winks - Hojbjerg - Davies
Bergwijn - Ndombele
Kane
Let’s hope Rennes are motivated to play strength and win due to prestige of the stadium etc. that 11 above should be weak enough to get the job done and fail to win convincingly. Let’s finish in the CL places and win a domestic cup

With more Premier League games likely postponed I think we need to exit this cup and use the extra midweek games to catch-up. Would hate to be 2 league games down against everyone else and still in 3 cups.

Back
Top Bottom