Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough, but when you make the proviso that 'only' 532 is a condition to warrants his criticism then it just comes accross like you're leaving the door open for more excuses for him.

I didn’t say that though.
In the long term, if he can't graft enough to cover the ground required of him to play in a 343 too then I'd say that's still a fail on his part..... Players like Fabregas & Dembele amongst others weren't athletic work-horses.

Which reinforces my point, this isn’t just about Ndombele being a fat lazy cunt or needing to “pull his finger out”.

As Conte himself said, some of it is about positional awareness. Which I think is fair, but I also think he’s not exactly been used smartly, tactically speaking. When he was constantly playing as an 8 in Lyon’s cm3, his positional discipline was less of an issue and he was pretty consistent - and not just in ligue1 but the CL too.

(I concede that being one of the 2 in a 4231 isn't for everyone, but with 3CBs + WBs around him he ought to be able to raise himself to play in 532 and 343.)

Playing as a CM2 in a 343 in terms of transitioning with the ball is no easier as you’ve got one less option ahead/around than in the 4231. It’s just a bit easier defensively maybe. My point is, I don’t really want Ndombele playing in a CM2, he’ll just spend more of his time doing basic water carrying.

I'm not someone that lacks the ability to apportion hope when it comes to any of our players..... I'd love for his issues to prove to have been purely tactical... I'm just not holding much faith in that though.

I don’t think they are purely tactical, but I think we aren’t going to get the best out of him in certain tactical structures, regardless of any other issues.

One other point regarding the support.....it would be a LOT better if we were closer to the away fans. Like in the old W
I know what you mean. Personally I love it, but I know some ladies who don't quite understand. It's good to make sure the pond life stays in the pond.

Kane ran but I didn’t rate his performance, still looks off the boil. So so selfish, epitomised by him having a shot from 30 yards with 30 seconds left in the game which deflected for a Leeds counter attack, rather than running to the corner flag.

Out of form striker in desperate for a goal shock.

I thought Kane had a decent game, sorry everyone. Reg rightly MotM. Good to see Sess back. Cracking response in the second half. Thoroughly enjoyed that
From where I was, I thought Kane tried really hard. He was suffocated quite effectively, but I thought he tried - and I wouldn't trash his performance. Trust me, I will do , if I think he deserves it, but tonight I think he really wanted to commit to the team.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see UTD move for Philips. He’s the sort of industrious, unfussy midfielder they need and they can afford the 60 or 70 million it would take.
it would cost them more than that - Leeds hate Utd, and look what happened after they got cantona.
We should have gone for him before the Euro's - like we should go for Conor Gallagher asap, before he gets more England caps. That guys got some engine and he's not short on talent. Swap him for N'dombele

Huge difference in that second half, and we really needed that win.

Sanchez did well when he came on and dier and Davies were also good i thought
Agreed.

Was I imagining it or did Dav look like he'd put a bit of bulk on? It's certainly an area of his game that needs work - when he came up against a Mitrovic, Antoino, a Chris Wood, he'd get tossed around like a rag doll.

The booing at half time is a bit much.

Fanbase has to be given something on the pitch to cheer for though, Personally I think this is the most gutless, unlikeable group of Spurs players in living memory. Some of the weak piss we've been served up in the last couple of season will take some redeeming. At £70 a pop too.

For the record, I think Conte is exactly the manager to help rebuild that relationship between the fans & team.
I totally agree, most the players just aren't that likeable. We could really do with a VDV type signing in January, a name who the players can get behind and be reminded how to feel something.

I totally agree, most the players just aren't that likeable. We could really do with a VDV type signing in January, a name who the players can get behind and be reminded how to feel something.

We have one of the most likeable players of all time, but we still virtually never sing about him.

it was more than two songs Blakey!

Nothing overtly creative and it’s not like old WHL was a frenzied cauldron of intimidating atmosphere.

My season ticket in the old place was South upper, which was supposed to be the hub of the atmosphere, most games it was like a library up there.

The supposed atmosphere at English games is the biggest misnomer in footballdom. It’s generally shit. The atmosphere at many European leagues is much better, most of the time.

They often have designated blokes with megaphones that keep their “ultras” going virtually for the whole 90. Even 2nd tier games. They often allow unofficial standing in these areas and allow the “ultras” to all congregate together regardless of what their ticket says.

Just got back from the game. Was livid after that complete no-show of a first-half. No shots again - think that was almost 3 matches of no shot on target. Appalling. Much better 2nd half - but still the bare minimum you'd expect at home against a depleted Leeds. Good signs, lots of work to do, but trust Conte to whip some of these shits into shape and 3pts was everything today

They often have designated blokes with megaphones that keep their “ultras” going virtually for the whole 90. Even 2nd tier games.

Megaphones are a bit cringe though in their own right.

They often allow unofficial standing in these areas and allow the “ultras” to all congregate together regardless of what their ticket says.

Harsh to blame fans for the standing rules....

Back
Top Bottom