Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need more quality in central midfield that’s for sure. We don’t have anyone in there who is a good passer or can progress the ball up the field. Sell ndombele, winks, sissoko and GLC and replace them with one of those and another attacking midfielder and we’d be a much better team and squad.
We aren’t going to make any moves. Need Kane at 10 or 8 if he stays.

Well at least he made good off the ball movements to be in those critical moments.
? He literally just ran alongside Stevie and was standing in the box for Stevie's cross the second time.

I'm not a Kane hater but you are being ignorant trying to make Kane look better than he was. He was on 20 minutes, nobody really expected much.

But we did notjing until Kane came on and started linking up with others and holding up the ball

Son or Bergwijn playing as false 9 couldn't do that because Kane is an elite ST.
It doesn't matter (in this context), even if we continued to create nothing, we still ran the corners with the ball Bergwijn still spin his man and we weren't hanging on for our lives at the back where we left few spaces to play through. It wasn't backs to the wall in the least 10.

I really didn't like how we played today and I do not want us to play like we did today again but unlike the past two seasons, my confidence is building in that we know what we are doing as a back 4.

In your defense you have a significant history of opinions that give you great reason to be humble. So good to see you acting accordingly.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Adama is such a pesado, (watched in español, couldn't face yet more boring narrative - the bloke kept saying 'que pesado este hombre, vaya como corre con la pelota' lol)

He'd be right up there if he had just 50% of Sonny's touch
Just a translation check for anyone relying on Google Translate...

Pesado can mean "heavy", and he's certainly not short of kilos and strength, but here it means "pain in the arse". Which he was, throughout. Some performance today, without that killer touch/finish.

Don't really want him at Spurs (but would swap him for Ndombele tomorrow) but I'm more than happy for him to be brilliant at Wolves and for Spain

Not much point if there is no one to possess the ball to. Have Kane up top, drop deep as needed and use a Lo Celso/Ndombele-type midfielder to beat pressure and move it up to Kane/Son/Bergwijn/Lucas.
We’ve got a great track record without Kane. Why would it be any different now. We are actually 2-0 without him starting. All we are really missing is that 10 or 8 that can pass/keep possession. Kane should play the Eriksen role.

Wolves carved our defense, in MF and the backline, apart.

Glad to get the 3 points but I do not get all the comments about how our defense looked solid. It was a terrible defensive performance.
A lot of dimwits with little football knowledge will disagree with you.

We simply rode our luck and were very fortunate Wolves couldn't create more clear cut chances with their domination.

Just a translation check for anyone relying on Google Translate...

Pesado can mean "heavy", and he's certainly not short of kilos and strength, but here it means "pain in the arse". Which he was, throughout. Some performance today, without that killer touch/finish.

Don't really want him at Spurs (but would swap him for Ndombele tomorrow) but I'm more than happy for him to be brilliant at Wolves and for Spain
His quickness with the ball at his feet is unbelievable. From a standing start over 5 yards he just waltzes past anyone.

Kane to me didn’t want to put himself in harms way he minced about did enough but to me did look like he wanted to be there.

i don’t really agree, but this is why we need to get through with points until the window closes.

at that point, if he’s still here, I really believe we’ll get the full on Kane again for the season.

Back
Top Bottom