Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anything tonight proved we dont have the depth to take this competition seriously because if you run the first team into the ground its this lot replacing them in league matches. Either that or you have Hojbjerg, Son and others playing like the walking dead from January onwards just like last season.
This was my gut feeling as well. I had hoped for more from these young go-getters but it seems that they're just not up to the job. They might do better at home and if we can stretch to playing Moura in the second leg he might be able to get them going.

The plan should be "Get the ball to Moura. He'll do the rest!" which is a bit one dimensional but if we can get him to make a nuisance of himself he should be able to bring the other players into the game.

Last edited:
I think that's a little unfair.

I'm not going to offer any defence for the last 70 minutes, which I agree were pisspoor, but for the first 20 minutes at least he was OK, linked well with Gil, the other minor positive from the game, at least for the first 35 minutes or thereabouts.

My (relative) best to worst, without any passes for the youngsters or those coming back from injury or what have you. Just what I saw on the pitch...

Gil (first 35 minutes)
GLC (first 20)

Gollini (no blame for the goal, made a couple of OK saves, had little to do, wore a nice cap)

Romeru (sic), Davies, Gil (last 65 minutes)

Winks (don't think he was half as terrible as people have made out. Not suggesting he was in any way good either. But he was sort of there) GLC (last 70 minutes), Sessegnon

John/Clarke (I'm counting them as one player, seeing as they played 45 minutes each and were both utterly invisible), Scarlett

CCV, Doherty

I didn't register the subs who came on (other than Clarke, and that was only seeing him at the whistle for the second 45) to be honest so I'm not including them

Don't agree Bill genuinely can't remember a positive thing he did he seemed to hide all game, and messed up anything he was involved in

Him Winks and Docherty where awful tonight simple as those 3 all claim to wanna be first team players and yet none of em could pick a forward pass, all of where second to every ball and didn't try to get involved. Actually that's unfair to Winks who despite being terrible and unable to make a forward pass over 5 yards at least showed for the ball.

Also like I said his attitude stunk tonight also him screaming at Scarlett for not coming short when he miss hit that pass to Sess was really poor. Also we know he usually grafts but tonight he jogged for 85 minutes

Hope the club release the unedited Nuno cam footage from today. Every time the broadcast cut to him on the touchline he looked like a man who was being forced to watch his parents have sex.

I was saying that if we play that same squad/team next week then we don't make the group. I can't see any possible way we score 2 without reply without reinforcements.

The diff next week is I can see there being a stronger bench at least....

All those who played on Sunday gave everything..... Nuno would have been insane to play any of them tonight risking hamstrings etc. with another league game coming thick and fast this weekend; knowing that we had a 2nd home leg to get over the line in......

Its week 1 of the season....... As the season rolls on, the fitness picture changes a little.

I'm putting Romero in there because he's obviously been bought as a 1st team starter. Plenty of top flight action under his belt. Not a kid. I've read a number of times that he was Serie A defender of the year. That leads me to believe the issue tonight was attitude. Which in my book is unacceptable. There was much piss taking and merriment that White didn't slot straight in with a 7 or 8 out of 10 in his first game for the scum. Well I'd have Cristian at a maximum of a 4 tonight. A very inauspicious debut against 2nd rate (?) opposition.

Ben White stuff is something I can't answer for, but like I said before; Romero's likely trained very little since he arrived injured and tbh I never had the impression that he was up to martialing the back four yet and had growing to do himself (several journos stating that the pricetag is a reflection of the player he'll become rather than that which he is now)....... Perhaps attitude was a contributing factor for him...? I know nothing of him on that level to judge yet. What I do know is we just looked all over the place as a back line.

You’ll never sing that

Congrats Winning GIF by Audible

Bad fan that I am I pretty much forgot about the game today. It’s a poor result and performance but perhaps a timely reminder to DL and Paratici that our squad is some way off being competitive across a full season. We’ll win next week and progress so shouldn’t be too harsh in judging the management team. Also shows what a bare bones achievement Sunday was. We need quality reinforcements and if that means chucking out Kane so be it.

Up The Spurs.

Had one eye on the game. Obviously an awful display but not a bad result. For some it was good for fitness, for others good experience. Either way I want us to win every comp we're in and we easily have enough to do these in the second leg. Onto Wolves

Back
Top Bottom