Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I've seen, I think this lad is ready for the first team. He's a lot more mobile than most of the other midfielders on our books and I love those defensive overhead kicks he does. Good football brain, runs from box to box. If he hasn't got the ball, he's going to go looking for it. Paul Gascoigne without the baggage.

He'll be a big boost to our midfield this season I think. He should not be expected to start every game. But I think that he will definitely contribute.

He’s just so far ahead of Winks and Sissoko it’s not even funny.

His concentration levels, technical ability, passing range, work rate, defensive ability and game sense/reading of the game is on an entirely different level.

I don’t give a shit that he’s young. He’d be a fantastic partner to Højbjerg and would improve us a great deal.

Only Colchester, but he looked very good.

A midfield of Skipp, Hojbjerg and Ndombele/Lo Celso shows some promise.

Agreed, but short on numbers to rotate - last season Hojbjerg was overplayed and it showed in last third of season.

Ndomble/Lo Celso are playing as a forward CM/no 10, implying we have 3 midfielders in each team, so need 5 if not 6 midfield players.

I'd like to see Nile John and Alfie Devine get some minutes, but I suspect even with their availability we need 5 midfielders in the first team squad.

Agreed, but short on numbers to rotate - last season Hojbjerg was overplayed and it showed in last third of season.

Ndomble/Lo Celso are playing as a forward CM/no 10, implying we have 3 midfielders in each team, so need 5 if not 6 midfield players.

I'd like to see Nile John and Alfie Devine get some minutes, but I suspect even with their availability we need 5 midfielders in the first team squad.

Yeh to me we need one more CM to complete it unless John or Devine are able to set up to prem level already which is a big ask.

Maybe. However, I think Winks and Sissoko will still be here this season (shudder!) which will provide numbers for rotation for Cup/Conference.

Gil for Lamela (which seems to be a done deal) will also boost the squad depth.

I don't fully buy the 'Hojbjerg was knackered' theory as he looked very good in the Euros.

If Gil can play 10, and one of Lo Celso or Ndombele can play further back in mid against less talented teams, the depth could be there. Still, it's risky.

My hope is we get rid of Winks and Sissoko and replace them with one hojberg level talented cm. Someone more senior than Skipp but still a bit of room to grow, sort of like how we bought Toby.

Maybe. However, I think Winks and Sissoko will still be here this season (shudder!) which will provide numbers for rotation for Cup/Conference.

Gil for Lamela (which seems to be a done deal) will also boost the squad depth.

I don't fully buy the 'Hojbjerg was knackered' theory as he looked very good in the Euros.
Just seen on Lilywhite Rose a list of contracts, how much left. Winks has three years left. If he doesn’t want to leave we may have to pay him to go.
Woolwich had to pay Kolasinac, Sokratis, Ozil, Mustafi to go. Although none of them has three years left.

Just seen on Lilywhite Rose a list of contracts, how much left. Winks has three years left. If he doesn’t want to leave we may have to pay him to go.
Woolwich had to pay Kolasinac, Sokratis, Ozil, Mustafi to go. Although none of them has three years left.
Did Winks receive a 25 year contract at age 8? Three more years he has the best agent ever

Back
Top Bottom